Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good guys, bad guys, how about some realism?

senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

I just read Paul Crilley's chronicle on Rift and it reminded me one feature that i am starting to dislike greatly.

Well i am tired of factions being forced on me. Dont get me wrong i am not against it but i am tired of being forced to select one or the other. I am tired of having an alignment that is always set in stone. I want to be evil sometimes, good at most times and sometimes not just care and look the other way.

Why must we be forced into those factions? Game developers you are LAZY!

I want to be able to walk into Freeport or Qeynos as i want without having to fear being killed by the militia. I want to be able to earn faction with any group i want!

Why must i pick between the Empire or the Rebels? Horde.. ? Well you get my drift, same annoying thing with MOST AAA mmo's out there.

My alignment should change, just like those old days playing D&D, if i screwed up and acted evil, the DM would switch thing accordingly to what actions i've done in his world. This is kinda weird that such an old game mechanic hasnt been used more in the new MMO coming out lately. Nope technology cant be the hurdle here, just plain laziness i say.