Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to those who have played EQ2

I just recieved WoW for my birthday from my unlce. At one time I was so excited to play this game I couldnt wait to get it but I chose EQ2 over it for my first MMORPG and I have struggled mightly in that game to the point where I have grown to hate it and it has left a bad taste in my mouth for MMO type games.

I just couldnt get the hang of the game or get it figured out. I was decent at fighting but everything else I really acked in and could never figure out. Like crafting and so forth. I enjoyed group quests when I could find a group to play with but that was few and far between.

I have almost decided to take WoW back and get something else since I havent opened it yet since my experiance with EQ2 was so bad.

What I would like to know from those of you who have played both how does this compare with EQ2 game play wise?

Also I have no interest in PvP at all and was told on another forum that if PvP isnt your thing the game isnt worth it.

Please dont feel I am knocking WoW because I am not I am just unsure if the genre is right for me since I struggle so hard in EQ2

Comments

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by -z3r0-

I just recieved WoW for my birthday from my unlce. At one time I was so excited to play this game I couldnt wait to get it but I chose EQ2 over it for my first MMORPG and I have struggled mightly in that game to the point where I have grown to hate it and it has left a bad taste in my mouth for MMO type games.
    I just couldnt get the hang of the game or get it figured out. I was decent at fighting but everything else I really acked in and could never figure out. Like crafting and so forth. I enjoyed group quests when I could find a group to play with but that was few and far between.
    I have almost decided to take WoW back and get something else since I havent opened it yet since my experiance with EQ2 was so bad.
    What I would like to know from those of you who have played both how does this compare with EQ2 game play wise?
    Also I have no interest in PvP at all and was told on another forum that if PvP isnt your thing the game isnt worth it.
    Please dont feel I am knocking WoW because I am not I am just unsure if the genre is right for me since I struggle so hard in EQ2

EQ2 and wow are totatly differnt games. dont worry about it WoW is ALOT easier than EQ2. try it for your self.
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

I havent played EQ2, but compared to every other mmorpg ive played, WoW is by far the easiest game to learn and play. Easy to learn, difficult to master. As it should be :)

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

WoW is much better than eq2 in my opinion.  Eq2 feels dull to me. All i can say is to try WoW out.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    as all others said, plus i add that the comment about PvP is absolutly not true. if you pick a PvE (normal) server, you do not have to pvp if you do not want to. enemies CAN raid your cities, true, but they can kill just the NPCs if you do not attack them.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"