Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

75% off - Standard and collectors ed. on steam!

striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Omg, 6 Eur for the CE incl. 30 days?

Everytime i think they can't sink even lower they somehow manage to do so. On top of that, a few month ago this discount would have taken a hit on the forums, outraging people. Nowadays no one even cares about that anymore.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

well the Rift CE aint a CE  .. i mean sure if you get a fancy box to place next to your other fancy game boxes and bags then its a CE

but a Digital CE? how do you collect a Digital item ? place it on your harddrive what is the exsact same copy as the trial or regulair edition and show it to your friends , "look at this map(folder)! all CE edition of games!" 

I would call it the  umm Extended edition ,, the Digital pixel item edition, or perhapts the : Lolz you paid for turtle edition  ;)

so cant realy go screaming about that, its not a limeted edition, its a "colectors" edition, that some folks assumed it also would be limeted is their own faulth so good for rift that it seems their players are smart enough to see the diference and dont make lots of random cry forum posts.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Sounds like they are desperate to get anyone to play. One of the worst MMO's I have ever played.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Steam has sales like this all the time. Don't read anything into it, it's just a good deal available for a short time.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yep if you're on the fence 7 bucks for 30 days is good.

Don't listen to the fanboys or the haters, check it out for yourself you may like it.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by VoIgore

Everytime i think they can't sink even lower they somehow manage to do so. On top of that, a few month ago this discount would have taken a hit on the forums, outraging people. Nowadays no one even cares about that anymore.

Indeed.

I bet they sink lower though....

Caveat Emptor

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by VoIgore

The worst thing that can happen to any game is when their forums dry up. Look at the posting dates here and the topics. That's the first sign that people are losing interest in the game; not "they are too busy playing instead of posting". Veteran mmoers know that and have seen it a ton with other games.

These deals when first announced were claimed to be no different than anyone else was doing in the past, and the frequency of them was unusual for a six month old game but "not indicative of how the game's population was dropping." I think most people have long dismissed that as sheer fantasy.

There is an acceptable timeframe for "deals" to be had and anything after that starts to resemble desperation that only cheap subs can fill quickly.

You have to ask yourself which is more feasible: that the game will somehow gather enough subs in the future to expand or at the least, open back up the almost 60 trial servers now closed off now, or that this is a last chance effort to garner subs before the tsunami of new mmos hits.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Are you guys fucking serious?? complaining over a sale? just because they have sale dosent mean they are desperate... Steam has huges sales ALL the time on all kinds of games, both new and old.

This is great for people who maybe go to school and dont have alot of money, or maybe they didnt have a huge interesting in trying out the game so they wouldnt wanna pay full price but now its perfect for people who maybe was only abit interested in the game to buy it and check it out.

about 80% of my games on steam (i have over 100) i  have bought on 50-90% discount. its great! and you guys are bitching about it and calling them desperate? how pathetic is that? Well, haters gonna hate i guess..

Also, im not defending the game or anything, tbh i dont like it at all, i didnt even get past lvl 10 in beta. But if i was even just faintly interested in this game now is the time i would have bought it.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Proson
    Are you guys fucking serious?? complaining over a sale?
    I'm not sure you're reading properly.

Who complained, lol?

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Well, not really complaining. more like whining and saying they are desperate :P but you get my point.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Proson

Are you guys fucking serious?? complaining over a sale? just because they have sale dosent mean they are desperate... Steam has huges sales ALL the time on all kinds of games, both new and old.

This is great for people who maybe go to school and dont have alot of money, or maybe they didnt have a huge interesting in trying out the game so they wouldnt wanna pay full price but now its perfect for people who maybe was only abit interested in the game to buy it and check it out.

about 80% of my games on steam (i have over 100) i  have bought on 50-90% discount. its great! and you guys are bitching about it and calling them desperate? how pathetic is that? Well, haters gonna hate i guess..

Also, im not defending the game or anything, tbh i dont like it at all, i didnt even get past lvl 10 in beta. But if i was even just faintly interested in this game now is the time i would have bought it.

You are not a marketing professional are you ?

Study pricing strategies if you want to educate yourself on why discounting the way TRION are is because the product  is in serious decline.

Caveat Emptor

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

There is a very healthy population on my server, its "Medium" populated. I dont care how many subs the game maintains as long as its enough to keep running with regular updates. It will be interesting to see how people react after the TOR launch. If it gets a million subs and maintains them will people say " millions of subs doesnt mean its a good game" at the same time telling folks how" a lower sub game must suck or it would have more subs". Watching the PVP  on this site is its major attraction.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.