Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

McRib 2011: McDonald's To Return Cult Sandwich To All US Locations Through Nov. 14

popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

McRib 2011: McDonald's To Return Cult Sandwich To All US Locations Through Nov. 14

Oh yeah... it's coming back. I missed this sloppy, filthy, down and dirty whore of a sandwich.

Comments

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I am shocked by the length  of the article...

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Needs a softer bun so it doesn't fall apart.

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Love all this Hard news on these forums nowadays

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Scubie67
    Love all this Hard news on these forums nowadays

"Use this forum to discuss anything you want to talk about - even stuff not related to MMORPGs."

Hard news ------>>>>>> that way. :)

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I always found them dry, hard to eat, small, and a relative disgrace to ribs everywhere.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I'm not a fan of pork. It always feels like a bunch of little squeegees rubbing on my teeth.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by grunty

I'm not a fan of pork. It always feels like a bunch of little squeegees rubbing on my teeth.

Then you haven't had properly cooked pork yet. If the texture is rubbery, its either been oversmoked like they do for precooked packages, or an idiot was at the grill/stove. I've made porkloin tender enough to cut with a smooth edged butter knife before. The same is particularly true for ribs, pork ribs can easily be among the best or the worst things available to eat depending on the cook's skill.

Course, the idea that McD could ever cook anything properly is laughable.

A little more on topic, if the McRibs are so popular, why the hell have they gotten rid of them so many times, only to make such a big deal about them coming back?

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Aelfinn

A little more on topic, if the McRibs are so popular, why the hell have they gotten rid of them so many times, only to make such a big deal about them coming back?

Because at this specific time of year you'll find that all the pig farmers are up to their ears in tendons and testicles. It's only smart business to buy them all up cheap before they are fed right back to the pigs.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

the mcshits will also make a return on the same day for many people who dare to eat the mcrib!

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

And how much does this thing cost?

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

$2.79

Or you can always go to a restaurant and get the equivalent cheaper.  For instance:

Smokin Joe's BBQ

-Little Joe's Pulled Pork Sandwich $1.99  A slider sized sandwich similair in size to the McRib.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by Cleffy

$2.79

Or you can always go to a restaurant and get the equivalent cheaper.  For instance:

Smokin Joe's BBQ

-Little Joe's Pulled Pork Sandwich $1.99  A slider sized sandwich similair in size to the McRib.

so this is very symbolic of buying a macbook, I see.. thanks

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Cleffy

This assumes that everywhere there is someone wanting to eat a rib sandwich, they have an alternative restaurant nearby to buy one at, which is hardly the case. Or you're assuming that such a place even sells sandwiches. I know two rib joints in my town that don't sell sandwiches at all.

They only sell the racks, chicken and large orders. As a matter of fact I asked them why they don't and they said it's too much work making individual sandwiches so they package "leftovers" into containers and sell it that way.

I think fresh BBQ tastes better, but for many people they don't always have that alternative. A lot of people like to get in the drive-in, order something from a nearby place and go and that's what the McRib does for them that a BBQ restaurant can't.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by Aelfinn

Because at this specific time of year you'll find that all the pig farmers are up to their ears in tendons and testicles. It's only smart business to buy them all up cheap before they are fed right back to the pigs.

So... that explains why it has a rib shape without any actual bones.

Just say "NO" to cooked meat gelatin that is swimming in generic BBQ sauce to cover that meat gelatin "taste"!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Never had this thing. Mildy curious...

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas