Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO Patch Incoming / Some News on TC

2»

Comments

• PicklebeastPicklebeast Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by Peckus

Originally posted by deathshroud

patch is live.

Seems like theres abit of ocnfusion with the patch so some info i have gathered.

1. The testing team did test this patch before it went live so hopefully it works :)

Seems to be just your average SV patch, fix a few things while breaking others. So much for the NEW Testing Teamimage

I honestly do not know if the testing team should take any blame- With the NDA in effect (has anyone seen it- I bet its really thourough) the testers possibly found a ton of bugs and SV released anyway- Gagging the testers with the NDA.

Granted, this is all speculation- SV may have a test team comprised of fanboys and yes men. The problem is, with something as...unique...of a descision as SV's "sign and NDA to test a game which has been out publicly for nearly 2 years- And dont forget to provide I.D., social security number, passport and fingerprints... Perhaps SV reserves the right to rape their pets or something for saying anything against SV for 10+ years. Wouldnt surprise me a bit.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Originally posted by Picklebeast

patch is live.

Seems like theres abit of ocnfusion with the patch so some info i have gathered.

1. The testing team did test this patch before it went live so hopefully it works :)

Seems to be just your average SV patch, fix a few things while breaking others. So much for the NEW Testing Teamimage

I honestly do not know if the testing team should take any blame- With the NDA in effect (has anyone seen it- I bet its really thourough) the testers possibly found a ton of bugs and SV released anyway- Gagging the testers with the NDA.

Granted, this is all speculation- SV may have a test team comprised of fanboys and yes men. The problem is, with something as...unique...of a descision as SV's "sign and NDA to test a game which has been out publicly for nearly 2 years- And dont forget to provide I.D., social security number, passport and fingerprints... Perhaps SV reserves the right to rape their pets or something for saying anything against SV for 10+ years. Wouldnt surprise me a bit.

There are 17 testers... spread out over different time zones and days of play.  I think that for a company to suggest that such a setup could possibly result in acceptable testing for a MASSIVELY multiplayer game is disingenuous... at best.  I mean... seriously... even if the whole "team" is on... are they going to test an 8 on 9 siege?  Again... set the bar low enough and anyone can step over it.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MONEWSMONEWS Member Posts: 66

Unread Today, 00:03

everything is so fucked... incredible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Nystrom View Post

Please bare with us, this patch was to solve the issues we have had with houses and security, which was not per design due to bugs. Now that we got the security and control of the house systems we can easily change separate options on lock doors individual and the same with chests. But since it was totally rewritten to give the payers full control over what’s supposed to per design, we had to do it like this also since TC taken most of our time. Now without exploitable situations on the house security, we can get back to the individual options in houses after our TC patch which is our current focus.

Thanks

I understand that the security issues were much needed fixes, but man there is so many other things jacked up now..I hope this isnt gonna be this way till after TC, which in reality is suspect that will be a month till its implemented and is working properly. Hope I'm just being paranoid.

Sounds like a standard MO patch..

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

So MONEWS please give me an update, whats broken? since  been at work.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

So MONEWS please give me an update, whats broken? since  been at work.

Glad to help you.

Mailing system not working.

Guild storage is bugged.   (well has always been bugged but the work around was to kill it and it would respawn ok, but now you can not do that)

The encumbrance on horses is unrealistic and it is throwing people off that are not over encumbered but close to the mark.

So far that is what I got I will keep you updated.

The housing and wall system was intended but I and most of the people playing think it was a bad move.

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by Picklebeast

patch is live.

I'm not blaming the testers, we all know who/what the problem is.  Certain posters here were going on how this patch would be different since getting the "New" testers. Still fail to see how getting another/different group would change anything. They've had teester for at least a year and we all now how the patchs have been going.

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

Focus Group

Send a message via MSN to ThaBadMan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talwin View Post

It's getting there. You have already seen some new weapons in the pictures on the TC page. A lot of those things though, like rams, and those towers to get over walls, would require the moving siege weapon / wagon system first though. The weapons we have now do not >require< that system to work. Another problem getting MO sieges to be like that is that MO's graphics are a lot harder on resources than the game in that video, with far more details and objects loading.

Whos fault was that though ?

Instead of smoothing out the server and game in general and making the game better, SV focused on graphix and that stuff.

Lets just say Epic and Dawn patches, they took away ALOT development time and just made the server worse and graphix better, before these pathes i could PvP with over 50 players on screen with moderate graphix and fraps the whole thing without any big problems.

Then after these if i try to fraps in big fights i cant do anything basically, fraps in 20 man fights is bad enough but larger fights is just impossible.

I frapsed in a 75 man battle at release and it was smooth, but then later its horrible.

U cant blame this on graphix or the game at all, but blame it on the priotisize or SV. game smoothness and improving gamplay should have been perfect before EPIC and DAWN came out. Had it been me EPIC and DAWN wouldnt have been out for another 1-2 years. Cause they did little and broke much.

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin, then there was one.

A player talking about why we don't have good TC now.  It is because of the priority list of SV not being good.

Working as intended?

Send a message via AIM to Achi||es Send a message via MSN to Achi||es Send a message via Yahoo to Achi||es

Today I was running through a node line and then got stuck inside of a house that failed to appear to me before I was in the center of it. I got stuck in the floor for a few seconds to where the system teleported me a few feet above the floor so that I wouldn't be "stuck" anymore. After it did that I was able to run around the room I was in, in the house, but then when I tried to open the door to the room so I could get out, it was locked because of this new system.

I tried logging out and back in, as I thought logging out in a house that you are not part of the friends list, will teleport you out. This did not work, because when I logged back in I was still locked in the room. I finally just paged a GM who had to teleport me out of the house.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by MONEWS

Working as intended?

Houses and keeps on nodelines have always had the entry problem, which is an issue of how fast a new node loads and one of the 'game breaking issues'.  Houses and keeps obviously need to perform the security check on a player AFTER the house is fully loaded in.  This is definitely not working as intended, the security model is broken.  However, if you got in a house the same way as Achilles and click on a chest, you will be teleported out as the security check is performed again.  Unfortunately this doesn't prevent you from camping inside a house waiting for someone to open the door with a key.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Originally posted by psykobilly

Working as intended?

Houses and keeps on nodelines have always had the entry problem, which is an issue of how fast a new node loads and one of the 'game breaking issues'..

This is why I always chuckle when folks refer to the game as a "seamless world".  Nodelines, by definition.. are seams in the world...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Working as intended?

Houses and keeps on nodelines have always had the entry problem, which is an issue of how fast a new node loads and one of the 'game breaking issues'.  Houses and keeps obviously need to perform the security check on a player AFTER the house is fully loaded in.  This is definitely not working as intended, the security model is broken.  However, if you got in a house the same way as Achilles and click on a chest, you will be teleported out as the security check is performed again.  Unfortunately this doesn't prevent you from camping inside a house waiting for someone to open the door with a key.

Maybe you can help me understanding this Billy I know very little about game physics.  I have played many "seamless" games with node lines.  I would have to say MO is the worst at implementing this.  In MO my experience with most of the node lines is freezing for 20 secs or longer, all off a sudden seeing people load on top of me, getting hit by invisible people after crossing a node, crashing crossing a node, finding myself inside an object, and finally freezing then loading dead looking at a mob or a person looting my corpse. 

My question is, what is MO doing wrong that the nodes are not really seamless?

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Maybe you can help me understanding this Billy I know very little about game physics.  I have played many "seamless" games with node lines.  I would have to say MO is the worst at implementing this.  In MO my experience with most of the node lines is freezing for 20 secs or longer, all off a sudden seeing people load on top of me, getting hit by invisible people after crossing a node, crashing crossing a node, finding myself inside an object, and finally freezing then loading dead looking at a mob or a person looting my corpse. 

ATLAS is not supposed to be used for seamless worlds.  You are supposed to be seeing a loading screen every time you cross a node boundry.  The network code is too slow.  The server to client communication is too slow.  The load in ranges are too short.

All those are things that could be fixed in theory, but it will have to be EPIC China that optimizes the code, not Starvault.

At the very least, SV could place houses and keeps only well away from node lines.

ATLAS is not supposed to be used for seamless worlds.  You are supposed to be seeing a loading screen every time you cross a node boundry.  The network code is too slow.  The server to client communication is too slow.  The load in ranges are too short.

All those are things that could be fixed in theory, but it will have to be EPIC China that optimizes the code, not Starvault.

At the very least, SV could place houses and keeps only well away from node lines.

They are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole??  If atlas is not supposed to work like that how will they fix it or are they going to pay EPIC to fix it?