Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Lost Secret Answer

First of all, please don't kidnap and torture my family and friends if this is in the wrong place...  I just really need some help.

After about six months, I'm attempting to log back into my (DCUO) SOE account. I don't remember my password, so I tried to do the recover password thing, and my secret answer is wrong. I know I'm giving it the right answer, but it says its invalid. I searched in the faq knowledge base thing to see if what I could do about it, and nothing. I tried doing the live chat thing, but you have to be logged in for that...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

Make another free account and use live chat.  They'll be able to help you as long as you can validate your billing info.  I had to do the same thing not too long ago.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if the above session doesnt work, scour the site for their phone hotline.. i used it a few months ago to recover my old EQ1 infos.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Turn off CAPS LOCK.

lol

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by precious328

Turn off CAPS LOCK.

lol

Umm...  What?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Hardanger

Originally posted by precious328

Turn off CAPS LOCK.

lol

Umm...  What?

That's a smartass way of saying the secret question may be case sensitive. Without the 'lol' it's just an irritated customer service response to an often asked question.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

Wow I totally didn't get it.  Thanks for actually explaining that to me instead of biting my head off.

Anyways, I got the issue resolved thanks to SagetheRage's suggestion.

Thanks!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'd guess it wasn't "lost" but invalidated because of the security breach a while back.  It's a way to close a potential account hack when the secret got leaked.

BTW: *grin* at caps lock.  I've helped out in support ... that and "reboot and try it again" were very common.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.