Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about this pre-order

xyserxyser Member Posts: 18

Okay, so i've looked at stores and a preorder package is about $49.99 US dollers. If I were to buy such a item would I only be abile to play Guildwars for beta weeks? I understand that a preorder package does not include the game? Would you guys, or girls, think it is wise to buy the pre-orderd package and then the offical Guildwars game? this would be a total of $89.99 at www.EBgames.com and comes with other iteams such as: a art book, headset, and more. Do any of you know where to buy a Guildwars game by it self? if any of you people could andswer some of these question it would be greatly appreciated. ::::02::

'Till we meet again

-Xyser

Comments

• shyaznxboyshyaznxboy Member Posts: 13

The pre-order bonus package is free. You receive it while puttting a down payment or full payment for the ofiicial game which you'll receive once it's released.

I have put mine down two weeks ago but have not received my package yet. My retail gamestore (Gamestop) says they don't know when they'll have more in stock. =(

• xyserxyser Member Posts: 18

okay, so if I buy a preorder package that will get me beta teasting and buy the game? Normaly when you buy a preorder that will just save a game at the store for you. Does this mean you're buying the game and beta testing? I thought that the preorder package only had the beta tesing in it, or does it come with the game too? i'm kind of confused ::::37::

thanks, xyser

When you pre-order Guild Wars for $49.99 (U.S.), you're basically paying for the game before it comes out. You will receive the bonus package for free. The store will either have the bonus package in stock or they will mail it to you. The package comes with an access key which you can continuously use for Beta Events until the game comes out. Since you have paid for the game already, once it comes out, it's yours. The store will reserve a copy for you. I hope I cleared it up for you. =)

Thanks a lot! that really cleared things up :) How do i find out what video card i have? Since I don't want to buy a game i can't play :(

i have:

intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHZ
    1.175 GHz,256 MB of RAM
    i'm sure my spects are not that good...
    ____

I'm not sure where to find what video card i have though. I havewindows XP. can someone try and explaine to me how I would find my video card. that would be great.

-xyser::::28::

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information

On the left under System Summary, double-click Components and highlight Display. Your video card name should be next to 'Adapter Type:'.

This is my video card...

GeForce2 MX/MX 400, NVIDIA

Does that mean i can't play the game ::::21::. I think it does.. but do you think i could play with my video card?

• semanticsemantic Member Posts: 122

I think there are people playing on that card, but I'm not totally certain. You would definitely be very happy with a newer one and some more RAM. Your processor is fine.

The minimum requirements says atleast a GeForce 3 or 4 of the MX series. A video card helps endure the game environments and spellcasting graphics. Cut-scenes as well.

256 MB Ram is fine but more wouldn't hurt. It would definitely smoothen out the gameplay, loading and cover anything else that the video/3d card leaves out.

Edit: xyser, I just took a look at EBGame's Guild Wars Deluxe Edition for $89.99. I assume this was what you mentioned earlier - with the headset, art book, etc. In my opinion, it's not worth it. The simple "Guild Wars with Bonus for $49.99" is good enough. Of course, you don't have to go by what I say.

Thanks, shyaznxboy ,  for the info about buying the $89.99 deal. Do you think it is possable to run Guildwars with my GeForce2? GeForce3 rages $75-120 at www.newegg.com. Do you think that is a good price? or should i just get a GeForce5 or something? 

Thanks

-Xyser

• DeanesDeanes Member Posts: 41
    Well if u gonna buy a new one   I think u should buy the latest
    (if u got enough money that is)
  • semanticsemantic Member Posts: 122

If you're really pinched for $$, just go with the GeForce FX 5200 for about $50. Should be a big improvement over your GeForce2. Check your motherboard's AGP version to make sure it is 2.0 or later.

• greenopelagreenopela Member Posts: 62

get a 6600 chipset minimum (cheap range of the latest specs),, other games like doom3 etc need it..

as long as ur motherboard can take it.. image cheers