Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still no date set for F2P?

Was looking forward to trying this.....any update?

Comments

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

Was supposedly going to be today, but no...  That makes me a very sad panda indeed.

• skulljoeskulljoe Member Posts: 89

Appears we should expect it coming out after their weekly maintenance (tomorrow or next weeks')

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

If I have a box game, and had an active sub, could I get on now? Or is the game totally shut down for the time being until this whole free 2 play thing goes up?

• Sumo79Sumo79 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Definitely looking forward to jumping in game as soon as F2P hits.  Was supposed to be today, not sure why no announced date on their website.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

I definitely can't wait til f2p.

I would probably re-sub if they would add more content and powers.

I know it's an MMO. They evolve over time and add content over time.

But, it just felt like so much was missing that was basic to the DC Universe.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Hardanger

Was supposedly going to be today, but no...  That makes me a very sad panda indeed.

No, it wasn't supposed to be the 19th. After the G4TV guy said it, the head guy for DCUO at SOE said on the forums and on Facebook "We haven't released the date yet, but it is NOT on the 19th"

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by XiThRyL

If I have a box game, and had an active sub, could I get on now? Or is the game totally shut down for the time being until this whole free 2 play thing goes up?

The game is up and running, if you create an acount now you'll start your free 30days, they still havent announced a date yet though, Im asuming they are still sorting some things out, if I have to venture a gues they are working on a way to give DLC for free to Legendary subscriptions without giving them out for free to everyone else.

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by Digirono

Originally posted by Hardanger

No, it wasn't supposed to be the 19th. After the G4TV guy said it, the head guy for DCUO at SOE said on the forums and on Facebook "We haven' released the date yet, but it is NOT on the 19th"

All I meant was that there was a rumor, I didn't necessarily research it that much. 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Originally posted by Paithan

The game is up and running, if you create an acount now you'll start your free 30days, they still havent announced a date yet though, Im asuming they are still sorting some things out, if I have to venture a gues they are working on a way to give DLC for free to Legendary subscriptions without giving them out for free to everyone else.

the green latern dlc was announced as free to everyone (when f2p releases) ....no?

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Skuall

the green latern dlc was announced as free to everyone (when f2p releases) ....no?

Thats a good question, when the green lantern DLC was added it was suposed to be free to the people who where subscribed at the time it became availeble, people who sub'd after its release where suposed to buy it.

But reading the subscription plans, people paying a monthly subscription fee will get the DLC's for free and the F2p players will have to buy it.

I know this may not be to clear.. but its the best answer I can offer at this time.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

I guess SOE still can't give specifics, tell time, or do both in a timely manner.

I fell for the Oct.19th rumor (and why not? large gaming sites like G4 let that loose) and have been checking in once a day since.. They still have not released any info and have been going about business as usual. I have a feeling by the time it does go F2P I will have forgotten all about it again lol.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Skuall

From the DCUO F2P page:

Free: New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.

And from the faq:

2. What is the Free Access Level and how much does it cost?

With the Free Access level you can enjoy all of the level 1 – 30 missions, Alerts, Duos, Arenas, and the Batcave and Fortress of Solitude Raids. There are limitations in terms of character slots, inventory, and other features. Be sure to see the complete access comparison matrix for full details. Best of all, this access level is completely free, just download the software and play!

Originally, it sounded like FftL would be included in the F2P conversion, but these state otherwise. And, yes, it was included for free to all who were subbed at the time of release and for those who subbed in an unknown timeframe afterwards.

edit: FftL is still listed in the in-game cash-shop, so I'd say it's pretty safe to say it won't be free for F2P players.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by just2duh

I guess SOE still can't give specifics, tell time, or do both in a timely manner.

I fell for the Oct.19th rumor (and why not? large gaming sites like G4 let that loose) and have been checking in once a day since.. They still have not released any info and have been going about business as usual. I have a feeling by the time it does go F2P I will have forgotten all about it again lol.

They are having a big F2P podcast this Thursday. More info should be available then.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

They are having a big F2P podcast this Thursday. More info should be available then.

Awesome. Looking forward to THAT. Thanks for the update.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I am really looking forward to giving this game a second shot now that it will be F2P. I was only able to get to level 8 last time before I got bored with the game, but truthfully I didn't bother to give the game a fair shot like I should have. At least this time I will have the chance to play as long as I want as a premium member and see how I enjoy the game. 

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

Originally posted by Calintz333

I am really looking forward to giving this game a second shot now that it will be F2P. I was only able to get to level 8 last time before I got bored with the game, but truthfully I didn't bother to give the game a fair shot like I should have. At least this time I will have the chance to play as long as I want as a premium member and see how I enjoy the game. 

You got bored after level 8?? I played the beta for a month and got bored but I had 4 level 30s by than haha your attention span must suck

Mystery Bounty

• AliGeniusAliGenius Member UncommonPosts: 32

Official Live Podcast: http://www.stickam.com/dcuniverseonline

http://www.stickam.com/sonyonline

Unoffical Podcasts: http://dcuo-unlimited.com/category/podcast

NOVEMBER 1 IS THE DATE DCU GOES FREE TO PLAY.

-Much of the day the servers are reputed to be down to account for the switch.

-Download is 14 gigs +

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

November 1st is the apprant f2p date, as said on the stickam podcast.