Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg peoples dont you know about this game ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

How come more people here are not posting about this game ?

Probably closest thing to old SWG. Sandbox. Hugamonguos open areas with 0 instancing. Sci-FI postapocaliptic setting like Fallout. Extensive crafting. Economy. FPS shooter gameplay. PVP contested zones

And its damn free with almost 0 drawback for being cheapskate

First time i play MMO where nobody is complaining or talking about WOW,SWTOR or whatever in general chat.

That has to say something.

It really seems the true old school MMO players left this site long time ago. And we are left with WOW(SWTOR) kiddies.

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Asfar im aware FE is just a themepark, it got levels, it got quest, it got level zones. it does not have housing, it does have pvp zones. 

the only thing going for it is that it is somewhat skillbased. (tho a minus for being level based rather then point based) and it got a semi-sandbox feeling to it.

launch of f2p was not to write home about , that put alot of players off and the f2p limmeds are fairly harsh(or were havent check for a while)

its a good game, but not as sandboxy and free as you try to tell us ;)

Edit : and umm dont call everyone on mmorpg.com kiddies when you are clearly waiting for GW2 (duh themepark)  and name ToR beta players lucky Ba...     (jealousy) .. not very nice to do, tho I suspect you mean no real harm whit it :)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Because it wasn't very popular to begin with, and since Gamersfirst has taken over it has gained an even worse rep. You do realize that the servers have been plagued with issues ever since GF took over? People have been posting all about the problems on the forums for the last week or more.

Probably closest thing to old SWG. Sandbox.

It isn't a sandbox, it's a hybrid sandbox-themepark, that is how the game has always been described by the developers since beta. Not as a sandbox, because despite some similarities it may have with sandbox games it isn't a sandbox at all.

Hugamonguos open areas with 0 instancing.

There are instanced areas.

Sci-FI postapocaliptic setting like Fallout. Extensive crafting. Economy. FPS shooter gameplay. PVP contested zones

The setting is post-apoc, but it does not have the feel of Fallout or other solid post-apoc games. The economy has been ruined for ages, the gameplay does not feel like an FPS either, whether you are a melee combatant or a ranged combatant. The last changes made to the combat system only hurt the game further.

True, it has one of the best F2P models I have ever seen.

First time i play MMO where nobody is complaining or talking about WOW,SWTOR or whatever in general chat.

Because they are busy complaining about Fallen Earth, it has enough problems of it's own.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

When i tried it it hat Point and Click combat or how it is named and was laggy as hell and did not appeal.
    Yet it is of the radar, SWTOR, TSW, Archeage be on the radar also Skyrim and Minecraft.
    You only get one chance to make a first impression and a day only has 24 hours.
    I dont care about FE...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Oh , well.

As they say : You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Oh , well.

As they say : You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

I played fallen earth and it didn't feel like swg at all. It felt like a really badly made fallout mmo.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

I thought it would be a decent game, but after playing a few days it got boring and i just quit when i relalized it required a ton of time doing boring crap that i dont want to do just to start doing thing that i (hardly) wanted to do. The ugly setting doesnt help either. Fallout 3 got away with it because of its decent gameplay and mods

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

The game suffered from a very poor state at lunch, both in technical performance issues, bugs/crashes, and just plain poorly through out game mechanics.

They've improved on a lot of these things over the last two years, but the game has already lost it's chance in the spotlight. The game going F2P/cashshop also keeps away a lot of players. F2P/cashshop doesn't mix well for a game that's trying to pass itself off as a sandbox, and sandbox fans see that.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I tried to get back into this game but since it has gone F2P the downtime has been crazy.  The server is down almost every night I try to get on.  When I do get in, the lag in certain cites is bad.  I gave up last night when I tried to get in and couldnt.  I understand they are having some issues but it has been down more nights than it has been up since it went F2P.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I enjoy my time back in the wasteland. Lag is about what I always remember but no game killer imo. I've played for hours on end with few interuptions and even subbed at the $10 level so I could finish crafting my vehicle stuff and ammo. (among other things). Restarted from scratch (though my main is only 17th level) because I wanted to re-learn some stuff and adjust to the changes the game has experienced.

I'll tell you one thing...far more people playing. I've even seen people in the boonies where i never used to encounter anything but wildlife...cities are more crowded and auction channel is active as hell. It's pretty sweet. I bought a hat in the cash shop but most of it is very negligible. The commander crafting kit is useful for opening up all the inventory slots the many,many other kits would normally occupy...lol. Nothing is a "must" to buy. Just perks. Sure you can buy a vehicle if you missed out on the free chopper ...but honestly..you get a horse right off the bat and within a few hours I created/trained another horse that was 100 times better. A few days later I had another ...even better cargo horse.(you can "craft" horses for endurance and cargo capacity or speed and combat as far as I know). My point is that vehicles are not hard to get.The mechanical transportation (cars/cycles/ATV) do take a bit of time to craft . Each building on the skills of the prior type but you feel....or at least I felt...like I accomplished something. As much as you can in a videogame at least.

• lightningjaclightningjac Member Posts: 92

yea its a good game, i just started my self.  First mmo in a long time where I feel like i can take my time to enjoy the journey and not feel like i am in a race to max level.  I would love it even more if they ever improve the graphics a bit more.

• RaeykRaeyk Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by lightningjac

yea its a good game, i just started my self.  First mmo in a long time where I feel like i can take my time to enjoy the journey and not feel like i am in a race to max level.  I would love it even more if they ever improve the graphics a bit more.

Really? I thought the graphics looked pretty good when turned up all the way. In my opinion, thought they at least looked on par with swtor.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Yeha...we know about it. And we know about the new owners, the F2P / Item shop, and the NGE that it was recently slapped with.

I know enough to not install it again.

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    I researched it when it was in development, loved the setting and idea, saw it had "FPS/Shooter" combat and moved on. That kind of combat in an MMO = Niche game.
  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Zaush

I researched it when it was in development, loved the setting and idea, saw it had "FPS/Shooter" combat and moved on. That kind of combat in an MMO = Niche game.

It actually worked really well before they ruined it.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I know about it.  Won't play it ever again either for 2 reasons.  The combat is utterly horrible and the zones tend to bore me.

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by Zaush

It actually worked really well before they ruined it.

I guess it's more about the style than how it's implemented.
  • almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

Mixed reviews here. Can't really decide whether to try it or not.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Recent developments turned Fallen Earth into one of those games that have 'potential'. But current issues (lag, stupid crafting changes, old design pitfalls, nooby F2P transition) prevent that itll grow to full potential. Well, not anytime soon anyway. They first managed to alienate the crafting players. Which was always a big part of FE's community. Now with the current lag, rubberbanding players, floating mobs, they are alienating the PvPers, which were also an important part of the community of FE.

Their update tempo is too slow to both deal with bugfixes and new content at the same time. Especially after the stupid idea of removing the PTS. So recent updates were mainly fixes for former updates and a little content for the time that was left.

This is what happens if a small development team suddenly changes direction with gamedesign after the game has already released. The fact that it might be partly a new team doesnt matter in this. They are just too ignorant to realise that they dont have that much time to fix all this and release new content for vets.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Probably closest thing to old SWG. Sandbox. Hugamonguos open areas with 0 instancing. Sci-FI postapocaliptic setting like Fallout. Extensive crafting. Economy. FPS shooter gameplay. PVP contested zones

It really seems the true old school MMO players left this site long time ago. And we are left with WOW(SWTOR) kiddies.

´Nice post Lobo. I dont understand it either. Its a game with everything that the genertic mmo games dosent provide. Probably because there is no elves :)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by mymmo

´Nice post Lobo. I dont understand it either. Its a game with everything that the genertic mmo games dosent provide. Probably because there is no elves :)

I can only say why I do not desire to play it.

Firstly it's the setting, the story... post world war III. Nuclear fallout. Bio and chem warfare. I was in the US Navy on Submarines in the 80's... on a FBM Sub.... and my Crew was involved in way too many "Battle Station Missle" events. A few of them were not Drills, the real thing, and thank God we never Launched. I have ZERO desire to play any MMO with that story or timeframe.

Secondly I am NOT a big fan of FPS game mechanics, I prefer DAoC and EQ style mechanics. FPS is usually a negative to me.

So maybe why you don't see anyone mentioning why they WON'T play a MMO like Fallen Earth is because Players like myself are just being courteous and not trolling FE's forums with negative comments... especially when it's all just a personal preference issue.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I've played it at launch, the tutorial showed potential but then it rapidly went downhill.

-The "FPS" combat, a term which i use loosely here, is horrible.

-The quests are completely bland and boring

-The world is -unnecessarily- large

-The crafting is horrendous

-at least at launch, the game was buggy as fuck. I think I killed a quest npc 20 times before I noticed that the game lagged out and I was literally shooting a buffer-ghost.

Fallen Earth is like someone took all the bad ideas from Fallout and made an MMO.

FOO, save us.

• camil82camil82 Member UncommonPosts: 50

i tried it, but honestlyim dissapointed with this game.

since they are taken other by new company, it looks like this game has now become pay to win game, if you pay more so you will be powerful. just for me i look more for another mmo even if i have to sub for it.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Originally posted by mymmo

I can only say why I do not desire to play it.

Firstly it's the setting, the story... post world war III. Nuclear fallout. Bio and chem warfare. I was in the US Navy on Submarines in the 80's... on a FBM Sub.... and my Crew was involved in way too many "Battle Station Missle" events. A few of them were not Drills, the real thing, and thank God we never Launched. I have ZERO desire to play any MMO with that story or timeframe.

Secondly I am NOT a big fan of FPS game mechanics, I prefer DAoC and EQ style mechanics. FPS is usually a negative to me.

So maybe why you don't see anyone mentioning why they WON'T play a MMO like Fallen Earth is because Players like myself are just being courteous and not trolling FE's forums with negative comments... especially when it's all just a personal preference issue.

Hi, 

my dad was also a submarine crew but in the 70s and in the EU so its fun to hear from someone with an alike experince. Ive heared alot about the tension that happened in the sub. 

The thing with Fallen earth is that you can play it as a fps and you can play it like your regular mmo, except that you need to point were your charecters action will occur. 

And ofc players from other games dont need to be in this part of the forum and talk about why they dont play the game.

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

I know about it, I played it for 2 years and even had a blog about it.

I have some great memories of FE, but I stepped back for a bit to see how this G1 transition pans out. I know I'm not alone in having done that. There are still plenty of players from my clan playing, so I can check in with them every now and then to see how things are going.

As from the start, FE has amazing potential - really amazing, but what'll matter most about G1's involvement is whether or not they can help it meet that potential and keep the devs from revamping combat for the nth time, and push for new features instead.

I honestly hope it does well, it deserves a wider audience.

• chan2x81chan2x81 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by camil82

i tried it, but honestlyim dissapointed with this game.

since they are taken other by new company, it looks like this game has now become pay to win game, if you pay more so you will be powerful. just for me i look more for another mmo even if i have to sub for it.

You must be playing a different Fallen Earth game. Since when did buying wardrobe and comestics make you powerful?