Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Battle for Dominus: Teaser Trailer World Premier

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

palu the vid was in very low rez

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

from what i have seen so far all that bothers me that the combat isn't looking that engaging. it looks like the moving around is just done for the vids while it's a stand still combat :(

besides that the idea surely sounds neat and i doubt there isn't one who doesn't hope for a decent three faction rvr game :)

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I had hoped that this studio would not have put out a trailer like that; reminds me too much of the poor production quality Earthrise traier, leaving little to be enthused about regarding graphics, features, combat, game-play mechanics or their signature 3-faction pvp.

Comon, Pitch Black Games. . .I am interested in this title and the feature-rich sandboxy, organic, 3-faction game-play you have on the drawing-board, but give yourselves 100 lashes for that poor trailer, and get some talent to make the next one, please.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by mmoguy43

The sad thing is.... Yes, you do have to choose. Indie devs have to make hard choices on what they want to focus on with limited resources.

Agreed.

People want everything. Eyepopping graphics, stellar story, insanely huge world, complex and intricate crafting, endless variations of character assembly, skills up to 1,000 choices.. all interchangable, open world, no instances, meaningful PvP with amazing objectives and consequences.. all for $10/month.

Those people kill me. They'll look at a game and say "that's ugly", then discount it and go choose a 'pretty' game and say "This PvP sucks! Why is is so bad?"

Developers cannot make the game that is in these people's heads. It's better for them to focus on things that will keep players interested and happy in the long run like WoW did; gameplay, a little humor, some fun pokey objectives, Pvp that you can expand on rather than worrying about some inane criticism about "cartoony kiddie graphics" or "ugly" looking models.

I think there are many gamers who been gaming for many many years, invest into their hobby for gaming systems, have seen what a MMORPG is able to bring (UO, Star Wars Galaxies) hoping this genre would expand on such games, obvious many of us want good gameplay but in this day and age we also want good graphics and animations. Of course there are also gamers that have been gaming for many many years who might totally not care about graphics or animation and pick gameplay over everything else.

I for one love good/great graphics but obviously the gameplay also needs to excite me, it's a 50/50 kinda thing for me, yes I am a spoiled gamer and been spoiled what with what we already had.

But

I also can enjoy a game that excels in gameplay with not so good graphics, but I see nothing wrong with asking for better graphics or animation in these day's.

Can't comment much on what I saw in regards of graphics and animations this early in development and can only hope the developers of this game stick to what they intend to bring to the public and they are bound to get followers who might enjoy their game.

I will keep a eye on this game, but not so much mainly cause it seems once again a full combat oriented online game and to me MMORPG's could or should be so much more.....

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Why is that game looking like its made 2002-3?

mazut it def doesnt feel like the gfx are on par with swtor it is the same tool set there using. even tho swtor has mor epolish than this game does in its current state.

why dont people relize this teaser trailor is just junk and very low rez

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

looks like a 10 year old game, way to be.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Neocron looked better and had more 10 years ago. pass.

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

Looks really crappy. Like poor cousin of 10 years old Anarchy Online... 

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

Originally posted by SBFord

Keep in mind, Goofy3k and haplo602 that this is a start up indie developer. They are focused on features and mechanics and the graphics, while perhaps not stellar, are more than adequate and can certainly be upgraded over time. The bottom line is that the team is focused on bringing 3-faction open world PvP back into the genre and, at least from what I saw on my visit, they're getting the job done.

So why release a trailer AT ALL ??? If you only have crapy graphics to present, a decent web page for features/mechanics will do much better.

This did more harm than good. You cannot present features in a cinematic trailer. That is NOT possible. You have to do a gameplay comentary for that.

If this is the best they can come up with presenting the game, I guess it will be a failure anyway.

And don't give me the features over graphics talk. I take a good and balanced game over eye-candy any day. However this trailer is about eye-candy only.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by haplo602

do they realy insist on showing such an ugly game ? or do they want to spend the entire reminder of the time till release on graphics and proper animation ?

If you had to pick, would you rather have:

a great looking graphical game with "proper" animation and visual eyecandy but poor itemization and crappy gameplay and horrible balancing of classes/races/factions

or

an ugly game with average looks and simple visual stimulation and great balancing, good performance/lag stability and equalized PvP?

All I see is two games to skip. Generally I tend to favour gameplay over graphics, but the margin is not that big, while Prime could be a good fun for a while it just looks so butt-ugly that I could not play it, even if it was free and all access to everything.

Having played good looking games that also plays well, has raised the bar quite high.

kui it isnt butt ugly tho lmao even tho humans need some work

LOW REZ VIDEO PEOPLE GEESES

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Ok, watched it again a few times.  To be fair here the game does look a bit dated by todays standards.  The low res enviroment textures and lack of shadows make the whole video look bad.

They really need to get an enviroment/texture expert as a part of the team.  The character models actually look pretty good, but, I think that is due to a higher poly count instead of texturing tricks.  Problem with smaller studios is the art/3d department is covered by generalists as opposed to experts in each category.  Like the 3d modeler is doing animations and textures too, you end up with great looking models and low to bad quality animations and textures.

We all know they have one shot at a release.  It will pretty much make or break the game IMO.  I am one to give an indie company a lot of slack.  Most however will not give them any slack what so ever.  There are arguments on both sides of that fence, I just hope they don't have to settle and push the game out before it is the best it can be.

Hairysun

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    cant wait.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

I don't get why some people even post.  Its as if they come to this site only, see this video only and judge the game solely based in what they see here in this short clip.  Who knows when this video was released or made or why they chose to use it.  Try looking up the game and seeing other videos and screens.  Then realize they have around 6 months before release to refine and polish.

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59

Take a look at this UI video. Put it on 1080p and full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGe7QJQF00

Now think... this game has another 6 months or so of polish to come. In that time, everything will get better...animations, combat, systems in general. You guys can say what you want after watching an underwelming low quality teaser, but this game studio is going to have a great PvP game on their hands.

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."

• KurganxyKurganxy Member UncommonPosts: 53

Wow. this game looks terible. Those graphics look like theyre from EQ1. The charcter models look kinda cool, but thats pretty much it.

kurg are you blind and not looking at the hq vids? this vid is crap

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

Was that a trailer from 1990?  That was downright shamefull.  I can't believe any company would put that out; I don't care if it's low rez or not... I've seen tons of low rez trailers that look 1000 times better than that.

I hope the game is just in early Alpha and they're going to polish it to high hell. Otherwise it's going no-where.  Everyone hyped about three factions just wait for "The Secret World", I think you'll be much happier.

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

LOL.. more of the same "this game looks terrible" ignorance.  If you want pretty graphics have fun with Aion or Rift... for a month before you get bored.  With 6 months to go, Ill take Prime even in this low beta stage before I go back to boring and pretty.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

I myself agree with the fact that graphics don't mean everything, but for as many as proclaim that fact here for themselves there are probably 3 times the amount that will claim graphics do matter and while that sucks its just the way things are nowadays.

i personally know a lot of people that won't play a game if the graphics suck, no matter how good i tell them the gameplay is lol.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by RocSek

Take a look at this UI video. Put it on 1080p and full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGe7QJQF00

Now think... this game has another 6 months or so of polish to come. In that time, everything will get better...animations, combat, systems in general. You guys can say what you want after watching an underwelming low quality teaser, but this game studio is going to have a great PvP game on their hands.

i hope in those 6 months they can make the environment not feel so dead...the graphics looked okay to me just the environment felt so lifeless to me just watching that vid.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Scalebane
    I myself agree with the fact that graphics don't mean everything, but for as many as proclaim that fact here for themselves there are probably 3 times the amount that will claim graphics do matter and while that sucks its just the way things are nowadays.
    i personally know a lot of people that won't play a game if the graphics suck, no matter how good i tell them the gameplay is lol.

Graphics are an important part of selling a game. Your initial reaction and decision on whether something is good or bad occurs in about half a second and it's based mostly on what you can see. So good graphics are pretty important.

However, the game play is more important. I've seen a lot of very pretty, cr@ppy games in the past couple of years. I'd rather see a very well put together game, that gets some polish after it launches than a game that looks superb, but needs to be fixed after it launches.

So long as they don't go the route of other games with massive advertising campaigns proclaiming they are the second coming of games, they'll probably do very well for themselves.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LiftyLifty Member Posts: 6

thats pretty much exactly what it is. all three factions fight for the planet dominus