Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RESEARCH] League of Legend's Report System

Hello everyone, I am here to perform some serious research, but require a few participants.

Hypothesis: A player can get banned for no reason, due to other users reporting falsified information.

Requirement: 1 test subject, and 9 unique player accounts per game.

Method: Playing a quick game, (either for fun, or quickly to end it ASAP), and then having all 9 unique player accounts report the 1 test subject for being "AFK". After this is done, 9 more unique player accounts will participate in teh second, third, fourth, and fifth game, until there are an adequately acceptable number of reports against the 1 test subject. Then a few days will pass, waiting for an email to see if the 1 test subject is banned.

This will not take very long if each game is rushed to completion (allowing one side to win) and a multitude of reports can be completed in 1-2 hours. If you're interested in proving or disproving this hypothesis, please PM me.

Thank you.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

Hello everyone, I am here to perform some serious research, but require a few participants.

Hypothesis: A player can get banned for no reason, due to other users reporting falsified information.

Method: Playing a quick game, (either for fun, or quickly to end it ASAP), and then having all 9 unique player accounts report the 1 test subject for being "AFK". After this is done, 9 more unique player accounts will participate in teh second, third, fourth, and fifth game, until there are an adequately acceptable number of reports against the 1 test subject. Then a few days will pass, waiting for an email to see if the 1 test subject is banned.

This will not take very long if each game is rushed to completion (allowing one side to win) and a multitude of reports can be completed in 1-2 hours. If you're interested in proving or disproving this hypothesis, please PM me.

Thank you.

I think that someone with so many AFK reports should be rightfully banned......

only kids would take so much time to get someone banned.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• htiger23htiger23 Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

Thank you.

{mod edit}

This "hypothesis" is inherently flawed for a number of reasons.

1. You have no control test.

2. You're unfairly weighting the reports.  By having all 9 people report the person 5 games in a row, the individual will most likely receive a ban.  This is not realistic in any sense.

3. I have played the game for almost 12 months.  I have never received a ban, suspension, or warning.  By receiving a suspension in your first week, you obviously did something wrong.  Cases do not typically go to the Tribunal and have their decisions made that quickly.