Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any info on open pvp areas?

2»

Comments

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Saxx0n

Originally posted by etlar

oh yeah, opene world pvp supports 200 vs 100 dunno why its that and not 200 vs 200, read it on their forums today :)

My info might not all be correct, but most of it is :)

The reason it says 200 vs 100 is because SWTOR only has 2 factions. I predict 2 :1 maybe even 3:1 or 4:1 ratio considering the popularity of Empire/Dark side in open world pvp. 2 factions is auto fail for open pvp.

Either you will be miserable from being constantly rolled(Light side)  or bored because there is no one to kill(dark side).

But then it's not an issue as PvP is not the main focus of the game..... Storyline and enjoying the rich worlds they have create is what this game is all about.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by etlar

you probably didnt search the net, cause that particular information is out there, on their own page:

swtor.com  ::)

But who cares, i also ask questions before doing alot of research, this is what we know so far:

There will be pvp-servers with very few safe areas.

there is open world pvp with objectives where you fight over control of planets (awesome)

cant remember anymore lols.

oh yeah, opene world pvp supports 200 vs 100 dunno why its that and not 200 vs 200, read it on their forums today :)

My info might not all be correct, but most of it is :)

In reference to the highlighted comment.  That statement was originally in reference to what BioWare's plans were if a server became unbalanced in PvPers and how they would handle it.  They basically said that even if it does become unbalanced, they had added in certain features (rocket launchers, artillery, "machine guns", etc) that are unlocked based on the ratio of the factions so that even if one side is grossly outnumbered, they still can fight and have a decent change of winning.  I can't find the link right now, but it was in reference to Ilum if I remember I believe.

here you go gman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwCeRokmJM&feature=player_detailpage#t=2454s

Thanks gaou.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"