Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 4 year old LotrO Account Suspended for...

Comments

• KaynithKaynith Member Posts: 8

Removed by user.

Removed by user.

Removed by user.

Removed by user.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by I_Return

For cursing. 

This happens when I show strong reaction to dual boxing playing and expressed it in global chat. I curse in every game I played  in the past decade. From HL death match, Counter strike, Lineage 2, ect. I have never been told or censored like I;'ve been in ther last month by Turbine.

This is a show case of Turbines and warner Brothers  fear of losing "paying custumers over what people are displeased with. I'm a life time player, so it would be good for them to some how force my hand to delete or unsubscribe to the account , so they dont have to generte that 500 a month. More life ime players have been targeted latley and it is a clear sign that LotrO is on the the way out.

I've playeed since day one and in the last year, the game has just gone to crap.

No more free wquartly updates.

Cencorship of cursing and or dissapproval to the games direction

GMs don't even help people any more unless you are cursing, then they just ban you.

WB has no intention to reaching out the community for any direction

Turbine is pretty muuch dead in having any input to any of the games they  have

LotRO is done.

All I have to say is. Good Job Turbine.

Cursing should NOT be needed, wanted, or tolerated.

Cursing shows a lack of  anything intelligent to say. There are a million other ways to express yourself and being an offensive Potty Moth is not needed.

Lets also mention the fact that that Children play these games.

Everyone slips a curse out now and then, but if your ban for cursing. your language goes beyond that occasional slip and deserves to be ban.

Originally posted by Consequence

I love how you cry "the game has gone downhill" only after you got suspended. Neither the real world or the game world revolves around you. If your gone from the game world, it goes on just fine as crushing as that might be to your ego.

I've been decrying that the game has been going downhill for a VERY long time.

And as of this current moment, I'm not suspended. I've been a loyal customer since nearly launch.

Originally posted by Giddian

Everyone slips a curse out now and then, but if your ban for cursing. your language goes beyond that occasional slip and deserves to be ban.

This is a very common assumption and misconception. You are assuming that the people enforcing said policies are somehow saints, and that is simply not so. There are MANY cases of selective enforcement.

• ZenjinxZenjinx Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Kaynith

And I used it in the following sentance: "The only people who tolerate shoddy customer service silently, are the usual fanbois who will smile and say it's raining, when someone is peeing on them."

Now, in your estimation, is that vulgar?

Are you kidding? Do you not see the vulgarity in your sentence?

You are calling people who accept something you don't "fanbois who like to be urinated on", and you think that is perfectly acceptable?

Would you accept it if your line of thought was greeted with the same insult?

You need to realize, that you are not quite as smart, well-informed, or as mature as you think you are. I don't want my kids reading things like you wrote. It is a game, not a nightclub.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Zenjinx

And I used it in the following sentance: "The only people who tolerate shoddy customer service silently, are the usual fanbois who will smile and say it's raining, when someone is peeing on them."

You are calling people who accept something you don't "fanbois who like to be urinated on", and you think that is perfectly acceptable?

You need to realize, that you are not quite as smart, well-informed, or as mature as you think you are. I don't want my kids reading things like you wrote. It is a game, not a nightclub.

No, I don't see the 'vulgarity' in my sentence. That word was considered semi-vulgar back in 1875. Last I checked, it wasn't 1875. The usuage and acceptability of words changes over time.

If you have 'fragile sensibilities' to the word 'pee', I'm sorry, but that's not my problem.

Have you not heard the common old time saying of ‘Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.” It means, don’t B.S. me and tell me that something is other than what it is. Or, in this case, folks who will ignore all of the facts of a matter, only to say it’s something else. You can’t argue with a ‘fanboi’. And that is the point I was making. And I made the point in cleanly accepted language. But I think someone like you would have got their socks in a wad if I’d said that fanbois were doo-doo heads, because you’d throw in some off the wall garbage of something like: “Are you saying that fanbois have fecal matter on their heads? How is that not vulgar.” Your ‘logic’ is laughable at best, and so seriously flawed, I’d advise not signing up for any debate teams anytime soon. What you gave me was emotional-knee-jerk-reaction, and zero on the facts.

In fact, I think where I got that phrase is a book by ‘Judge Judy’, that was promoted during mainstream prime time television.

If a family court judge can use such a phrase, over prime time filtered television, and in a court of law, I think I am perfectly able to use the same phrase on a filtered forum. Or should there be a double standard?

Because, you see, whether or not YOU liked what I said, I did not violate any of the clearly written Turbine ToS. I did not use a filtered word, and according to the fellow who RUNS those forums, ALL unwanted words, (in their original spellings) are auto-filtered out. If it is not filtered out, it is considered acceptable.

But thanks for attempting an ad hominem attack on my intelligence nonetheless.

The fact that you haven’t known me for 5 minutes and have to do so, tells me an awful lot about you, individually. Have a nice day. :)

I've deleted my original posts, and probably should have never posted them here. I was hoping to open a few eyes and to help people understand that more goes on behind most 'ragequits' then one ever sees. We always assume, often falsely, that the player is 100% to blame, when oft, they've really just had enough of... whatever.

All the best, folks.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

A quick update. I've now been permantly banned from the lotro forums . Apparenly because I have 4 turbine accounts in my master account, on Lotro, 2 DDo and 1 AC , when I log into the forums it randomly picked my ddo forum name. So they deemed it my fault for trying to use 2 account names to post on the forums. THey did this when made a post about the dual boxing, with in that post was clean , no profanity and no trolling.

I've taken further action, something that probably has never been tried. Will report the outcome later.

What kind of further action other than arguing with Turbine themselves can one take?  There's no legal standing, so I don't see what more there is to do other than finding a CS supervisor or something along those lines.

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

A quick update. I've now been permantly banned from the lotro forums . Apparenly because I have 4 turbine accounts in my master account, on Lotro, 2 DDo and 1 AC , when I log into the forums it randomly picked my ddo forum name. So they deemed it my fault for trying to use 2 account names to post on the forums. THey did this when made a post about the dual boxing, with in that post was clean , no profanity and no trolling.

I've taken further action, something that probably has never been tried. Will report the outcome later.

Im not sure what you are hoping to achieve.. but all I see you say is basicly admit you really went out of your way to... get your ban. A perma ban is very very rare.

And what futher actions since you say its something that probebly never has been tried? Grovel? Admit you where wrong? Appologise?

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Originally posted by xenogias

While personally I dont care if a person swears or not you have no one to blame but yourself. Break the rules and get caught you get suspended. Really not that hard to understand. Hell I was suspended for a week when I played wow in wrath for calling a person an assclown. In WOW....a game that never moniters chat. A game where racism and the like is commonplace for chat. Yea...but I wasnt pissed because regardless of how stupid I felt it was I broke the rules. It really is that simple.

Well that was wow. That game has the most immature, overly sensitive players of any game I ever played. That assclown prob gets off on reporting people and has more for from doing that than actually playing the game. When I played wow I was always baited and threatened to get reported on a daily basis. Only reason some people even monitor general chat is in the hopes they can find soneone to report cause that's the only reason they even play it. I have never reported anyone in my life for playing games. Best way to deal with these kind of assclowns are to simply kill them with kindness or simply type "Waaaa" to everything they say. That drives them nutz and pisses them off more than anything you can do and your not gonna get banned for typing "waaa"

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

Some people just don't get it.

When you agree to the EULA, you agree to it.     It isn't some public forum where freedom of speech exists; it's a private server conducting a business. 

I think it's fair to say most adults swear at least sometimes in real life.   But that's hardly the same as typing it out in chat.    I feel no sympathy whatsoever for people who get suspended for this.   The chat filter does not grant you the right to swear.   You knew it, and you did it anyway.    Blame yourself and no one else.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by SwampRob

Some people just don't get it.

When you agree to the EULA, you agree to it.     It isn't some public forum where freedom of speech exists; it's a private server conducting a business. 

I think it's fair to say most adults swear at least sometimes in real life.   But that's hardly the same as typing it out in chat.    I feel no sympathy whatsoever for people who get suspended for this.   The chat filter does not grant you the right to swear.   You knew it, and you did it anyway.    Blame yourself and no one else.

I think SwampRob has the right of it.

It doesn't matter what people believe. Period. Doesn't matter. one can theorize and postualte and insist that things should be the way they think but it doesn't matter.

What matters are the rules and conventions of where you are.

As I mentioned, when I worked construction I eventually evolved an extremely filthy mouth. I was young, in high school, and had no real, lasting experience of the outside world and it just happened.

So was I a saint? nah. But when the time came that I started letting profanity slip in more professional places then I was smart enough to realize that I sounded like a moron.

Do I swear now? yeah, heck I do!

Am I as profane as I used to be? not by a long shot. If I was some place and was profane and met consequences would I piss and moan about it? no.

I believe in "manning up" and taking repsonsibility for my actions. So if I was profane (never has happened) in a game and got banned then I would own up to that and accept the consequences. It's their playground, their rules and I agreed to their rules when I entered.

If I was to enter a good restaurant and then started being loud and obnoxious and started swearing up a storm I would expect to be thrown out. And I'd be thrown out. I wouldn't put up a stink and call lawyers simply because it's someone else's establishment and it's a business and they want to create a certain atmosphere.

It's not all about me. And it's not all about you guys. It's just not At least not always.. Sometimes you have to realize that the world can revolve around someone else for a while as well.

Do what you need to do and act like you want to act but don't be surprised if there are consequences. And be an adult and know the consequences of your actions. You're not stupid so feigning "I didn't know that releasing a string of profanity in the lobby of my child's daycare was going to cause an issue" just doesn't cut it.

If you never receive any consequences then great, it apparently wasn't an issue at that time. If you do then man up and either apologize or realize that it's not the place for you and find a place where you can act exactly how you want to act.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

There's a time and place for everything, and in game chat is not the place to complain about dual boxing or swearing about it.

OP has done quite a bit more than simple swearing to get this ban, as evidenced from several of his posts here, for the average person who understands proper behavior in "polite" society, there's no issue.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Zenjinx

No, I don't see the 'vulgarity' in my sentence. That word was considered semi-vulgar back in 1875. Last I checked, it wasn't 1875. The usuage and acceptability of words changes over time.

If you have 'fragile sensibilities' to the word 'pee', I'm sorry, but that's not my problem.

Have you not heard the common old time saying of ‘Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.” It means, don’t B.S. me and tell me that something is other than what it is. Or, in this case, folks who will ignore all of the facts of a matter, only to say it’s something else. You can’t argue with a ‘fanboi’. And that is the point I was making. And I made the point in cleanly accepted language. But I think someone like you would have got their socks in a wad if I’d said that fanbois were doo-doo heads, because you’d throw in some off the wall garbage of something like: “Are you saying that fanbois have fecal matter on their heads? How is that not vulgar.” Your ‘logic’ is laughable at best, and so seriously flawed, I’d advise not signing up for any debate teams anytime soon. What you gave me was emotional-knee-jerk-reaction, and zero on the facts.

In fact, I think where I got that phrase is a book by ‘Judge Judy’, that was promoted during mainstream prime time television.

If a family court judge can use such a phrase, over prime time filtered television, and in a court of law, I think I am perfectly able to use the same phrase on a filtered forum. Or should there be a double standard?

Because, you see, whether or not YOU liked what I said, I did not violate any of the clearly written Turbine ToS. I did not use a filtered word, and according to the fellow who RUNS those forums, ALL unwanted words, (in their original spellings) are auto-filtered out. If it is not filtered out, it is considered acceptable.

But thanks for attempting an ad hominem attack on my intelligence nonetheless.

The fact that you haven’t known me for 5 minutes and have to do so, tells me an awful lot about you, individually. Have a nice day. :)

I've deleted my original posts, and probably should have never posted them here. I was hoping to open a few eyes and to help people understand that more goes on behind most 'ragequits' then one ever sees. We always assume, often falsely, that the player is 100% to blame, when oft, they've really just had enough of... whatever.

All the best, folks.

You can make assumptions about things and people you know little about all day. You can even back your useless arguments up with what you see as support. I don't need to defend myself. You are the one on the rants as if anyone but you cares.

You are not enlightening anyone, just making yourself to be a fool. Anyone who would place such emotional investment in a game, has completely lost perspective on the real world. Step back, and realize it is just a game.

No one cares for your crusade.

I don't know you at all, not even for the 5 mins you speak of. I responded to your post, hoping you would "see the light" as it were. Alas...

Just so you know, Turbine is not out to get you personally, nor is any other company to any one individual. They are all out to get your money however. That much is obvious.

In the mean time, perhaps you should calm yourself.

As for cursing and my sensibilities, you have no idea. You make a really weak assumption based on my post. I'm not going to go into how I carry myself because it is not in question here. You are the one who put yourself up for scrutiny, hoping everyone would agree with you. Then you basically rage erase your threads and attack everyone because they "don't get it". Many intelligent posters in here FYI.

In one post you state that you hoped that I'd 'come to my sensibilities', and at the same time, in the same post, accuse me of 'rage' erasing my posts.

Go back and read what you just wrote. Then read it a few more times. Then connect the dots.

I erased what I wrote, because here wasn't the proper place for it.  I 'came to my sensibilities' earlier, and decided to remove my posts. That's all you need to know.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Last post is very insightful and totally not stupid.

Anyways, your curse, you get suspended. Welcome to online gaming. You did something against the rules and as such you get banned.

Oh and btw, I don't play lotro. I can't stand the game, I couldn't get above level 10, just in case you want to toss the 'fanboy' thing towards me.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Kyleran

There's a time and place for everything, and in game chat is not the place to complain about dual boxing or swearing about it.

OP has done quite a bit more than simple swearing to get this ban, as evidenced from several of his posts here, for the average person who understands proper behavior in "polite" society, there's no issue.

Well said and as for the op well deserved.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

In one post you state that you hoped that I'd 'come to my sensibilities', and at the same time, in the same post, accuse me of 'rage' erasing my posts.

Go back and read what you just wrote. Then read it a few more times. Then connect the dots.

I erased what I wrote, because here wasn't the proper place for it.  I 'came to my sensibilities' earlier, and decided to remove my posts. That's all you need to know.

One post which I repeated in my second, you are taking as one post? Do you have some kind of point here or are you just looking for an argument. No one here caused you to have posts deleted or any bans,, etc.

I always read what I wrote before posting. Don't be silly. I mean you actually did an internet search on legal terms in conjunction with your argument on vulgarity. Do you realize how silly that makes you look? Do you realize how much time you waste on such a futile venture?

By the wasy, you misquoted me. I said, in reference to earlier post "see the light".  It was funny how you try to defend the word "pee" though. Like I cared about the word. It wasn't the word for your clarity, it was the context in which you put it. Understand?

• maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256

For cursing. 

I curse all the time and nothing happens.

Then I curse in front of my Mom and she grounds me.

WTF?

TLDR version

------- END TRANSMISSION

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

"I curse in every game I played"

Hmm well for me I can't remember any MMO that lets anyone "curse" in global chat lol. So no their not out to get lifers blah blah.

Maybe they know young people want to play and a few reported  you.. good for them.