Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fair warning - dont give them your CC details !

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am pretty amazed to have Fallen Earth. Which is probably the closest to sandbox AA quality MMO go F2P

Sadly the company that made it was sold to Gamers First (G1) and its shows.

G1 is in buisness of buying dead or dying games , and simply leaching them for whats left.

FE seen huge influx of players during first week , which caused constant server crashes and lag.

(Suspicions are that even the servers are weaker than original old servers)

Did G1 upgrade the servers ? No ... they simply dont care.

But what they did was far more devious.

They removed cancel subscription (confirm) button

You heared it right.

People can not unsubscribe.

And support is simply not answering the emails.

This was they solution to people leaving the game due to lag.

How can such buisness policies be allowed to exist. I dont know. I guess Internet buisness is truly wild west territory.

And we are the buffalos...

After that incident. I would be crazy to ever think of giving them my CC info.

I gonna play the game as freebie.

But i am not falling for CC scam trap.

Consider yourself warned

Comments

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

I'm sitting here staring at the 'available plans' area, under which there is the option to 'unsubcribe'.

[Mod Edit]

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• Diligent1975Diligent1975 Member Posts: 3

Yeah, it's an option in the drop-down menu.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I definately unsubbed like 3 hours ago. If you go to the subscription page, press change your subscription, it will bring you to the page to change it, drop down the menu and press unsubscribe then apply.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Ramones274

I'm sitting here staring at the 'available plans' area, under which there is the option to 'unsubcribe'.

{mod edit}

It was missing all last week while they had problems with servers. Just read my post.

Multiple people complained on forums. Not just me.

Everyone says it was dirty trick they did so the people will not "rage" unsubscribe while game had server problems.

But. Hey. Go on... just subscribe.

If you dont care about potentially being scammed for subscription money.

Heh. Its your credit card anyway.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

I once posted something about champions online deleting my characters. It was an angry post full of bile and cursing. I had a few replies from people saying 'are you sure you don't have more than one account?'. I said no. It turns out I had more than one account. I posted a few more things kind of back peddling to save face but it was pointless, I'd made a tit out of myself with my hasty, angry posting. For some odd reason I am reminded of this now :P 

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

When was this last week?...because I subbed for $9.99 last week to get some crafting out of the way for a new character I started. I then unsubscribed via the drop-down menu. It took me a while to notice and I began to think they did remove the cancel button..then I found the dropdown. That was all last Friday 10/14/11..2 days after official F2P started. Are you sure people just can't find the right page with the drop-down option?

That aside..there was one thing that concerned me..if anyone can help....I couldn't find a way to remove my credit card info after cancellation.

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

yeah, i unsubbed last week without any problems.  im gonna file this thread under "user confusion". 

i wasnt subbed to 2 other mmos right now id be paying for Fallen Earth. it is a great game run by great people. every problem ive had with the game or my account has been delt with swiftly by mods, and i usually get some kind of patience reward out of it (motorbike, rifle, goggles, chicken mount, character respec gun etc)  

perhaps the OP had his cookies set up weird or somthing, but there's no dirty tricks involved with this product.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Edit: Originally posted snarky reply but then found this thread on the FE forums saying they have now fixed the issue where people were unable to cancel/change their subscriptions.

So there was a problem. Its now fixed. Everyone Rejoice :)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

Edit: Originally posted snarky reply but then found this thread on the FE forums saying they have now fixed the issue where people were unable to cancel/change their subscriptions.

Thanks.

Well there you go....

Conviniently timed with server problems. Where everyone wanted to rage quit...

Anyway. It is downright ridicilous how people react to this posts.

I wonder if someone would write : dont rub handfulls of pins and razors in your eyes.

What the reactions would be ? : "LOL, Maybe you have sensitive eyes! Noob. I am am going to rub razors in my eyes right now!"

Same thing when two years ago (was it that long) european side of  WARHAMMER ONLINE , got 5 free days promotion (AUTOMATIC).

But what really happened that , after 5 days were up, everyone that ever had subscription was automatically resubscribed to the game , with no warning.

So people that figured it out. Went and made posts here, warning people to check their subscription status, and unsubscribe.

You should see the flames these good people recieved.

Ah , gotta love internetz. Where trying to help people will get you hated.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Maybe people shouldn't rage quit in just a few days?

Patience, something so rare these days.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Or maybe people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their credit card ?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Or maybe people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their credit card ?

Much ado about nothing I'm afraid, just how I see it.  Don't use your credit card if you're so worried about it, usually other alternate ways to pay.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Smart people dont use credit cards and stay with advanced debit cards or switch to a bank that offers them. That way they can regulate what happens to their money any way.

But aside form that i have had no problem with GamersFirst what so ever, the few times they have fouled up they have fixed it.. Sure service is not the fastest but it get's done.

No i have nother problems with the game it self, the primary being that i can't seem to connect to the server at all.

But no real problem with billing/payment... And with the F2P model it would not be vital to keep people from "rage quitting" considering that they can still play the game and thus will come back and resub when things work better.

This have been a good conversation

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Much ado about nothing I'm afraid, just how I see it.  Don't use your credit card if you're so worried about it, usually other alternate ways to pay.

Aside of rage-quitting after few days of server problems which might be silly

Consumers should have to cancel their subscription whenever they want.  Missing unsubscribe button maybe it not end of the world if it got fixed after few days, but it is clearly company fault and I am amazed that you try to spin it around to be honest.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Incredible the lengths some people will go to to trash a single company. I've seen countless times over the years where server issues and the inability to alter/cancel your subscription went hand in hand, and they always coincided with the game having server issues. Warhammer, Mortal Online, Runescape, World of Warcraft, Fallen Earth, unless you're going to try to convince me that all of these companies were trying to scam me in some way.

If you're going to be a budding activist, make sure you're warning people about a real problem.

Originally posted by Omali

Incredible the lengths some people will go to to trash a single company. I've seen countless times over the years where server issues and the inability to alter/cancel your subscription went hand in hand, and they always coincided with the game having server issues. Warhammer, Mortal Online, Runescape, World of Warcraft, Fallen Earth, unless you're going to try to convince me that all of these companies were trying to scam me in some way.

If you're going to be a budding activist, make sure you're warning people about a real problem.

Being that the blockhead people will do exactly the thing they are warned against ?

You are right.

I am just amazed how any belevelent action will create apsolutely opposite on internet boards.

Just in another topic in this very same forum I reccomended the game to everyone. And all i got is slammng responses , bashing the game and complaining about it.

Here , opposite. I warn people from subscribing. Suddenly everyone loves the game and everyone is happy puppy subscriber.

Go figure.

As they say : You can bring donkey to the water, but you can not make him drink.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Being that the blockhead people will do exactly the thing they are warned against ?

You are right.

I am just amazed how any belevelent action will create apsolutely opposite on internet boards.

Just in another topic in this very same forum I reccomended the game to everyone. And all i got is slammng responses , bashing the game and complaining about it.

Here , opposite. I warn people from subscribing. Suddenly everyone loves the game and everyone is happy puppy subscriber.

Go figure.

As they say : You can bring donkey to the water, but you can not make him drink.

Sorry man, but you should know better. In internet forums you can't please any of the people any of the time...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I don't care about people criticising the quality of a game or a company, but when you start accusing them of fraud (such as claiming that they purposely removed the ability to unsubscribe so  people couldn't quit), I feel I have to step in and point out that this is not an unnatural event. Not being able to cancel your subscription is a common side effect of extended billing server maintenance/issues, and G1 said from the beginning that they would be refunding anyone who wanted to unsubscribe but could not, and was billed during that period.

A scam requires intent. 

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

You are right.

Go figure.

It's not just gamers who behave this way. This is a prevalent thing on the interwebz. It's been discussed about why folk behave as such due to anonymity. IMO we behave this way due to unresolved hurts and perpetuate it to the rest of humanity. 

It can be hard not to get upset over what someone says in a post and tough to not take what is said personally. IMO, try to take things with a grain of salt we're all looking from the outside and haven't experienced what you have and have no vested emotions in what has occured. 

Originally posted by stragen001

Thanks.

Well there you go....

Conviniently timed with server problems. Where everyone wanted to rage quit...

Anyway. It is downright ridicilous how people react to this posts.

I wonder if someone would write : dont rub handfulls of pins and razors in your eyes.

What the reactions would be ? : "LOL, Maybe you have sensitive eyes! Noob. I am am going to rub razors in my eyes right now!"

Same thing when two years ago (was it that long) european side of  WARHAMMER ONLINE , got 5 free days promotion (AUTOMATIC).

But what really happened that , after 5 days were up, everyone that ever had subscription was automatically resubscribed to the game , with no warning.

So people that figured it out. Went and made posts here, warning people to check their subscription status, and unsubscribe.

You should see the flames these good people recieved.

Ah , gotta love internetz. Where trying to help people will get you hated.

NUB! *rubs handfuls of pins and razors in his eyes* I 4M t3H l33Tz ;)

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

You are right.

Go figure.

Are you referring to the FE forums...because I honestly didn't see any rude posts in reply to yours on this thread . At least up until you stated how people negatively reacted to the original post. I just saw people stating that they did not experience the same issues and asking if maybe it was an oversight. Then a post states they fixed it in a couple of days..so..alls well. Since they just started the F2p build and there were bound to be some issues..i really don't see the problem.  Anyway...it's fixed now for all so that's cool.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I think whats funny is that Microsofts xbox 360 actually doenst have an unsubscribe option.  I had to call them to get mine to cancel and he told me they dont have it on the website.  That was right before he tried to sell me a new subscription after I said no 15 times.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I know it's forum custom to think the worst in situations like this. Is it possible the two issues (server problems, account problems) may have had the same route cause? IE: Account server crash, unavailable, overloaded, etc... Wouldn't that link take you to te account server?  You know to service your account..

Second if it was fixed within days, would it really effect people being charged, aside from the freak coincidence that someones due date fell on one of those days? In which case a charge back would be legit...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Seems like a legitimate problem to me, as the server issues they have been having are with the authentication servers going down and not allowing people into the game.

People already in the game can continue playing (until they take the servers down to fix it)

Seems reasonable that problems with the authentication servers and problems with the account servers would be linked as they will be using the same data.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

There is nothing devious about them. They are simple not able to handle the transition F2P. Lot of account related things go wrong. People get cancelled for no reason, people dont receive their reward points or like the OP said cant cancel. Nothing that an email to their support wont fix though. So, its not a scam, they just seem unqualified for this.

Not that it matters, the updates are still way too slow and half assed. Anyone who is interested to play a crafting specced toon, have fun trying to find the 'rare' mats where they put them now. Some of those 'rare' mats are used in about any recipe if you craft for example ranged weapons. The last changes they made are not that bad each on their own, but the combination of them is what makes it so plain stupid. There seems to be lack of a coherent vision apart from pushing everyone into PVP. If you know anything about the skillsystem, you understand how stupid that idea is.