Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

next WoW expansion... Mists of Pandaria...

Comments

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Originally posted by Bladestrom

lol I played from day 1 until last year, Pandas were never part of the lore..well at least when the game took itself seriously and respected its own lore.  Pandas lol, next it will be hello kitty characters :)

It was in WC3

but making it into a playable race is another thing, i personally dislike this decision.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

its not the lore most people are having issues with. its the fact that wow has been going down hill for years and its catering to the kiddies. now pandas? nuff said

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Sounds pretty goofy.  I guess they're willing to throw any kind of silly crap out there if they think it will make some money.  For the first time, I'm beginning to understand the complaints of vets, pining for the vanilla days. 

Pandas.

Welcome to the World of Disneycraft.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Aori

Most of the WoW haters and even players never touched WC3 so they have no idea that the pandaren were in the game long before WoW.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

The pandaren started as a creation of the Blizzard artist Samwise Didier and an April Fool's joke, but they got a massive response from Warcraft fans. In the first BlizzCast episode launched on Jan. 10, 2008, Samwise recalled the process to the creation of the Pandaren April Fool's page: "But so we put that up in there and everyone was like “Oh my God! A PANDA RACE? That’s kind of cool!” And I’m like “Are you kidding me, really? You want to see pandas in Warcraft III or whatever?”" Soon, they were included in the Warcraft III expansion and Chris Metzen began to write them into the game lore. Due to this popularity, pandaren were rumored to be the new playable Alliance race to be introduced in the Burning Crusade expansion.

Pandas have become a part of Lore. Show me where in WC3 there was Pandas

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Puremallace

Most of the WoW haters and even players never touched WC3 so they have no idea that the pandaren were in the game long before WoW.

The pandaren started as a creation of the Blizzard artist Samwise Didier and an April Fool's joke, but they got a massive response from Warcraft fans. In the first BlizzCast episode launched on Jan. 10, 2008, Samwise recalled the process to the creation of the Pandaren April Fool's page: "But so we put that up in there and everyone was like “Oh my God! A PANDA RACE? That’s kind of cool!” And I’m like “Are you kidding me, really? You want to see pandas in Warcraft III or whatever?”" Soon, they were included in the Warcraft III expansion and Chris Metzen began to write them into the game lore. Due to this popularity, pandaren were rumored to be the new playable Alliance race to be introduced in the Burning Crusade expansion.

They were in WC3. You could play as a monk. There is also the keg quests in the barrens that referebnce the brewmasters.

In Bioware we trust!

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by ghettobooste

All you guys bitchin about pandas, Pandaria and pandas have been part of the Warcraft lore for a long time. It's not some recent gimmick to try to appeal to Asian audiences.

Eh noobs. They come in many flavors.

I'm happy to finally see it. Goblins and Pandaren should've been neutral races in WoW from launch honestly to give the game a nice 3 way balance.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• BribarianIBribarianI Member Posts: 120

R.I.P. WoW

10/21/2011

• BribarianIBribarianI Member Posts: 120

lol the trailer looked like one for the next kung fu panda movie.   What a joke.

At least we can see who all the fanbois are now coming out to try and make this look good.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Nazgol

They were in WC3. You could play as a monk. There is also the keg quests in the barrens that referebnce the brewmasters.

Yeah they were neutral heroes that you could buy if I remember correctly.  The Pandaren hero had a Bo staff and one of those conical asian hats.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

The brewmaster was one of the most popular heros in WC3, he didn't have a part in the main story but was a merc you could hire. Btw if memory serves.. he was infact a panda that drank and beat shit up with a stick and keg.

Yeah...I don't know why everyone is freaking about this.

People that played WC3 knew that Pandaren have been part of Warcraft lore for a long time now.  I actually expected Blizz to add Pandaren to WoW earlier.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by Creslin321

The brewmaster was one of the most popular heros in WC3, he didn't have a part in the main story but was a merc you could hire. Btw if memory serves.. he was infact a panda that drank and beat shit up with a stick and keg.

People that played WC3 knew that Pandaren have been part of Warcraft lore for a long time now.  I actually expected Blizz to add Pandaren to WoW earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe2b8n22cfw&feature=related

There, for anyone with questions in regard to Pandaren and WC3.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Pardarin DeathKnight... That's going to be great!

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

So many haters are just here to bitch about the game they don't have any idea about, so fun to read lol.

I just can't wait to see more info about the expension. It look really sweet and promising. More than Cata.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

i'll be there to try it.  i just hope i don't get that same ol same ol feeling :(

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by Creslin321

Metzen admitted that the Pandaren were originally slated to be the alliance race in BC, but they changed midway through and added the Draenai.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Pardarin DeathKnight... That's going to be great!

No Pandarin's DeathKnights sorry :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

nice, now let's own some pandas with my pally

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Now now, at least all this pandaren stuff made lol, i saw the trailer and jebus christ it made lol. No way i'm gonna play a game with those ridiculous things but it did make me laugh.

The mere fact they decided to actually implement such a silly race ,with even sillier racial abilities, which started out as an april fools joke makes me think they must really be desperate or something.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

nice, now let's own some pandas with my pally

And because there will both alliance and horde pandas, you'll get to pwn some regardless of your chosen faction image

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

POKEMONS CONFIRMED FOR WARCRAFT LULZ

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Everket

Haha Pandas siding with the undead, probably the stupidiest thing I have EVER heard of in wow. I know its for gameplay reasons both sides get the race, but its still retarded. Interesting though because its so ridicioulous.

But I'm still sitting here waiting for someone to say april fools!

Ooooooooh undead pandas!! Cute, cuddly, and ghoulish!! Im in!!!

• IfcwhuffesIfcwhuffes Member UncommonPosts: 35

Sounds great. Cant wait for this xpac to land.

Currently Playing: LoL,EVE, Rift

Future Games: WH40K:DM, Tera Planetside2

Past Games Ive tried:
    WoW, FE, AoC, WAR, LotRO, Tabula Rasa,GW, and Many F2P games.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

So running around as an elf or gnome is cool, but playing a panda race isn't.

Got it.

Personally, I think it might breathe some much-needed  life into the game.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

They will add much non-raid content, like a pet battle system and DOTA-like bg. All this sounds good to me. I cant understand why pandarens bother ppl so much. WoW always had cartoonish and childish look, thats what I loved about it. (Look at gnomes for example. ) There are more then planty games out there with cool demons, beasts and Gungans for more "mature" ppl.