Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Purchasing Guild Wars

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Hey all, my wife and I are looking for a game to play to pass the time until Guild Wars 2 or another good MMO releases, and we're interested in giving Guild Wars 1 a shot.  We've never played before and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for the place to start (purchasing).

My understanding is that there is the base game, Guild Wars, then 3 mini-expansions, then 1 full expansion?  Browsing Steam/Amazon it looks like "Guild Wars Complete" (not available on Steam?) is the version that includes everything--is that correct?    But then I don't even see this for sale in the official NC Soft Store which is confusing.

In short, anyone have a link to a good place to buy the complete Guild Wars at a good price?  Thanks!

Comments

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Yep me my wife and my best friend were kinda in the same boat.  heres a place you can get the games much cheaper  http://www.offgamers.com/guild-wars/GW/guild-wars-cd-key-c-4149-1401-1430.ogm

Original and all 3 expansions for under $30  Hope this helps

Also like to add tha the first two expansions (Factions, and Nightfall) are standalone games meaning they are different areas but are like starting zones in that you creat a new character there or go back to them later but you don't have to have all 3 to get to the Eye of the North area which ws the last expansion. You do need them if you want to play some the classes that are exclusive for that expansion so it is probably easiest just to buy the one that has all 3 games in one. Then eye of the north for $10

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• kilryakilrya Member Posts: 39

I believe it is other way around there is 3 game and then expansion. You have original which is prophecy, faction, nightfall then eye of the north. You can get the game of the year edition from steam which is the 3 then eye of the north is seperate. I don't think there is any that have all four together. When you download the game of the year from steam it may show the picture of the original but it is the game of the year. This happen during the download after  you purchase the game, so dont panic if you dont see other two.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by kilrya

I believe it is other way around there is 3 game and then expansion. You have original which is prophecy, faction, nightfall then eye of the north. You can get the game of the year edition from steam which is the 3 then eye of the north is seperate. I don't think there is any that have all four together. When you download the game of the year from steam it may show the picture of the original but it is the game of the year. This happen during the download after  you purchase the game, so dont panic if you dont see other two.

And I wouldn't buy from steam because they still charge $29.99 for the trilogy and $19.99 for EOTN = $50 for all vs $30 on the site I listed for the same games. Steam is a good place to check though since they do offer a lot of daily deals but I wouldn't get used to clicking the purchase button from them since you can find games cheaper if ya looked.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.