Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internet Cookies - Are They Harmful?

Many people ask the question of whether cookies are harmful for their computers. The answer is generally no, but it is not nearly as straightforward as it sounds. While cookies are often stored in text files, only used to track information that is already provided to various websites, and are set to expire in short periods of time, they can be used for malicious purposes in certain instances. You will need to work with cookies - however, if you know when to delete them and when not to, you can still enjoy the conveniences they provide.

Comments

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

You know, I laughed at the idea of AI bots being tested here. But either someone out there is getting a kick out of playing this prank, and/or it is less preposterous than I thought.

There are few ways to describe how utterly random these posts have been.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Eating too many cookies can and will be hazardous to your health, by thus spiking insulin levels/glycogen uptake and allowing the body to store more fatty tissue

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

maybe...but they rather make money with it, especially when someone is cookie stuffing. Clean your browser always.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

cookie stuffing, sounds dirty...

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by arash010

Many people ask the question of whether cookies are harmful for their computers. The answer is generally no, but it is not nearly as straightforward as it sounds. While cookies are often stored in text files, only used to track information that is already provided to various websites, and are set to expire in short periods of time, they can be used for malicious purposes in certain instances. You will need to work with cookies - however, if you know when to delete them and when not to, you can still enjoy the conveniences they provide.

cookies are used to follow your actions Microsoft and thirdpartys follow your movement by placing cookies on your computer.

Removing them is a SMART MOVE.

If you dont know how in win7 REMOVE COOKIES here tuturial:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/94067-cookies-delete.html

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by HardWalker

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • incuriousincurious Member Posts: 7