Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Players Opinion

2»

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

well i played AOC, my friend palyed a guardian, he said they had nerfed it and now when we pvped he wasnt effective. I had a barbarian at release and it was fun but essentially my guild did raids when i wasnt available meaning i got left behind and the pvp was just pointless. i trained up 1 char to lvl 80 and 1 char to like lvl 40 and it took me 2months, i certainly wouldnt compare it to mos level of raising a char. You say you maced out a char in 8 days. My friend who doesnt work took much longer than that not playing casually. In my experience of aoc the game was a disaster with many broken promises. example directx10 support printed on the box, 3 mnoths later still no directx10 support. same story wirth sieges and utter bordom at lvl 80.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Originally posted by deathshroud

well i played AOC, my friend palyed a guardian, he said they had nerfed it and now when we pvped he wasnt effective. I had a barbarian at release and it was fun but essentially my guild did raids when i wasnt available meaning i got left behind and the pvp was just pointless. i trained up 1 char to lvl 80 and 1 char to like lvl 40 and it took me 2months, i certainly wouldnt compare it to mos level of raising a char. You say you maced out a char in 8 days. My friend who doesnt work took much longer than that not playing casually. In my experience of aoc the game was a disaster with many broken promises. example directx10 support printed on the box, 3 mnoths later still no directx10 support. same story wirth sieges and utter bordom at lvl 80.

Its not the place nor the time to discuss about AoC. Will agree on the issues you mentioned and could report many many more. Guardian after one certain point was kinda gimped regerds 1 v 1 but insanely OP on group pvp. Could 2 shot certain light geared classes cause of a certain scalling buff (on polearm tree).

I can see your points on Funcom and that fact only makes me wonder why cant you simply see that SV is a smaller picture of Funcom. You mentioned broken promisses even though in Funcom that wasnt the case but it was a total 180 degree turn to the opposite direction (from brutal PVP to carebear PVE) thanks to change of management (when Craig Sillirion Morrison and his dev team replaced the old dev team). As it is about Dx10 it came to the game very very late and it was awesome improvement to the allready aswesome graphics. But now its the time i feel like asking you how you can see all the terrible things that Funcom did concerning AoC and despite that you not only giving extenuations to SV but you also defending them consuming all your vigor and you are ready to drag yourself into conflict with people that allready tried them out and simply they wanna point out  non the less true facts.

And to made my point stronger will tell you that i played in Crom (at my AoC) years and was being a part of the 2 biggest Multigaming guild in there. I do still have contact with both and made a bunch of crazy friends-hardcore gamers that its a pleasure not to play the same game with them but simply to hang around with them and fool arounf in a voice chat. But since i wanna consider myself honest person as much as i would like for many of them to come with me and play MO cause i m enjoying their company, i wouldnt have the courage or the nerves to suggest to someone to come at least and try it. I m preety sure that they will make fun of me for the rest of my life or at least for the rest of my gaming days. Would you call your friends/hardcore gamers to play MO?

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

@argirop thank you for your post. Your post has so much credibility seeing how old your mmorpg account is. Be aware that some Star Vault supporters will not actually respond to the "meat" or the core of the post, but will attempt to distract you and lead the discussion in a different direction.

You are right what does AoC have to do with your post?  You mentioned it and this gives them an opportunity to take the discussion in that direction.

I realize that english is probably not your  first language, but you did a teriffic job in making your points. Too bad you picked such a dark color for your text it was quite difficult to read.

I am not a forum warrior but ,  I am learning. Seeing that this is only your second post, be aware that by posting negative facts or opinions that somehow don't adhere to the RoC will get your posts reported. This is an attempt to shut you up.

Overall I agree with the OP, the easy leveling of toons in Mortal Online in not very rewarding. Their supporters like that. I prefer grind in an MMO. I think an MMO is meant to be played for years not months and weeks. Being able to level up a toon in a week or 2 seems to defeat the purpose of long term goals and commitment to an MMO. They level up fast, get bored , and demand more content which Star Vault is in no position to provide.