Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

earth and beyond

boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
hello i was a huge fan of the mmorpg ''earth and beyond'', i was wondering if anyone has heard anytrhing about this game since it closed , like is there any plans for somwe other company to buy it or if stupid ea games is gonna perhaps bring it back to capture the lost sci-fi fan base the game once carried , if so pls leave a post i miss it and would jump on it to play it again somwedayimage

playing eq2 and two worlds

Comments

• Cobra1107Cobra1107 Member Posts: 78

It's officially dead.

Damn EA Games. It was an excellent game.

• NeogenesisNeogenesis Member Posts: 29
    Yeah that whas a very cool gameimage
  • cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

No plans I've heard of.

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

• ungrimagrolungrimagrol Member UncommonPosts: 154

Makes sense that there will be some casulaties.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

There were two different plans I got wind of to ressurect EnB. The first was that someone was going to develop a clone, however this appeared to be nothing more than fluff - a list of "dream" features that someone wanted to see in the game and not much else.

The other attempt made (a little bit) more headway by contacting EA Games and seeing if they would sell the rights to EnB. While the person querying this only had approx. 80K USD at their disposal, EA wanted in the region of 2mil USD for the rights (quite reasonable when you consider the development costs, and the subscription revenue the game would generate).

Unfortuantely, I feel EnB has died a final death.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

yeah i heard that also about purchasing i wonder if any of these big MMORPG companies would be interested like CCP or Sony Online Entertainment or any others.

Was that fluff thing the Emulator cause i heard about that as wel and there is a site and everything i guess.

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

• RenferRenfer Member Posts: 6
    i heard that there might be an E&B2 but that was just something that sombody made up.

yes, it was a great game
  • TigerReiTigerRei Member UncommonPosts: 141

Personally I had my problems with E&B, but I thought it had great potential. Just needed more avatar areas (meaning when you're not in your ship), player housing, larger space areas, and more class balancing, but it was fun. I was in the beta, and I played it for a while in retail as well. If it came back I'd probably play it again.

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181
    it definately had flaws but all games have flaws. They would add on new systems and station in enb often which made it interesting to wait and see what there was gonna be there. But ya it definately needed more walking around space besides the Lounge, Hangar, Trading room, and Lobby and occassionally disco rooms. I would think that they should have put a place where guilds can purchase a room to have meetings in or something. I dunno i would definately get that game if it came out though it was a lot of fun and good people

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com