Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a game for quick PvP I can hop into.

xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

I'm currently trying a few games for PvE and I'm satisfied, but when I feel the need for a quick PvP match I always end up on LoL. After 1200+ games, you just start wishing it was an MMO you're playing and not a MOBA. I do miss WoW since I could try and hop in battlegrounds even when I'm only mid level and need a break from questing, but I'm trying to avoid p2p games atm.

I'm looking for a bit more high-fantasy, but I'll take others into consideration, mind you I just recently tried AoC and didn't like the theme too much. 

Atm I'm considering: (all f2p)

- Allods (does it have a battlegrounds-type setting?)

- Fallen Earth (does it have pvp? if so, what kind?)

- City of Heroes

- Guild Wars 

- L2 (trial, is it worth playing a bit now for when f2p comes?)

Any other suggestions where PvP isn't too hard to find? 5-10min queues maybe?

I don't mind if ppl throw in p2p games, too, if it's really worth mentioning in your opinion. 

Thanks.

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

You might try the WAR trial, you can play tier 1 for free indefinitely.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

SOE is announcing when DCUniverse is going ftp tomorrow so might want to check that out.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Well there's always Battlefield 3.. sure it's not a mmoRPG.. but a mmoFPS (online of course).. that should give you the quick PvP fix.

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

The suggestion of WAR free trial is a good one. You can play in Tier 1 forever, which is the best of Scenario PvP in WAR.

If you don't mind a sci-fi genre, EVE would be a good choice, but it's P2P. You can get into a Corp and PvP almost from the beginning.

Bloodline Champions is another option, but it's mostly like just doing arenas over and over.

Also, in Guild Wars you can create a PvP only character and PvP right from the start.

Since you say you miss WoW, though, the best advice is for you to set up a WoW: Starter Edition account where you can play forever at level 20. You can get into WSG 20-24 bracket and AB 20-24 bracket. That's what I'm doing now and I'm having a great time, because, like you, I too missed WoW BGs when I used to play them just for the fun of it.

You can get decent gear from the first six dungeons, as well as honor points rewards. Also, with enough time invested, you can get Heirloom items, which will make you competitive with the P2P Twinks you'll go up against.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

WAR trial is a good suggestion but I think that Guildwars is overall much funner.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

WAR trial is a good suggestion but I think that Guildwars is overall much funner.

I'd back thse two games as well.

t1 in war can offer some fun going back and forth in open world pvp. Nothing really deep, but a quick fix. And gw is gw.=P

I'd suggest Mount and blade too if you haven't already played it, it's not a mmo, but it's online is a blast.