Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would Real Life be like if RIOT GAME's system was the justice system?

Hehehe, this makes me thinking..."What would life be like if RIOT GAME's system were the real life criminal justice system?"

We'd have daily public hanging, of masses of innocent people mixed with criminals who were guilty of insignificant non-crimes.

Johnny Smith, 15 years old from Topeka, Kansas, is now hereby condemned to public execution by the Tribunal. Upon a 5 second review of Johnny's statistics, the government and its apathetic employees have approved the Tribunal's request for execution. We are not allowed to tell anyone, even Johnny Smith, why he is condemned, nor do we have to provide evidence of his guilt. The Tribunal has spoken, and the 30 other school children at St.Michael's Jr. High School have reported Johnny Smith for loitering too long by the water fountain during lunch. While Johnny Smith stated that these children were upset at him for having more toys than them, we have dismissed his plea as childish. We advise Johnny Smith to accept responsibility for his actions and realize that his execution is entirely justified, and something he most certainly deserved.

*lever is pulled*

Think about it. Would YOU trust a "Tribunal" of your peers to decide your fate? A system where you are put on trial, guilty until proven innocent, when too many 15 year old children report you to the government?

While many smart-***es will state "You're an idiot, we already have that, it's called a Jury! Dur!" please put away your ignorance as to what a tribunal of judges actually means. There is no judge, no lawyers, no case. There is simply a group of peers who sit around, look at your criminal record, look at the charges, look at the amount of people complaining about you, and then decide together. You get a single appeal, but from a government official who is paid minimum wage, considers all crimes, court cases, and people to be juvenile, is entirely apathetic about their job, and is overwhelmed by so many cases needing approval, they can only spend 5 seconds on your case, and WANT to spend 1 second on it, and the more guilty approvals, the happier the local populous becomes.

I encourage you to show your disapproval of RIOT GAME's social policy related to their disgusting community and laughable system of "justice", by never paying a single dime to them and not playing their games. Encourage a social policy which does not ban paying members for minor offenses, such as some of the more lenient MMORPG's. Encourage social policy which does not punish offenders (you cannot stop people from being the way they are online) but instead encourages a NATURAL system in the game or forum itself, which automatically (by human nature) stops problems.

There are many communities which are full of positive, friendly people. These communities have a social design (whether they know it or not) which encourages people to be friendly. (Realm Pride- DAoC anyone?). Social design which discourages friendly people and positive environments (DoTA games in general) need to be reworked, for a more enjoyable experience for all involved.

What is my solution? Honestly, I think by banning anyone under the age of 18, the problem is mostly solved. Yes, there will still be trolls, childish adults, etc. Yet even a childish adult with a mental disorder isn't as bad as a real teenager. We wouldn't have anywhere near as many names as "Gokutwentythree" or "qweqwreter" or "ScrotumSauce".

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Your post history indicates you were greatly affected by your LoL experience, and not in a good way.

If you liked the gameplay itself of LoL, then check out  Bloodline:Champions and LOCO. They are similar styled games and rather fun to play.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,044

Wow, you were so seriously pissed off by this to create 2 forum threads on the same topic on the same day? I agree, it sounds like their system is screwed up, but you probably better move on before this causes a heart attack.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Wow, you were so seriously pissed off by this to create 2 forum threads on the same topic on the same day? I agree, it sounds like their system is screwed up, but you probably better move on before this causes a heart attack.

I'm not upset at all. I thought this was pretty funny and ridiculous to think about, but also a different topic entirely.

I do not create a different thread unless it has an entirely different topic.

Thank you for your reference to Bloodline:Champions and LOCO, I will check those out! :)

I am not upset, just bored, and socializing by making DIFFERENT topics about DIFFERENT subjects and themes. Nothing wrong with this. Before jumping to conclusions and assumptions online that people are upset, imagine what their posts would be like if they were entirely calm, laughing, and enjoying themselves. You'd quickly realize that what YOU perceive as tone is entirely imaginative, because tone doesn't exist online, and your perception is EVERYTHING.

The majority of communication online is entirely derived from your imagination.

Spooky, if you think about that simple fact in relation to projecting yourself on to others!

I really wish people would stick to the topic, and view every thread as its own. Bringing in my "post history" or other threads is entirely irrelevant to the subject in this thread. Each thread is about an entirely different topic, and it is most efficient and organized to have different threads for different topics. No reason to derail another thread for no reason.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Did you make this account espescially to harras Riott game?  The name and the content of your posts seems to indicate such thing to me....    Problem is that people will allways look at your posting history to see what vallue they should give to your opinion.....  When looking at your posting history there is one thing i can see, a grudge against Riott games ........

PErsonally i think that the Justice system of Riott games is quite well set up......  its not that they have a 3 strikes out mentallity.... its more like a 40 strikes out..... And if you get reported for AFK by strangers while not being AFK, then it might very well be your own attitude that is the problem...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Did you make this account espescially to harras Riott game?  The name and the content of your posts seems to indicate such thing to me....    Problem is that people will allways look at your posting history to see what vallue they should give to your opinion.....  When looking at your posting history there is one thing i can see, a grudge against Riott games ........

PErsonally i think that the Justice system of Riott games is quite well set up......  its not that they have a 3 strikes out mentallity.... its more like a 40 strikes out..... And if you get reported for AFK by strangers while not being AFK, then it might very well be your own attitude that is the problem...

People rarely look at post history and infact on this website people rarely even read the OP, they read the title, first line and last line and then decide they are qualified to reply with a meaningful response. The community on MMORPG.COM isn't all that unlike LoL.. infact you even get some random warnings thrown out here and there, some posts removed and similar actions just because it gets reported as a trolling attempt.

Either way giving players the power is a bad idea in any game.. it is always abused.

On Another note, while i have a true dislike for LoL's community and some of riots business practices.. this guy really has a grudge that needs let go.