Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what I find surprising in the MoP threads

blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

What stuns me about all the MoP threads i've skimmed thru is the lack of reaction to the removal of flying until level cap, where you will need to repurchase flying skills.

Personally I don't see how alot of Cata content will be doable without flying leveling up new toons (and it sure made BC and WoTLK more tolerable). 

Also, across my account I've probably spent over 130k easily on flying skills and I'm not liking that that gold was wasted come MoP.  No mention of reimbursement either.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I take it there will be a level cap raise with the expansion? If so then it's just a sneaky cash grab... remove it then say "Oh, you can have it back but you have to pay $50 for the expansion first".

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I am also suprised that few are reacting to the talent tree changes, that is more fundamental than a new race/continent. It seems these changes are not well thought out, and have a touch of NGE or CU about them, in that they are radical and not based on player feedback.

I understand people not liking the childish tone of Pandaria, but they should have seen this coming, given how so many wanted Chen's race/culture from the previous Warcraft games. All the expansions so far make sense given Warcraft 3's content, I guess a lot of WoWers didnt play it, pity as a lot of the story, lore, and characters in WoW continue from that game.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

level cap goes up another 5 levels.

loose all levels of flying, cold weather flying, etc that you spent gold on as they don't exist in game as of MoP

purchase an all new all in one flying skill at lvl 90

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if cash is anything like questing in WOW cata -- cash wont be an issue

I think its a good idea to remove flying until level cap, it helps immersion

BUT  (big BUT)  alts should be able to fly

if you've already seen the same stuff, theres little immersion

• birdofhermesbirdofhermes Member Posts: 7

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I believe they're only meaning to say that flying will be unavailable until max level in Pandaria.