Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawn of Fantasy: Now in Retail Release & Brand New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

505 Games has announced that its MMORTS, Dawn of Fantasy, has been officially released. To celebrate, the dev team has also released a brand new trailer.

Players take their chance to write their own chapter in the bloody history of the war-torn fantasy world of Mythador. Immersed in a vivid, living world, from the swamps of ErtheeL’Bala of the Wood Elves to the scorched dragon-inhabited lands of Sssilistra, players will explore a detailed world, interacting with native villagers or waging war on nearby armies and trade convoys. Adventurers will complete dozens of story-driven quests in one of three campaigns, and interact with thousands of other players through trading, forging alliances, and waging war in both Player vs. Player (PvP) and Player vs. Environment (PvE) battles.

Find out more about Dawn of Fantasy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

This looks like it could be very very good. Like Age of empires meets total war meets MMO.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

oo this looks interesting :)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Downloading as we speak. This looks like it can be alot of fun.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

I was pretty unimpressed with the beta, but my fingers are crossed that they cleaned things up a bit since then. The features list just sounds great.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Release into Steam please.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Thats a negative, waste of $30.00. After 1 ogre ate my entire army I just had to logoff. Gameplay is slow as well as combat.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Tenebrion

I was pretty unimpressed with the beta, but my fingers are crossed that they cleaned things up a bit since then. The features list just sounds great.

Unimpressed would be an understement for me, but yeah maybe they cleaned it up.  I had the feeling they'd need more than just a few more months to really do that, though.

One thing that really bothered me was that you can't just build wherever you want - it uses a hook point system that takes all the fun out of building anything.  Very sparse selection of what to build, too... I wanted to like this game, but just couldn't get into it at all.  If anyone else does like it, I'd love to read what they see in it.  Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

I wanted to like it - but with a clinky userinterface and a host of others things that put me off I uninstalled it after about an hour.

imo this game needs another year in development.

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

game isn't worth 29.99

• KeithDragoonKeithDragoon Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by daydreamerxx

game isn't worth 29.99

Pretty much this, i liked the beta but the game is NOT worth $30. I would gladly pay $15 for it due to its consistancy with updates but $9.99 is about where I peg this game on average.