Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Oh, thank God.  Earthrise, being one of those few games that I actually have time to post about has made an expansion.  Now if they had fleeced me of $49.99 and if they had made me consider going to the Office of Fair Trading with my complaint. I might feel differently.  But that never happened, fantastic company, please keep us updated. 

• AdunAdun Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by PioneerStew

Oh, thank God.  Earthrise, being one of those few games that I actually have time to post about has made an expansion.  Now if they had fleeced me of $49.99 and if they had made me consider going to the Office of Fair Trading with my complaint. I might feel differently.  But that never happened, fantastic company, please keep us updated. 

You betcha, slugger.

Added an alternate link to the OP for the PVP Video for those who Youtube is blocked for.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Originally posted by Adun

Originally posted by PioneerStew

You betcha, slugger.

Added an alternate link to the OP for the PVP Video for those who Youtube is blocked for.

I am actually advertising you and your shit game.  Well if I can only warn people not to go here it is worthwhile. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Vehicles look sharp.  The design work reminds me of UT 2004, which I thought was exceptionally well done.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AdunAdun Member UncommonPosts: 70

This is also a very nice video about vehicles, and significantly smoother than Kota's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncL6a92ni3M&hd=1

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

combat still looks god awfull

• NC4OMNC4OM Member Posts: 16

They need to take a page out of FFxiv's book and make this free until it is sub worthy.

Have they fixed the whole feels like your "dragging a body accross the sand issue"

Been bangn' since pong

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Alot of issues have been fixed but then they add new issues which drives players away, a free sub won't help, they need to sell the game period as its  great game with a DEV team that does not care.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Alot of issues have been fixed but then they add new issues which drives players away, a free sub won't help, they need to sell the game period as its  great game with a DEV team that does not care.

im a new player that spent 5 days in the starter area doing the whole try before you buy thing.  The only issues that are preventing new players from wanting to stay are still alive and well.

I saw several new players, not a single one of them left the encampment, none.  No a single player at any of the mob spawns, they all logged off and i never saw them again.

Its the glitchy lag that stopped them i guess. However, the pve combat is so glitchy and so "laggy" its not that my ISP is slow, and my FPS was running 30-40, its server side issues, it cant keep the mob on the screen in an accurate location, its like it updates the mob location in relation to me every 10 seconds, rather than ever fraction of a second to ensure smooth gameplay.  WIth small hitboxes its a pain to keep track of where the mobs are,since their positions change drastically.

Any new player who stays long enough to actually try the game isnt going to care about tribal wars or vehicles, they are going to want smooth combat. 

Id advise masthead to stop doing anything other than making the game playable or they wont be getting any new players despite their best efforts to add in endgame stuff.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

MMO's get once chance, launch. Even if this game was perfect, bug free and filled with content tomorrow it wouldnt matter. It's over.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by EndDream

MMO's get once chance, launch. Even if this game was perfect, bug free and filled with content tomorrow it wouldnt matter. It's over.

Theres actually several who did overcome a bad launch.

However, when earthrise offers a free trial to get new players, then dumps them into a game that is severly glitched, extremely laggy in terms of mob/player location (rubberbanding teleporting ect) it only serves to keep people away.  And instead of fixing the only issue keeping this game from growing, they drop an expansion with tribal wars and vehicles, something that few will stick around to see.

They need to buck up, stop development, and get this game into a basic "playable" state before they start to fluff it up and add content.

Whats the point of endgame content when there no one to tribal war with?

Make it so that new players trying the game out can fight mobs and chat withother people, rather then dropping them into an empty worls with no means to chat with anyone they see, and then expect them to fight mobs with tiny hitboxes as they "straight line attack" in a boring fashion, with their location bouncing back and forth in some form of epic rubberbanding...something terrible to deal with granted its aim targeting and all the mobs are small.

So many people want to like the game and do like it, its just not playable.  No ones going to stick around a game that isnt playable.  I would have but i found it increasingly difficult to deal with TPS combat and mobs and players who were constantly bouncing around rubberbanding and lag teleporting location.  I know how fustrating it would be if i actually had to deal witha  real pvp battle or a mob that was actually challanging, all while equipped with valuable items.

This game is not going anywhere untill they get it to a playable state.

Oh and the whole time my fps were running 40+ aside from frist entering a town.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file