Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will it be release quality??

MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Again I cover the news that others won't!!  Some players really would liek to know when the game will be release quality and are asking SV when??  I will preserve most of the thread here because I am sure it has a short lifespan if you get my meaning.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/68145-star-vault-please-explain-yourself.html#post1224246

Angry Star Vault, please explain yourself

Well, I've lost my patience again.

To the Star Vault team:

Can you tell me when this game is going to be release-quality, so I can re-sub? Just an "about" date when you think you'll have:

A real UI

Mobs that follow collision and have proper AI

No resting 'push' bug

No shield crashes

Magic fleshed out

Mounts that can walk up 3 stairs

Mounts that don't randomly take 6,000 damage on a 2cm hill

Invisible mobs

Respectable server uptime

Splittable/stackable items (ie bandages, that never stack)

Looting that stacks properly

Bags

Better house vendors

Co-owners for houses

A real thieving system(ie partial stack steals, no 15 minute timer for snooping...)

You know, basically all the things necessary for a quality game.

I'm glad I canceled my subscription for about a year, and didn't give you over $150 dollars to sit on your ass all day and accomplish nothing.

How about some real updates, other than "We're working on it. Please be patient."

-A paying customer

crowface is offline Report Post

Unread Today, 11:31

Send a message via MSN to Tizio Send a message via Skype™ to Tizio

without our money they can't develop this.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2nrrr9.jpg

MortalItalia.com Italian Fansite!

MortalPolitics.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio View Post

And what exactly makes you think that they CAN actualy develop it even with our money?

Unread Today, 12:30

Infractions: 0/1 (1)

Quote:

We aren't charity associations. We pay for a service, if it's not delivered ppl stop paying.

Get real.

Comments

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Yet again we get the small team excuse..  Isn't this horse dead yet??

Unread Today, 16:44

Crowface, mostly, these are the things I am waiting for to resub again, unfortunately, it seems impossible to have them before a year as I consider the last years pace of patching.

We have to understand that the team is small, and check big companies game trailers to have a guess on the team size those companies have. They are releasing trailers that SV cannot think of producing with the resources they have (check this, a small movie even? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znj_r...yer_embedded#!)

It is not necessarily because the lack of talent or professionalism in the dev team, but happens in all software projects lacking number of required workers. Just lower your expectations, have some patience, and if you're very angry, give some break and return back to check the game again.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

I am betting it will be non beta in about 4 years if you are going by their track record with content patches.

That is if they can find funding to float them that far.  As of now they aremaking no money.

Quote:

People should give a fuck why? What happened to actually making and selling FINISHED products? I mean fuck this is just another in a growing line of games that have been released as finished or 'gold' yet still don't even match up to what open beta standards used to be.

With that being said, I don't mind bugs, I don't mind server crashes, I'll put up with a lot of shit for a game I find fun. But a little transparency would be nice. It's painfully obvious when the servers are broken there really isn't a need to say they are unless you can give some form of fucking specifics and perhaps even an ETA.

And on the side of patches... for the love of fucking god try to do a little more testing on them. You try to 'balance'(lol) something and you end up fucking something else... I haven't seen fuckups in patches like this since Neocron, and that's saying a lot.

They had testers on the last patch like they have been saying they had but it still did not stop from things breaking.

SV

We always test patches

Now we have more testers

Now we have player testers

Somehow we still get broken content.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<edited out since asking my own sort of loaded question could be considered topic highjacking>

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Is the thread removed allready? cause i cant find it anymore in MO forums.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by argirop

Yep. Its gone

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Not even locked but removed? Was any trolling, insulting or whatever at later posts? I m Ioudas from MO forums btw and was expecting an answer from Tizio to see what was the line of thinking behind the fact that he was encouraging people to pay subs, by using the argument that SV could never develop MO without us paying them monthly fees. And my argument was that even though i m paying two monthly fees... i dont see any actual developement and since i m arround MO and SV since 2009 i really cannot be optimistic anymore and dont think things will change.

Its really sad to see games like MO and developers like SV to be in the open market and opening roads to other companies to deceive their customers exactly like they did and delivering to their public such products like MO. Tbh as a 31 year old gamer that i do enjoy spending my free time on playing online games, after all this years i wouldnt mind at all if people where willing to make collective law action against SV for false advertisement, deceiving the purchasing public, delivering broken products (by definition the boxed version which i m ashamed to admit but i did paid for approximately 90 Euros). Dont get me wrong i dont wanna harm the game itself. MO was a briliant idea and i would really like to suceed but patience has its limits and theres no case at all that an irresponsible boy like Henrik in his early 20s with his kindergarden crue should go by unpunished and walk by without having any actual losses even though he failed cause of slackerness to deliver something decent to thousants of people that where willing to support an idea. Taking yourself into courts for the amount of 90 Euros doesnt actualy worth it but if people with same thoughts and feelings where grouping up to do that as a team and they where donating any amount of money they where about to get back in a higher organization like UNICEF, i m preety sure that this would be an action with several benefits: 1)SV would lose money that doesnt deserve at first place, 2) SV like companies will think 2 times to take the same road that SV took with MO, 3)several kids with real problems will get a benefit from the money that us/ addicts/gamers allready spend for nothing. And to back this up a bit dont think that theres actualy a court even in darker corner in planet earth that could give extenuations to SV in a case like that.

Originally posted by argirop

Ofcourse it is.  They do not want posts like this asking them when the game will finally be good in the forums they have other people to try and dupe into buying a copy.

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

It was an interesting post and most seemed in agreement. SVs been doing the same song and dance since Block A.

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

it's had more than enough time......never

Originally posted by Exterminos

it's had more than enough time......never

Have to agree, over 1.5 years of the same crap.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

of course it will never be release quality, because SV can't make the smart design priorities that small companies need to make.

like, making the core features work as intended, and polish existing elements, rather than implementing huge and complex new systems.

but I guess they fail to understand how problematic this is, since the forums are heavily censored and the most active posters are guys like these:

Old Today, 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydras View Post

Understood, but can we get an update on the UI? I know TC is priority, but things have been sitting in that section for a long time, it would at least be proper to update it if things have been put lower on the list of priorities. I understand the size of the team, but we've been waiting a long time for the UI and I would at least like to know how it's coming along, especially for being "Under Development" for months. Is it planned to come after TC? With it?

New UI is something usefull only for new players (and little content for everyone, like free inventory and so on). If you play for more than 6 months you should be used with the new UI.

MortalPolitics.com

the stupidity displayed by some of MO's die-hard fans is honestly quite amazing.

they are so used to the bugs, exploits, placeholders and crappy perfomance that they honestly believe SV don't need to focus on fixing the game.

then they go "it's a small team, they can't work on everything at once!"

EXACTLY - and that's why they perhaps should focus on actually making the game playable, instead of implementing more complex stuff that they lack the skills to code properly.

but they won't listen to that kind of advice, and that is why I and many others have totally given up on MO.

Originally posted by Biskop

of course it will never be release quality, because SV can't make the smart design priorities that small companies need to make.

like, making the core features work as intended, and polish existing elements, rather than implementing huge and complex new systems.

but I guess they fail to understand how problematic this is, since the forums are heavily censored and the most active posters are guys like these:

Quote:

Understood, but can we get an update on the UI? I know TC is priority, but things have been sitting in that section for a long time, it would at least be proper to update it if things have been put lower on the list of priorities. I understand the size of the team, but we've been waiting a long time for the UI and I would at least like to know how it's coming along, especially for being "Under Development" for months. Is it planned to come after TC? With it?

New UI is something usefull only for new players (and little content for everyone, like free inventory and so on). If you play for more than 6 months you should be used with the new UI.

MortalPolitics.com

the stupidity displayed by some of MO's die-hard fans is honestly quite amazing.

they are so used to the bugs, exploits, placeholders and crappy perfomance that they honestly believe SV don't need to focus on fixing the game.

EXACTLY - and that's why they perhaps should focus on actually making the game playable, instead of implementing more complex stuff that they lack the skills to code properly.

but they won't listen to that kind of advice, and that is why I and many others have totally given up on MO.

Your post is %100 accurate.  I think people like Tizio do more harm than good.  I think SV listens to people like him over people that say the game is broken.  I have seen Tizio say patches are bug free in the forums even tho patches were horrible.  I can not tell if he is a troll or he is just that blind.

Quote:

So lets leave it as it is since it suits you! I really dont get where comments like yours coming from. I m playing from Beta B and cannot imagine my self in your shoes: "O.o i dont wanna change this shity UI from the 90's cause i m attached to it after all this time, same with the bugs pls SV dont remove them at least not the ones that acompany us from release, now as it is about the downtimes pls keep them as they are-sudden, long and not a word about them cause i cant play without the thrill of an unexpected downtime and concerning patches pls keep delivering them as you did so far, introduce a new placeholder and break all the previous excisting ones, cause i cant see the point to have all this working half there features around-people might get tired of them".

I could keep on to prove you that you are irrational, that you dont have anything to say but you re just writting down crap because you simply got used to it and not a single person that has a decent feeling on common sence will agree with you in those ridiculous thoughts you are sharing.

I m almost getting upset every single time i see smt similar written. Next time i will skip reading yours at least since the majority of your posts follows that certain road.

Originally posted by MONEWS

Your post is %100 accurate.  I think people like Tizio do more harm than good.  I think SV listens to people like him over people that say the game is broken.  I have seen Tizio say patches are bug free in the forums even tho patches were horrible.  I can not tell if he is a troll or he is just that blind.

The yes men, excuse dealers and hype flingers are half the problem, the other half is SVs ineptitude.  I can understand being a fan and wanting the game to succeed, but blind acceptence while sticking your head in the sand isnt the way.  There have been several posts by Henrik claiming this is the first he's heard of this problem or that.  WONDER WHY? image These "fans" have helped undermine the game they hold so dear, enjoy the fruit of your labor. image

Thread in official MO forums is deleted...

• PancakeEffctPancakeEffct Member Posts: 42

Even if they had our money and great talent, do you really think this game would be worth it? The game is on a bad engine "for mmo's anyways." Not to mention their fundamental systems are crap. I wish they actually stuck to their philosphy back in the day when they had power slides of what they were wanting to accomplish, instead of vearing off course and listening to the 10% of the community who were forum whores and made  changes based of them instead of what the majority of what the community wanted for the players that spent more time in-game intead of on the forums.

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

they need to give this game to another company that knows what needs to be done, enough said

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

they need to give this game to another company that knows what needs to be done, enough said

Correction...Know what needs to be done and how to implement it.   Many of us bought into the idea of MO, Starvault failed time and again on delivery.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

Originally posted by Biskop

Quote:

MortalPolitics.com

Worse, he is the fearsome BLIND TROLL. In his head he s doing good but in truth he s throwing rocks on the game he likes.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

No company would touch this game with a 10 foot pole to buy out.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Yet again we get the small team excuse..  Isn't this horse dead yet??

Unread Today, 16:44

Crowface, mostly, these are the things I am waiting for to resub again, unfortunately, it seems impossible to have them before a year as I consider the last years pace of patching.

We have to understand that the team is small, and check big companies game trailers to have a guess on the team size those companies have. They are releasing trailers that SV cannot think of producing with the resources they have (check this, a small movie even? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znj_r...yer_embedded#!)

It is not necessarily because the lack of talent or professionalism in the dev team, but happens in all software projects lacking number of required workers.
    Just lower your expectations, have some patience, and if you're very angry, give some break and return back to check the game again.

I underlined the part that I have a hard time understanding.  I'm ok with a small dev team trying to make a product and grow it.  I just dont understand how people (SV and fanbois) think it is ok to charge a premium sub fee for a low quality product.  Even the fanbois can not argue this product is severely flawed, this guy above actually points out you should have lower expectations for this game, then why the same sub fee?  A Yugo was not the same price as a BMW.  If SV would lower their price to something more reasonable and stop acting like they are a big-10 development house, a lot of the bad press and money issues with them would go away.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Peckus

Correction...Know what needs to be done and how to implement it.   Many of us bought into the idea of MO, Starvault failed time and again on delivery.

Or even better still, start over from scratch. There's not enough of an IP there to make working on the game worth it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.