Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't recreate Top ten review #1 PC?

feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

I found a great PC deal at Top Ten Reviews: http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming/cyberpower/cyperpower-pc-black-pearl-review.html

However when I click the link to cyber power from that review and recreate the computer with the specs listed in the review it comes to around $3200 instead of the $1255 shown in the review.  I doubt even special sales would change the price of a computer by $2000.  Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong on the Cyber Power website?

Comments

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by feena750

I found a great PC deal at Top Ten Reviews: http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming/cyberpower/cyperpower-pc-black-pearl-review.html

However when I click the link to cyber power from that review and recreate the computer with the specs listed in the review it comes to around $3200 instead of the $1255 shown in the review.  I doubt even special sales would change the price of a computer by $2000.  Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong on the Cyber Power website?

just build out the same PC with the specs, make sure the CPU and video cards match up (those will be the most $$ parts, also a SSD if it had one). If it's still ~3000$$ then it was false advertisement hah...

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

The standard recommendation will be to order your parts off newegg/tiger direct and hand build your system. You will without a doubt save $$ and get the best bang for your $$..

Now if you are not comfortable building your own system.. AVAdirect seems to be a great website for custom building towers/notebooks. You will get just about the best possible deal with them give or take a little $$. Also when it comes to PC's you have to look closely at what you want to spend, for just a few hundred more $$ could mean a massive boost in performance or very very little.. Depending on what stage you get to.

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• bakagamibakagami Member UncommonPosts: 152

Originally posted by feena750

that's only a tech review site, they don't sell hardware.  I found the listing by just googling "buy CyberPower PC Black Pearl"  current price: $1285.   as far as recreating it from its components, sometimes stores get deals buying bulk OEM parts that they use in stock PC's like that.  You won't be able to recreate the same specs for the price.  anyway, good luck

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Cyberpower is a horrible place to buy a computer.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• bakagamibakagami Member UncommonPosts: 152

Originally posted by pyrofreak

Cyberpower is a horrible place to buy a computer.

never dealt with them, I prefer to build my own anyway

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

IF your looking for a pre-built system these guys are legit. Otherwise id go newwegg/tigerdirect and build it myself.

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Another great site is http://www.ibuypower.com if you want a pretty good sight that doesn't cost a lot. Its just another option if your looking to get a system created by a company. As others say, its best to put your own system together, but its understandable if you don't want to. I'm under a similiar situation myself where, while I am willing to build my own pc, I am basically purchasing for myself and my dad, footing only a portion of the bill since I pretty much just get scraps here adn there (working pretty much as backup) while he needs the system as well, so he tends to be unfortunately iffy about the prospect.

MY advice is to make sure you get a good warrenty on the system and try looking reviews up for each company. You will want to purchase from a company that is reliable and should something go wrong, not be hesitant to fix your system for you, ideally at no cost to you. At the very least make sure to insure that they don't try anything 'sneaky' on you to force you to go through them to even fix your computer or upgrade it at all.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Or just go through me :) i beat any brand name "custom" computer company.