Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You need a Masters in Account Creation

albob35albob35 Member UncommonPosts: 19

Here is my letter to Square Enix:

First off I am blown away by the sheer complexity of the account creation process. It appears as if you don't want to add new subscribers by making it so unbelievably impossible to register. That being said I, after THREE HOURS of trying to figure out this algorithm, finally made it to the payment process only to have that not accept my card info as correct and let me continue to the next stage in the registration labyrinth. After repeated attempts to make sure my card info was input correctly, which it was, I looked at Visa Verisign and it had FIVE hits for $2.40. Yet apparently you still did not see that my card info was correct, so i tried getting "Crysta" and I have no idea if that worked or not. All I know now is that I am watching my PlayOnline/SquareEnix/FinalFantasyXI/Launcher countdown from 8:40:48 to update the game client that I just downloaded from Steam. Figure out what you did to my credit card and fix it. How you handle the next 24 hours will determine whether I continue to subscribe to your service or contact your corporate office to demand my money back.

Comments

• HomergdogHomergdog Member UncommonPosts: 95

Its almost comical that after 9 years of the horrible subscription process that has run off countless potential gamers, its still this bad. I figured once they launched the Square Enix Account system it would be better, which it is a little better than playonline, but it still sucks and by far the worst in the industry. Good luck gamer, I do love FFXI, but man getting started was one hell of a headache.