Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg peoples dont you know about this game ?

2»

Comments

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

To be fair... SWG was always "level based".  I remember, after one of the revamps, the GUI finally started showing a "level" value for your character and one of the devs had said it was always there, just never shown.  I remember theorizing this because I remember noticing a mob's con level changing after I would purchase an additional rank in a profession tree.

While I do not play FE anymore, I did find it enjoyable.  Its as close to SWG as you can get currently.  However, depending on the type of player you are and depending on how forgiveable you are there wer a number of pitfalls....

• Clunky UI

• Unresponsive Controls

• Poor design decisions

For example, you used to be able to buy all the components you'd ever need for crafting from vendors - which made gathering obsolete to a degree.  It also hindered the economy as players bought ingredients they needed from vendors as opposed to other players.  And because these prices were "set", it was impossible for a true economy to take off.

The game is a hybrid of level and skill based systems.  As you level up, you gain AP which is used to boost both stats and skills.  However, initially, additional or "bonus" AP could be acquired through specific missions.  This forced players to play through these missions in order to acquire all potential AP in the game (as opposed to playing the game their way which is a staple of the sand-box MMO).  This is why FE is always labeled as a "themepark" as opposed to a sandbox. NOTE: This has finally been changed such that "bonus" AP is rewarded randomly by essentially playing the gameYou can now effectively play "your way".

Mutations were always poorly designed.  These are special skills that provide "supernatural" capabilities to players.  However, at least originally, players viewed them as overpowered skill lines that added "magic" to the setting.  I don't know the current state of these, but I do know these were revamped at least once.

Each skill is tied to two stats.  The higher these stats are, the higher you can take the associated skills.  All crafting skills were tied to the same two stats.  This also prevented the economy from taking off as each crafting skill could be maxed out on a single character.

Plus a number of other things...

However, despite all of this, the developers have been slowly and surely correcting a lot of these design flaws.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I played it about a year ago for around 4 months I liked it. I loved the depth of crafting and I am glad someone did something other than fantasy based.

I have read of the complaints in this forum and its similar to what I hear over at darkfall. They will complain about things not in the game that also dont exist in any other MMO on the market at the time.

Kind of reminds of when someone complained about Darkfall because when you were on a ship the waves didnt move the boat as if any other MMO out there even had combat ships to begin with!

Of course this game is a themepark pretending to be a sandbox but lets me completely frank, how many MMO out there right now wouldd one actually call a sandbox?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I played it about a year ago for around 4 months I liked it. I loved the depth of crafting and I am glad someone did something other than fantasy based.

I have read of the complaints in this forum and its similar to what I hear over at darkfall. They will complain about things not in the game that also dont exist in any other MMO on the market at the time.

Kind of reminds of when someone complained about Darkfall because when you were on a ship the waves didnt move the boat as if any other MMO out there even had combat ships to begin with!

Of course this game is a themepark pretending to be a sandbox but lets me completely frank, how many MMO out there right now wouldd one actually call a sandbox?

Well, outside of Pirates of the Burning sea and couple of F2P titles, no idea if they had valid wave physics however.

Fallen Earth had a lot of good ideas, and I really enjoyed it, lack of a player base drove me away but I appreciated the different feel of the game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Oh , well.

As they say : You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

Also: "Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest Facts."

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."