Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Battle for Dominus: Teaser Trailer World Premier

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pitchblack Studios has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers an exclusive first look at the latest world release of a new teaser trailer from its inaugural MMO, Prime Battle for Dominus. Check out Prime Battle for Dominus Teaser Trailer World Premier and let us know what you think!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Three.

Faction.

Open.

World.

PvP.

'nuff said.

People will be watching you, Pitchblack.  Don't fark it up.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Excellent... "taps fingers together"  Sign me up

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Can someone from mmorpg.com please stream the video and see if its only me that is seeing a chopped up screenslide show?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by rubydragon5

Can someone from mmorpg.com please stream the video and see if its only me that is seeing a chopped up screenslide show?

Try the direct link to GamerTube.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by rubydragon5

Video is ok to me =)

I cant wait to get a chance to get in CBT, this games looks more and more promissing :D
  • goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250

Wow this looks bad

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

do they realy insist on showing such an ugly game ? or do they want to spend the entire reminder of the time till release on graphics and proper animation ?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Keep in mind, Goofy3k and haplo602 that this is a start up indie developer. They are focused on features and mechanics and the graphics, while perhaps not stellar, are more than adequate and can certainly be upgraded over time. The bottom line is that the team is focused on bringing 3-faction open world PvP back into the genre and, at least from what I saw on my visit, they're getting the job done.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jkb619jkb619 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Yeah...what a crazy idea that they're focusing on gameplay and not pretty pictures.  Kids today... a little less 'bling' a little more 'zing'...

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by popinjay

Three.

Faction.

Open.

World.

PvP.

'nuff said.

People will be watching you, Pitchblack.  Don't fark it up.

yes yes yes.

Graphics dont look that bad to me. And I very much like the art style.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by jkb619

Yeah...what a crazy idea that they're focusing on gameplay and not pretty pictures.  Kids today... a little less 'bling' a little more 'zing'...

I couldn't care less about graphics, but what I saw didn't inspire much hope on the game-play front. I'll use Mount & Blade as an example. Graphically the game stinks, however, everything else made up for that. Most notably movement and fluidity which is what makes the game most enjoyable for me. What I just saw there had no fluidity at all, it looked very "floaty" no weight to movement, a disconnect between actors and environment. Part of making good game-play is getting those things right, I surely hope to see improvement there.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Nice find! Graphics look more than adequate for me personally. Now what would be sweet is if there were 4 planets, 1 for each race and the 4th one for which they are all fighting for. Start on your home world for prepping and head to the 4th world for full blown PvP war and resource gathering that each race needs....that would be really awesome...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

It could be text based for all I care. 3 faction pvp is so under rated, I am ecstatic to see somebody bringing it back. After playing almost every mmorpg out there, my all time favorites remain the ones with the worst graphics, UO... AC1... EQ1... Camelot... AO...

Gameplay over graphics for this old man :)

If someone ever manages to do both in one game, I might change my mind. For now though, give me the look of this game anyday over battlegrounds and instances due to the need for conservation of client resources.

• ShanaeylShanaeyl Member UncommonPosts: 3

@Ramonsky : Dominus is the world you are asking for ;)

http://www.primeonline.com/universe/worlds/dominus/

• oxydeoxyde Member UncommonPosts: 35

Wow, this is really looking great!  I am on the same page with other about gameplay being more important than the graphics but, that being said,  the graphics look pretty good to me.   Hell, I would take DAoC graphics to this day  if some of the movement and UI were updated.  Anyways,  great to see more of this game on mmorpg.com.  Thanks.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Want to see moar gameplay :D

Originally posted by haplo602
    do they realy insist on showing such an ugly game ? or do they want to spend the entire reminder of the time till release on graphics and proper animation ?

If you had to pick, would you rather have:

a great looking graphical game with "proper" animation and visual eyecandy but poor itemization and crappy gameplay and horrible balancing of classes/races/factions

or

an ugly game with average looks and simple visual stimulation and great balancing, good performance/lag stability and equalized PvP?

a great looking graphical game with "proper" animation and visual eyecandy but poor itemization and crappy gameplay and horrible balancing of classes/races/factions

or

an ugly game with average looks and simple visual stimulation and great balancing, good performance/lag stability and equalized PvP?

Sorry but in my experience animation plays directly to the feel of combat. Like I pointed out in my Mount & Blade comparison. Another good example is Fallen Earth, to show how bad animation can completely ruin the feel of a game.

Originally posted by Distopia

or

Sorry but in my experience animation plays directly to the feel of combat. Like I pointed out in my Mount & Blade comparison. Another good example is Fallen Earth, to show how bad animation can completely ruin the feel of a game.

In my experience, you can't look at animation in early stages of alpha (is this even beta yet?) and determine that's how the game will be, considering no optimization or polish.

So again, the question still stands. Are you the type who want a eyecandy game with lackluster PvP or the type who wants a average looking game with excellent Pvp?

I know which type I am.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

The sad thing is.... Yes, you do have to choose. Indie devs have to make hard choices on what they want to focus on with limited resources. image

In my experience, you can't look at animation in early stages of alpha (is this even beta yet?) and determine that's how the game will be, considering no optimization or polish.

So again, the question still stands. Are you the type who want a eyecandy game with lackluster PvP or the type who wants a average looking game with excellent Pvp?

I know which type I am.

What I said is about game-play, so I'm not sure why you're posing that question to me. Of course this is the early stages I never said otherwise, I only offered my opinion of what i saw.

As for the question I don't think it's as cut and dry as that, not for me anyway. I don't play a game because it may have decent PVP, even if that is my desired playstyle. If I want something just for PVP I'll pick up a BF title or something similar.

In the end for PVP responsiveness is what's most important to me, indie's have a bad track record in that department.

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

I'm on board. I'm so sick of the millions of crappy fantasy games. 1 crappy Sci-Fi game is worth 100 fantasy games imo.

The fact that I get cool Sci-Fi armor to wear instead of dresses and hair bands is reason enough!

But please next game I want to see more spaceships; can never have enough spaceships:)

I know which type I am.

What I said is about game-play, so I'm not sure why you're posing that question to me.

You quoted a proposition I offered to someone else, and then chose neither of the options. That's why I posed the question to you; to see which one you would choose.

If you didn't want to pick one, I'm not sure why you chose to participate in that post offering the choice.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

I like the 3 factions and pvp, but the combat looks comically simple...

You quoted a proposition I offered to someone else, and then chose neither of the options. That's why I posed the question to you; to see which one you would choose.

If you didn't want to pick one, I'm not sure why you chose to participate in that post offering the choice.

You were lumping animation in with graphics as something to be overlooked.