Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free To Play Is.....

azucarazucar Member Posts: 20

Nov. 1, 2011 

info from the SOE webcast from tonight

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

thank you.

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Im glad the official date is out.

So in advance, welcome potentional new players to Dcuo,.

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

I'll probably check it out again was going to resub actually but saw the F2P when i went to the site and figured id wait very curious to try and get farther in the Batman/Joker stories/missions I enjoyed those the most when I played last.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

Awesome, I haven't played this game yet but i want to check it out on the PS3 since i play other games on my computer, it would be nice to lay on the couch and play an MMO.  My question is, is there just going to be a free version in the Playstation store for DL or whatever? Just wondering if there is info about the  PS3 version.

• zanatoszanatos Member Posts: 15

Ya, they said that it is going to become DL only for both the PS3 and the PC.

• DeathStrokeDeathStroke Member UncommonPosts: 41

Sweet!  I also was going to resub to check it out, I haven't been ingame since launch.  I'll wait now and check it out on the PS3.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

kewl.  while i didnt wan to play on release i'll prolly throw a few bucks at if ro the Light pack and F2P it until SWTOR

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Looking forward to testing it out.

• ElminsterElminster Member UncommonPosts: 28

so, since tomorrow is the 1st, does that mean the servers will be live at say, midnight tonight?

• ZeTaKaZeTaKa Member UncommonPosts: 28

WTF is thinking SOE without make a download link for the client. Tomorrow all will try to download the client and will be a adsolute chaos. How a company like SOE can be so n00b with things like this?

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Same as how SW:TOR will be. They will give the link on the day of launch/on the day of the pre-order beta and there will be/is no "grace period" like everyone so rudely thinks. They simply are making the content available.

People need to wake the hell up and get out of this self-entitlement phase.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• Stargate94Stargate94 Member Posts: 5

What time  will be free to play tommorrow  ?

Star Trek Online:
    Oneill - Rear Admiral Upper Half
    Uss-Altares NX-91002-E
    Fleet: Flotta Stellare Italiana
    Champions Online:
    Lambra - Inferno Liv 12
    Deatclan founder!

Originally posted by ZeTaKa

WTF is thinking SOE without make a download link for the client. Tomorrow all will try to download the client and will be a adsolute chaos. How a company like SOE can be so n00b with things like this?

you mean a link like  this?  

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/installer/ 

The word you are looking for is Oops

• rvhausenrvhausen Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by Paithan

Thanks for the link.  In fairness to ZeTaKa, I don't see a link anywhere on the website either.  Also, I think his point was just to help alleviate ftp congestion.

• drakwondrakwon Member CommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Cameo3

Same as how SW:TOR will be. They will give the link on the day of launch/on the day of the pre-order beta and there will be/is no "grace period" like everyone so rudely thinks. They simply are making the content available.

People need to wake the hell up and get out of this self-entitlement phase.

Bioware said themselves there will be a grace period.....fail troll is fail.

Originally posted by rvhausen

Thanks for the link.  In fairness to ZeTaKa, I don't see a link anywhere on the website either.  Also, I think his point was just to help alleviate ftp congestion.

On the acount management page is another link . SInce a registered acount is needed, that would be a very logic place to find a downloader.

But Im sorry, IF it was Zetaka's intention to point something out to help the ftp congestion.. it sounded more like the typical  OMFG SOE bash message. If it wasnt intended to be one then I appologise, but it did look like one.

• AlbredAlbred Member UncommonPosts: 48

Too bad the PS3 Client download isn't available yet.  This is why it's going F2P, because their service is awful.

Originally posted by Albred

Too bad the PS3 Client download isn't available yet.  This is why it's going F2P, because their service is awful.

I cant judge for the ps3 client. But if its like the PC, ANYONE regististed Dcuo acount can download the client from their acount management, there is a link there to download the client.

But you cant registed as f2p just yet, so that link remains unavaileble for free players till they CAN register.

Strawman =strawman.

• ZeTaKaZeTaKa Member UncommonPosts: 28

I have this program 2 days ago, and don't download any more than this 2Mbs, stay in "Download amt" and don't download ANY

I have this program 2 days ago, and don't download any more than this 2Mbs, stay in "Download amt" and don't download ANY

I just downloaded the patcher using the link

It downloaded in matter of seconds, the launcher it installed is up and running and it hasnt stopped yet. Im sure it wont till the game is fully installed/updated.

Sounds like its a problem on your side.

I downloaded the installer, and as soon as it came up it said you have to have a subscription to even download it.....went to the soe site, and there is no link to add a subscription....so what is to be done there?

• SlybaconSlybacon Member Posts: 48

Nice more ftp games is always a plus

slybacongaming.blogspot.com

There should be an option to add a cd key somewhere, should be at the bottom of the list called enter activation key ,  but since f2p didnt start yet it makes sense you cant register for that yet.

I gues you have to be patient and wait till tomorow to truely activated.

I can however confirm the patcher is working. But then again.. ZeTaKa was already caught on his lie, saying there is no link to download and then saying he downloaded it 2 days ago. (post 11 and 20)

• azucarazucar Member Posts: 20

as far as what time will it be up and running for everyone.

i cant say for the pc  

but i would think it would be earlier than the ps3.

but if i would have to put a time on it...

i would say 6 or 7 pm est.  for the ps3

and for pc my guess would be about 4 or 5 pm.

im sure they are gonna wait till the last min to put this out.

or just before they go home for the day.

i mean its $OE.

but again these are just guesses.

well, it's after midnite and the patcher/installer still says need a sub to play, but when you go to try to subscribe, it takes you to a page that says there is nothing to buy/ subscribe to....any thoughts? I have uninstalled, and reinstalled and still say s the same thing