Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Star Trek Online FAQ Posted

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The official website for Paramount has posted up a nice FAQ covering tons of information about the upcoming MMOPRG based on the Star Trek universe. Below is a snippet from the article:

What is Star Trek Online?
STO is a persistent world where thousands of players immerse themselves in the life and times of the Federation. You will explore the galaxy, defend against incursions, and pursue the needs of the Federation in space and on planets' surfaces.

Who is making this Game?
Perpetual Entertainment is three year old company created by MMO and networked game veterans with the express purpose of developing ground breaking persistent world games. They've spent the last three years working on genre defining server and graphics technologies for another unique MMO offering still in the works. They're excited to begin expanding their team and begin work on this famous property.

When is the Beta date?

To read it all, click here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Heh.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• S31ApocS31Apoc Member Posts: 37
    I been waiting for this forever

§31-ÀÞØÇ
    http://www.s31clan.com
    You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
    "Regis Mark V"
    Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold !!
    "Klingon Proverb"
    As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
    "Apocalypse"
    Can you love a creature that would even ask you to kill your own son? no matter the reason
    "Apocalypse"
    Konichiwa Bitches!!

• anthrorobanthrorob Member Posts: 50

Too bad it is in the TNG era. The franchise went to the toilet with TNG and subsequent series (with the possible exception of DS9.)

Now if this game was set in the original series time frame, I would be following the development closely. Too Bad.

Anthrorob

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

i personally hate the old star trek and DIG the the next generation and Voyager series.....if it wasnt for TNG, star trek wouldnt even be in popular culture throughout the early '90's and until present....but hey, i'm not a fuckin trekkie and i dont wanna start a debate you dorks....i like star trek and any star trek game would be fun if done right....

hopefully they dont fuck it up.

• bluejaye99bluejaye99 Member Posts: 8
    Of all the ready established worlds out there, this has the greatest potential as an mmorpg. I will definately be watching this one closely.
  • seneardonseneardon Member Posts: 5

Im glad the game will be around the DS9/TNG timeframe. I want to pilot a defiant class ship image

If the game was based of the origional series I wouldnt play it...I like watching Startrek on TV but those origional series Nazi's are some scary hard core freaks. I mean I watch American idol but i dont run around dressed in simon ears and trying to sing like paula abdul...freaks image

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by necbone
    i personally hate the old star trek and DIG the the next generation and Voyager series.....if it wasnt for TNG, star trek wouldnt even be in popular culture throughout the early '90's and until present....but hey, i'm not a fuckin trekkie and i dont wanna start a debate you dorks....i like star trek and any star trek game would be fun if done right....
    hopefully they dont fuck it up.

I was going to vote..... but I already am a captain of a starship..... of sorts ::::34::

• fud25fud25 Member Posts: 15

Who is going to make it?  If its SOE, this game is already doomed.  They forgot to put the Star Wars in Star Wars Galaxies.

Otherwise, Star Trek Online should be a wicked game.  Looking forward to it.

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by S31Apoc
    I been waiting for this forever

Me too. Might be something to play after I dump EQ2. I watched just about all the original ST, ST:TNG and DS9 episodes. Wasn't very interested in ST: Voyager or Enterprise though. This the studios are just trying to milk the series. Thought most of the movies were pretty good. Even the Star Trek Experience in Vegas was a fun show.

Xander

• DabruuzerDabruuzer Member UncommonPosts: 123
    If you read the original Press Release, you'll see that Perpetual was granted license to ALL Trek franchises, an unprecedented move for a gaming license.  Although the initial release will concentrate around the TNG-era, expansions will cover different eras (time travel, anyone?). :)

A Little Dab'll Do Ya!

• RadmuzRadmuz Member Posts: 85

I think that the way that SOE did SWG should be a bit of a warning here. Just because there is a big title there is no promise of a decent game.

Having said that I will also say that if they fulfill 85% of what they are saying in the FAQ at release then I will be trying this out for sure. They add some new concepts to the science fiction gendre that I, and others, have been wanting to see for years.

I really could care less about the timeline they pick for the game. I am mostly interested in how the game actually works instead of the hype that it is Star Trek, of which I am a big long time fan. I want a game that delivers what they say. Hopefully this one can do it.

• Invincible37Invincible37 Member Posts: 172
    lol ive always wanted to fly the Enterprise E and go blow the living hell out of the Romulans :)...u will be able to fly starships right?without starships star trek....just aint star trek lol