Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wondering if this is a good build

DevvholicDevvholic Member Posts: 71

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

• HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

• MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+20] (Corsair Vengeance [+19])

• MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] MSI Z68A-G43 (B3) Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology, OC Genie II, Winki 3 & 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe & 2 PCIe X2 (All Venom OC Certified)

• SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

• VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+147] (EVGA Superclocked)

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

That's not a build at all, whether good or otherwise.  What are you trying to do?

• CatamountCatamount Member Posts: 773

Well it does specify almost everything important.

There's no mention of power supply, and "1TB 7200RPM" is not a hard drive in any meaningful way, and the case, while only moderately imporantant, wouldn't be bad to include either.

That said, provided decent parts in those categories are selected (along with an optical drive, any optical drive), that's not a terrible selection of components. I must admit, however that I know noting about how good the Z68 chipset is

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Have almost the same exact build excpet for video card.

ITs a great build from where im sitting. you have the 1600 ram which goes perfectly with the i5. Motherboard is beast, and the 560 will do you well. just make sure you got enough juice to run everything, as you havent listed that.

other than the power supply, im unsure as to what quizzy wans more from you to make a'build' in his eyes.

maybe he wants to know the case and monitor and what keyboard and mouse your using, though i dont see anything but resolution size of the monitor determining anything.

This should do you quite well for some time, havent had a hitch out of mine yet! GL to you!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

For starters, I'd want to see a power supply,case, hard drive, and price tag.  Exactly the same hardware may be a great deal at $800 and a terrible one at $1500.