Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ground-To-Air battles in SWTOR

SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

"Alderaan appears to be the location of the latter, showing players seemingly involved in their own skirmishes as huge guns fire on - and hit - a ship off in the distance. It looks like SWTOR will retain that Star Wars sense of scale from the smallest one-on-one battles to fights in larger craft."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1108736/star_wars_the_old_republic_groundtoair_battles_glimpsed.html

Comments

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Old news.

That is the Alderaan Warzone where you capture turrets that shoot at the enemy spawn ship to bring it down.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Im hoping somethime down the road they implement a "X-wing vs Tie fighter" style combat that doesnt use your regular housing ship.

***Places Plunger weapons on his Tie Intercepter!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by Satarious

"Alderaan appears to be the location of the latter, showing players seemingly involved in their own skirmishes as huge guns fire on - and hit - a ship off in the distance. It looks like SWTOR will retain that Star Wars sense of scale from the smallest one-on-one battles to fights in larger craft."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1108736/star_wars_the_old_republic_groundtoair_battles_glimpsed.html

I do have hope for the PvP planet. You can call in air strikes if you control the correct points. They will give aid to the side that is out numbered as in rocket launchers and maybe even walkers from the last video. But Alderaan is just a 8x8 BG. The scale is nice with the ships and large lazer canons firing at the ships. But it won't be SW sense of scale in PvP on Alderaan, from what we have seen so far anyway.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore