Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise of Immortals: Released on Steam

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Petroglyph has announced that its Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) title, Rise of Immortals, has been released on Steam.

Rise of Immortals Steam players will receive a nice bonus package including an unlocked Immortal (a 500 in-game coin value), a limited-edition skin for the new Immortal Trovoc, 200 Petroglyph coins to spend on in-game items, and access to unlockable Steam-exclusive achievements.

Find out more about Rise of Immortals. Also, be sure to check out the Steam-specific FAQ on the RoI Steam Community Forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

if you dont want to spend money on in game items this game isnt for you.

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

good thing the only money you need to spend is on champion skins.  Everything else is optional money or in-game coin.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Why the hell would anyone above the age of 7 want to play that rubbish? The screen shot looks like a curry I ate last week .......... when it came out the other end two hours later!

P2W FTL

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by Arachneus1

good thing the only money you need to spend is on champion skins.  Everything else is optional money or in-game coin.

all your talismans are bought with cash converted to their point system.

• JeakoolJeakool Member UncommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by siphrdamon

Originally posted by Arachneus1

all your talismans are bought with cash converted to their point system.

No, you have the option to buy with cash points or with In-game points u earn by fighting. The Cash point get u the tailsmans much faster but there is nothing in game that needs you to pay real cash for, other then the Skins but they have skin give -a-ways so offen that if you give ti time u can unlock the whole game for free.

• xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75

Compared to League of Legends, the gameplay is absolutely snail paced.  In my opinion, the art is poor all around.  The animations are sluggish and need work.  The social aspect of the game is limited because you have to pick a Hero (out of like 12 or so) to be your avatar and walk around with no purpose but to queue up.  HoN is MUCH better than this piece and I don't even like HoN.  It's just a better quality game.  League of Legends is absolutely the most polished and well made game in the genre.  If you're looking for a MOBA, go with LoL or HoN. 

• gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Agricola1

Why the hell would anyone above the age of 7 want to play that rubbish? The screen shot looks like a curry I ate last week .......... when it came out the other end two hours later!

P2W FTL

Herpity derp derp derp..

Right, people shouldn't play the game because it looks like the curry you had last night. Really?

Go ask your parents why they frequently dropped you on your head as a child.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

tried this for about 3 or 4 matches.

its quite... terribad.

the only thing i liked was rather weird selection of music.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Well i decided to give it a try, installed it via steam, play and noticed at the login screen the characters were moving as if the program was on slow. Anyway i went to create an account and typing out a login name, there would be a 3 sec delay in every key stroke.

Played the tutorial and everything was delayed so i restarted the game... Nope.. Verified the cache and defrag data.... Nope... So i deleted it and then redownloaded and installed... Nope...

Needless to say i just gave up. image