Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: 75% Off on Steam -- Today Only!

2»

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

This lines up with 1.5 dropping today. I know it is cool to say f2p, but come on guysssss

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

subbed for more time! Such a good update, I love the Chronicles and the veteren rewards.

• AdequateAdequate Member UncommonPosts: 17

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by Adequate

I'd give them full price and never play again. This game is that good.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4172217#4172217

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Last time I subscribed I could not even finish the time I paid for... it's way too much like some other* game and the PVP is horrid.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by Valentina

subbed for more time! Such a good update, I love the Chronicles and the veteren rewards.

PvE players will love this update. PvP players (50's) will be 'Meh'.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Was there for launch and payed for 6 months. Really enjoyed getting 3 characters to 50 then got bored verry verry fast. 2 months into the game I cancled and 1.5 isnt going to get me to go back. For 8 bucks though I would say anyone looking for something to give them a couple months enjoyment should grab it. Well worth that money. Just dont go over a 1month sub or you might regret it.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

bought this game for $5

still feel like I got ripped off

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Bought it twice now, 2nd key for a friend (although she was in such a fu'ed mood this morning that she'd rather deserve a kick in the ass) At first it was a bit of a hassle to get through to the actual cd keys, but now i guess we can create "regular accounts" at Trion's and bypass the whole steam thing.

Guess it doesn't get any cheaper folks...but then, i thought that a couple of times before  ;)

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

No thanks, tested the game from start of closed beta. Once was enough of this must boring tunnel vision MMO.

No matter how good the deal is it won't change the game. 

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by VoIgore

Guess it doesn't get any cheaper folks...but then, i thought that a couple of times before  ;)

Got mine free at eurogamer expo on sunday ;)

I actually like the game.. apart from the bland storytelling and terribad quest design.

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

{mod edit} I just paid $30 for a box copy a few days ago. Figures.

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

I just sub'd for a whole year, this is the best mmo out there, don't care what the trolls say :P

And yes I am going to play SWTOR, but this deserves some of my time, Trion has earned it.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Hasn't Rift been on mega sale for months now?
  • lordpenquinlordpenquin Member Posts: 129

I don't know why so many people H8T on Rift.  It's really the first post-wow mmo that hasn't failed a month out of the gate like all the other ones have.  It's an original IP and has a lot of content always being added.  I'm not a PvPr, so I can't speak to how that side plays but the PvE is the most fun I've had in years, besides the old republic. 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Time for a South Park episode.

you need like 11 million users before southpark is getting interested in your game, there is no sense in making fun about a niche game (pun intended!)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by kishe

Last push before going F2P?

Bit of a silly comment as Steam has nothing to do with Trion and if you use Steeam you'll know they the one day sale on games is extremly common place .  As for free to play of course it will be eventually sooner or later .

Rift at present has a very healthy playerbase so like a lot of game a lot will depend on the juggernaunt that is StarWars TOR which appears like it could really be the next huge mmo ( I say this very tentativly because it could all still go wrong ) . If it is I don't just see Rift going free to play but also an extention of F2P in WoW to levels 1-60 as it also starts hemoraging subscriptions . I know a lot of mmo player and I the vast majority of them are at least intending of trying TOR .

I personally think I'll be leaving Rift for it but it does't mean I wont ever come back . But with so many decent games both f2p and pay to play for the first time in years it a return to WoW doesn't even cross my mind .

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Thane

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Time for a South Park episode.

you need like 11 million users before southpark is getting interested in your game, there is no sense in making fun about a niche game (pun intended!)

Maybe the Big Bang Theory then :P

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

I loved this game at launch. I didnt get much further than that cause all my friends play wow. Well, ive been done with wow for awhile now and i was looking on the site at the dungeons and stuff. They seem to have 5 raids and one is under silvers. the silvers says 10 man raid. i was wondering what the other 4 were. like how many peeps you need. thanks in advance. just bought my gf the game and im gonna resub. if you have a good server in mind let me know :)

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Originally posted by kishe

Last push before going F2P?

My thoughts exactly. Still going to buy it - at least the serial will get me 30 days VIP in that future, half the usual sub. image

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Originally posted by lordpenquin

I don't know why so many people H8T on Rift.  It's really the first post-wow mmo that hasn't failed a month out of the gate like all the other ones have.  It's an original IP and has a lot of content always being added.  I'm not a PvPr, so I can't speak to how that side plays but the PvE is the most fun I've had in years, besides the old republic. 

Because its probably going to fail a year later. Its just not playable for more than a month for most people.