Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my character gone?

jim2point0jim2point0 Member Posts: 4

I used to have a level 40 on Ariel. Well as you all know, that server is gone. It's been THAT long since I've played.

My question is... do I pretty much have to start over if I wanna jump back into the game? That would suck... because if I were to start a new character, I'd at least like to have some of the moneyitems I had before I quit... :(

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

As far as I know, there's an option upon logon to retrieve your old character and assign it to a new server.

• jim2point0jim2point0 Member Posts: 4

That would have been awesome. I'm asking though, because I found all this out by logging into the game and... not seeing my old server. It didn't ask me if i wanted to retrieve my old character. Seems it's just... gone =

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

Your character has been transferred to another server, basically they merged servers together a long time ago and your server must have been one of the ones culled. If you look at the server list you will find your character on one of those. I'm sure some kind soul will post a list of the resultant merged servers if you can't be bothered to use the manual approach.

• jim2point0jim2point0 Member Posts: 4

Under "characters" there used to be a number for how many characters you had there. There are no numbers under any of them right now. I'm asked to create a new character for each server.

I put in a ticket... hopefully they didn't lose my character.

• NeoEnigmaNeoEnigma Member Posts: 14

I'm actually having a similar issue. Been gone a long time in Aion. I didn't want to create a new character and just assumed my old one was gone. I never even got an email saying this might happen. I suppose that makes sense as my account was inactive but still... seems... odd.

I havent tried to come back. I remember the game being too grindy to want to start all over.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

When the server merge happened I was unsubbed to the game but when I came back a few months after, all my characters were transfered fine.  Seems weird that yours were not.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by marinrider

When the server merge happened I was unsubbed to the game but when I came back a few months after, all my characters were transfered fine.  Seems weird that yours were not.

Same for me. I had a couple of 'lowbee' characters from release and thought to give Aion a new try with 2.5. My chars were still there (and Aion is still not my game, but that's an other thing).

I hope you can get your char back Jim.

• joanne71joanne71 Member Posts: 63

Yeah all the characters should be on the new servers.

• MayabieMayabie Member Posts: 1

I'm having this exact problem, and last time I logged in was about 2-3 weeks ago! I had three characters there and now there are none! First I wasn't able to open the whole game. It was just yelling "error 58". I wen't to few forums and found an answer that fixed it, (Right Click NCSoft Launcher -> Select Properties -> Select the Compatibility tab -> Click the box next to "Run this program as an Administrator" -> Select Apply and then Ok)

Yes, the server where my characters were, is gone, but I can't find them from the other servers ether. Haven't found any answers yet, only questons :/