Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing Video Settings Prior to Logging In

NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I last played during open beta and now have a trial key to check out the game again.

My problem is I get the 'black screen' after the Cryptic loading page. I'm pretty sure all I need to do is lower my gfx settings and I'll make it to the character selection screen, but ...... Without being in game I don't see a way to get at the video settings.

Does anyone know of a way to change the settings from the log in page? The options tab just doesn't do it.

Thanks

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I don't know specifically about STO but most games store your hardware settings in some for of configuration file in the games various directories. It will probably have a file extension of either .cfg or .ini. Any configuration file should also be readable/editable in the Notepad application. I wouldn't use Wordpad or a more powerful word processor.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams