Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Ram Related questions

2»

Comments

• TackleburyTacklebury Member UncommonPosts: 295
    No sir, I'm simply stating that it is an option for you to use their support system also.  You can certainly buy your own also, you are just taking a bit of a risk depending on what their recommended specs are.  If you buy from them and it doesn't work, you can often get refunds or technical support to go with your purchase. 8)  If you get that model I'll try to help you figure out your best option. ;)

Tacklebury --}>>>

• HairyDwarfHairyDwarf Member Posts: 144
    Well it doesnt have any numbers or letters after the 5000. On the monitor it says FX740 dunno if thats anything?

My appearence... FAT, OLD, AND HAIRY!

Originally posted by HairyDwarf
    Well it doesnt have any numbers or letters after the 5000. On the monitor it says FX740 dunno if thats anything?

If you click the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?dlc=en&lc=en&product=92867&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00004461

This will tell you where to find the real model number.  The 5000 on the front doesn't mean it is actually a 5000 model, it can be any of the 5000 series. ;)

Tacklebury --}>>>

What about this...

PRESARIO 5423US

What about this...
    PRESARIO 5423US

Great!  Here's your specifications link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&product=93322&dlc=en&docname=c00009511

It states PC2100 Memory and 1GB max meaning to get 1gb you need to get two 512MB chips.  Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, they are not recommending any specific brands, so you can buy generics or whatever you wish and they should work.  I'd probably look into something like the (2) 512mb chips from tiger, but if you like you can get one 512mb chip, install it into the first DIMM slot (there are numbers beside the slots on the motherboard) and then move your current 256mb chip to the second slot.  In some motherboards, they are marked as 0 and 1, in this case 0 is the first slot and 1 is the second.  Hope it helps! ;)

Tacklebury --}>>>

Thanks so much! image So if I can have 750 some Ram and still run it, then thats awesome cause I wont be totally broke buying 2 512's. Eventually I will thought. Thanks alot man! image

Thanks so much! image So if I can have 750 some Ram and still run it, then thats awesome cause I wont be totally broke buying 2 512's. Eventually I will thought. Thanks alot man! image

No problem.  ;)

Tacklebury --}>>>

Don't know if this is of interest to you or not, but this is the compaq recommended guidelines for upgrading your memory.  It is kind of generic, but does have some decent info in it if you want to take a look:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&product=93322&dlc=en&docname=c00007688

Tacklebury --}>>>

This is prob a stupid question but a GIG is 1000 right? So wouldent 2 512's  be 1,024 which is more than 1 GIG exacly? Does that matter or something? Cause my limit is 1 Gig

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

This is prob a stupid question but a GIG is 1000 right? So wouldent 2 512's be 1,024 which is more than 1 GIG exacly? Does that matter or something? Cause my limit is 1 Gig

512= half a gig

1024= One gig

Two 512 sticks equals one gig.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Oooohh... I see. Thought it was 1000. Ok, now I think I should know everything now.