Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking a break form the MMORPG world?

Well i am.
I am kinda sick and fed up with paying monthly fees and what not.
Imma wait till guild wars comes out to come back to the MMORPG world.
The good thing is that i love FPS and RTS games
I own CALL OF DUTY
and bought HL2 yesturday
for only 29.95 at gameglitch.com
so any one interested in taking a break from all the grind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
Pent 4 2.66
1 GIG ram
Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

Comments

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

forgot to post poll

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    120 gigs of HD

• SithosSithos Member UncommonPosts: 315

In posting here it seems you are looking for support for your cause. I don't think that this will be the catalyst that makes millions of MMO players worldwide stop playing.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

In posting here it seems you are looking for support for your cause.

I really don't know or care, but I've been on a break for a while; looking forward to coming back with either DnL or WoW.

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• DarkbackwardDarkbackward Member Posts: 115

Yea, I hate mmos too. The only one I really play is world of warcraft. Being that it is the best mmo out there.

But yea, call of duty rocks, and half life 2 is ok (multiplayer sucks nads).

Type Seed Game into your search engine. Go to the game's website and learn about it. It may be the best game you've continued to ignore.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I still have fun playing WoW (haven't been on in a week, but that just means bonus exp for me!) but really I'm just waiting for Dark and Light to come out or at least go into open beta.

I usually always stay subscribed to one mmorpg constantly because without an MMO sometimes i kind of miss it even if I have other fps games and stuff. So to make this post relevant nah, i probably won't be taking a break from the mmorpg world.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

Been on a break from them a bit now, figured may as well wait till the one I want comes out in February :)

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Ya, I havent been really into a MMO in about four years or so... ive enjoyed a couple but nothing has really drawn me in like UO did. Im really hoping DnL will do that again... im keeping my eye on a few and if they dont do it for me well, I guess ill just keep waiting ::::21::

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

Nope, but I'm seeing it in the near future. Soon.

well if u are i recomend CALL OF DUTY and Countert strike source i can get u HL2/CSS for 29.95 IM me and ill tell u how

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    120 gigs of HD

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

I concur with the sentiment, although it's not the fees it's justifying spending my time for that deja vu feeling i.e. here we go again. I've been playing single player games i.e. GTAIII, GTA: VC (waiting for GTA: SA on the Pc) and Morrowind.

Not being much of a gamer, I've developed a whole host of new hobbies - such as finally getting off my ass and doing a few martial arts. I need to get back into that because I've been stupidly busy with work.

I'm currently reading a book a week at the moment, after re-discovering the joys of reading. I would highly recommend it. Also, am re-discovering the world of dating. A little bit slow at the moment, but I'm hoping that it picks up.

What I will say, if you're not enjoying the MMOG experience, then wake up and smell the coffee. Do something else that you ENJOY and provides you with a pleasurable experience. Try a new sporting activity or a new hobby, or do something completely off the wall. Learn a language; a musical instrument; heck! spend more time doing school work :P

If you want to play the current crop of MMOG's and are having fun - more power to you! If you're not having fun, then stop such foolish behaviour and wait and a MMOG forces you to play again. I feel in love with the concept of MMOG's due to EQ, but afterwards, I quickly fell out of love and became disillusioned because I couldn't find one worthy of my affection. Hopefully, Dark and Light will resolve this issue.

Whatever you do, have fun, ok?

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

well yeah i dont just ply games all day I also go out with mu GF ( we been toghet er for 1.5 moths now :))
    and school haha and i have a real good social life
    but in my spare time this is what i do

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    120 gigs of HD

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Unreal Tournament 2004 forever!   I never liked War games. They are too realistic.  :)

I like f***ed up levels, I like not having to worry about reloading and only shooting 6-24 rounds before I need to reload, I love launching rockets that fly straight and very long distances, I love moving all the time, jumping all the time, high jumping all the time, ocassionally flying, where there's more moving and less camping.  UT2004 gives all of this to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Call of Duty sucks, I hate all war games all together.  Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942, that war mod for UT2004, etc.

Need an adrenaline rush?  Get Unreal Tournament 2004!!!

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047
    yea i stopped playing mmorpgs from like a year and a half mostly becouse i play xbox live now. But yea call of duty rocks and if you like that game then you will definetley like conflict desert storm gay in the beggining but gets better.