Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about Dawntide

zite4321zite4321 Member Posts: 51

As I just created an account and they are having problems I can't post on the forums yet.

I'm very interested in this game. Looks like all I've been wanting in a game. The main focus seems to be on crafting and getting things started for yourself. Hopefully I am correct.

I believe this game has open world, free loot pvp. If that is the case, can anyone how has/is playing Dawntide tell me if its a typical free loot pvp gankfest such as Darkfall. I really enjoyed darkfall but being ganked continously by 3-4 players that are far more powerful than me tends to get old. Now I do enjoy the occasional unexpected pvp.. adds a thrill to the game. I loved the early days of UO and running for my life trying to cast recall with only 30 magic skill. Was a good thrill. But I don't want to be constantly barraged when out looking for for some low level monsters to kill, mining, crafting etc. Occasionlly is acceptable as it's bound to happen.

So please, while it's downloading, someone help me understand. Is the community helpful or full of teens who are just trying to show float the size of the epeen?

Also any more information would be great about this game. I've been reading through the forums and it looks very promising. I know it's in beta still, there will be bugs, the graphics are the best, but that is acceptable if I can enjoy myself.

Please.. someone tell me I've found the game I've been looking for for the past 3 years....

Comments

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

The community is far too small, but they are helpful.  I was not ganked once in beta.  The game has alot or promise, but has a long way to go.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

I think that you can only be attacked and looted in certain pvp areas

I would think that there wouldnt be so much ganking going on given how horrendous the combat is, as well as the inability to attack and move.

You would basically have to be standing still choosing to fight to get ganked, or be so weak that you couldnt run out of ranged weapons range to be sucessfully ganked.