Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dinged level 60...

drokdrok Member Posts: 9

Well after grinding my butt off for weeks, I've come to the conclusion that EQ2 is a horrible game. Level 55 to 60 is sooooo long... the first 55 levels were bad enough... I should of quit at level 2 if I knew what I was in for. I kept banking on there being some really cool things that I could do at level 60, but there just isn't. There are alot of people at my level and they all seem to think the same thing. Many of them, including myself, have gone to WoW, and we find it MUCH better. I just honestly can't believe I put so much time into a game that isn't fun.

The bottom line is this. Stop fooling yourselves that EQ2 is a good game. WoW is a much, much better game. The sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be. WoW is so much deeper than EQ2. I dinged level 60 in WoW, also(I'm a hardcore gamer), and I am never looking for something to do.. I'm just trying to decide what I should do out of the hundreds of options.

I don't mean to bash EQ2, but I really can't see why you guys would play such an inferior product. Maybe you were like me, and think it will get better at level 60. Well it doesn't, trust me. Quit now and join WoW, and I GAURENTEE you wil have more fun.

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by drok

Well after grinding my butt off for weeks, I've come to the conclusion that EQ2 is a horrible game. Level 55 to 60 is sooooo long... the first 55 levels were bad enough... I should of quit at level 2 if I knew what I was in for. I kept banking on there being some really cool things that I could do at level 60, but there just isn't. There are alot of people at my level and they all seem to think the same thing. Many of them, including myself, have gone to WoW, and we find it MUCH better. I just honestly can't believe I put so much time into a game that isn't fun.
    The bottom line is this. Stop fooling yourselves that EQ2 is a good game. WoW is a much, much better game. The sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be. WoW is so much deeper than EQ2. I dinged level 60 in WoW, also(I'm a hardcore gamer), and I am never looking for something to do.. I'm just trying to decide what I should do out of the hundreds of options.
    I don't mean to bash EQ2, but I really can't see why you guys would play such an inferior product. Maybe you were like me, and think it will get better at level 60. Well it doesn't, trust me. Quit now and join WoW, and I GAURENTEE you wil have more fun.

Stamped: Fanboy

haha, nice try. EQII only has 50 levels. Go back to your WoW forums please, thanks.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Well after grinding my butt off for weeks, I've come to the conclusion that EQ2 is a horrible game. Level 55 to 60 is sooooo long... the first 55 levels were bad enough... I should of quit at level 2 if I knew what I was in for. I kept banking on there being some really cool things that I could do at level 60, but there just isn't. There are alot of people at my level and they all seem to think the same thing. Many of them, including myself, have gone to WoW, and we find it MUCH better. I just honestly can't believe I put so much time into a game that isn't fun.The bottom line is this. Stop fooling yourselves that EQ2 is a good game. WoW is a much, much better game. The sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be. WoW is so much deeper than EQ2. I dinged level 60 in WoW, also(I'm a hardcore gamer), and I am never looking for something to do.. I'm just trying to decide what I should do out of the hundreds of options.I don't mean to bash EQ2, but I really can't see why you guys would play such an inferior product. Maybe you were like me, and think it will get better at level 60. Well it doesn't, trust me. Quit now and join WoW, and I GAURENTEE you wil have more fun.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is a perfect example of a troll post. There are only 50 levels in EQ2.

If you even ever played EQ2 you would probably know that the cap was 50.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

People like you give us WoW players a bad name. Seriously, why is every rabid fanboy trying to convince everybody to get WoW? Let everybody play their own game and like it. I've played EQ2 for two weeks, I found out it wasn't for me. Big deal, I can still see why other people would prefer EQ2 over WoW.

Live and let live.

• DregaDrega Member Posts: 225

Well, your full of BS since the max lvl in EQ2 is 50...

This place is full of tree-huggers and tofu fartn' faeries...

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

Yea and im sure hes a level 60 in WoW too (I mean come on you guys, he said it himself... he's a hardcore gamer!!!)

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

whew, oh boy *wipes tear from eye* man that was funny. oh man that made my day! people come on, if you're gonna try and flame a game at least get your facts straight!

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Well after grinding my butt off for weeks, I've come to the conclusion that EQ2 is a horrible game. Level 55 to 60 is sooooo long... the first 55 levels were bad enough... I should of quit at level 2 if I knew what I was in for. I kept banking on there being some really cool things that I could do at level 60, but there just isn't. There are alot of people at my level and they all seem to think the same thing. Many of them, including myself, have gone to WoW, and we find it MUCH better. I just honestly can't believe I put so much time into a game that isn't fun.The bottom line is this. Stop fooling yourselves that EQ2 is a good game. WoW is a much, much better game. The sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be. WoW is so much deeper than EQ2. I dinged level 60 in WoW, also(I'm a hardcore gamer), and I am never looking for something to do.. I'm just trying to decide what I should do out of the hundreds of options.I don't mean to bash EQ2, but I really can't see why you guys would play such an inferior product. Maybe you were like me, and think it will get better at level 60. Well it doesn't, trust me. Quit now and join WoW, and I GAURENTEE you wil have more fun.

I just don't get it. Why would some one cook up a story like that over a frivalous purchase! Its a game, this is just plain rediculous now. Drok, whoever you are, all you did was hurt yourself, no one else. And for what, a computer game. Makes a lot of sense.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

although i don't particularly like either WoW or EQ2, that was hilarious. just shows what length trolls, nae, ignorant stupid trolls will go to just to bash a game. c'mon people, if you are going to make up a fake testimonial/bash of a game, do at least a little research.

Make of it what you will.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

ROFLMAO !!!!!

Now let me just clean up the iced tea I just spit all over my screen.

Mods, we really need a classics section, and this post should be enshrined as the first one in it.

ROFL ... made my day image

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Oh god ahhaha oh shit. I soon as I saw the subject line I pissed myself. Nothing funnier then when a fanboy gets exposed.

Good Idea Wickes about the classics. We could also put in that guy that said he was a level 40 rogue.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

That post was just sad. I don't even play EQ2, and I knew that there are only 50 levels.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Lol, this reminds me of someone who said they were a lvl 50 scout or something. These WoW fanboys are getting pretty smart now, they almost had me.

Wait he already said it, lvl 40 rogue ::::02::

• the_ryhmethe_ryhme Member Posts: 54

wait wait, let me clam down and catch my breath..........................................

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA!

OHH my stomach! it hurts to much, i can't move! i think i burst my spleen from laughing to much!

thats a classic! Nice one Drok image

By the way you owe me a new spleen! image

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Wow, yeah that was great. Thank you for making my day Drok. I started reading it thinking there was something wrong with it and then it hit me and I remembered it only goes to lvl 50. lol ::::28::

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• AutomanAutoman Member Posts: 34

Cant................stop............laughing....

thank you so much  drok ...you made my morning totally awsome .

- Actually, your wrong pirrg - En1gma

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

First as someone that plays both EQ2 and WoW ,I feel the need to apolgize for this... whatever he is.

I am currently on EU beta and can assure you that this kind of person is a rarity in WoW(at least EU one).

There are 2 explainations for this post

a)its a joke post

b)its made by someone who is even too stupid to make simpe research into a game and know that EQ2 has only 50 levels  before lying here.This knocks off the "i am level 40 rogue and hate EQ2" lying post we had a few weeks back.

But really i am sure its a joke post come on no one can be this stupid as not to have at least donw basic research on a game before lying can they?

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

I don't know herc it kinda seems genuine to me. Though you could be right. It wouldn't be the first time someone was caught lying so it's a but hard to tell.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

Originally posted by Wickes
    ROFLMAO !!!!!
    Now let me just clean up the iced tea I just spit all over my screen.
    Mods, we really need a classics section, and this post should be enshrined as the first one in it.
    ROFL ... made my day image

i completely agree, except the guy who said he played a level 40 rogue (which you cannot do)should be the first .

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

LOL!

Good try EQ2 fanboi!

WoW fanboi are quite dumb, but not that dumb...this is obviously an EQ2 fanboi that pose as a WoW fanboi and try to make WoW lovers look bad!  If your account was more then 2 weeks old, maybe I could have believe you where really loving WoW and trashing EQ2, but nah, you are a POSEUR!

ROFL.

Dont be afraid, I delete WoW after 15 hours, and althought I dont plan on playing EQ2 anytime soon, I didnt delete it...yet!  I mean, 10 CDs...what if they change overnight?  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• SaragothSaragoth Member Posts: 84

Your pretty funny and obviously have never played the game, since the max level is only 50..

/cheers

SG

Originally posted by Wickes
    BTW, Saragoth, it's just a guess ... but I'd bet you were banned for bad language.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Actually Drok represents the intelligent part of the WoW fanbois.

His mind is a dark abyss of nothingness sure, but among his kind he is a brigth ligth around wich other empty heads swarms.

Oh god I would hate to be him, allthough ignorance is bliss, there is such a thing as to much bliss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

Wow Rules the mmorpg world. It's the best - tradeskillz = awesome

PVP = great so far and going to get way better when battlegrounds comes out!

gameplay = awesome - in general the game is just fun. Blizzard - hats off to ya - I love those treasure chests that are sitting out in dungeons or in interesting areas on the maps. It's cool to run into a treasure every now and then.

I play an orc hunter (48 orc hunter - Mojojojo - Gorefiend server) - I feel like this is the way rangers shoulda been on eq - I played eq for years - played a ranger - after 2ish years of play I shoulda realized the ranger sux but, I thought eq dev team would eventually make rangers worthwhile... never ever ever happens in the 3 years that I played. Hunter = it's revenge of the ranger! I was weak on eq and now I am all powerful!!! - hunters are not all powerful but, if you have skillz (like I do) then you can be a nightmare in the open plains - forests etc.

eq - you owe me a refund - eq2 - holy cow you owe me double my money back

Sony - pay up - you delivered a huge let down....

Mentat

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by Imperatorian

People like you give us WoW players a bad name. Seriously, why is every rabid fanboy trying to convince everybody to get WoW? Let everybody play their own game and like it. I've played EQ2 for two weeks, I found out it wasn't for me. Big deal, I can still see why other people would prefer EQ2 over WoW.

Live and let live.

I dunno exactly what a fanboy is but, I may be one for WoW - I've played eq, eq2, CoH, AO, Shattered Galaxies, runescape etc etc. What I find is that WoW is the best mmorpg since the 1st year of eq1. It's just great, that's all I can say (I don't wanna get hit with a downgrade of member status so I'm trying hard not to slam eq2). But, I paid my $50 for eq2 so I should get ta slam it a little for sucking. I wasted my money, I played it for a few days and it was just too weak. I hoped it wouldn't be. All I wanted was a revamped eq1 that I could be a pioneer in - that way I could be one of the a hole elitest types (basically what's left of the eq community). But, noOOOooo, they had ta redo the whole game - concentrated WAY too hard on graphics when they shoulda been focusing on gameplay.

Mentat

• Saren42Saren42 Member UncommonPosts: 94

dude, you sur eyou where playing EQ 2? casue i EQ 2 has tons of gameplay, and elements, it isn't SOE's fault you can't look for them or don't liek who they did things, i personaly love EQ 1 and EQ 2, and i will keep playing both as long as i can. i am not tryign to flame you for stating your opinions, i may not like them, but i will damn well fight to the death your right to say them, i just don't get why some peopel have ot be jackasses about this whole thing, i mena, some poeple need ot get a life, an dyou, well, you state dyour opinionin a calm rational, no flaming way, which is somehting i can appreate, even if i don't agree, thak you for doign such a thing::::28::

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Mentat

Originally posted by Imperatorian

Live and let live.

I dunno exactly what a fanboy is but, I may be one for WoW - I've played eq, eq2, CoH, AO, Shattered Galaxies, runescape etc etc. What I find is that WoW is the best mmorpg since the 1st year of eq1. It's just great, that's all I can say (I don't wanna get hit with a downgrade of member status so I'm trying hard not to slam eq2). But, I paid my $50 for eq2 so I should get ta slam it a little for sucking. I wasted my money, I played it for a few days and it was just too weak. I hoped it wouldn't be. All I wanted was a revamped eq1 that I could be a pioneer in - that way I could be one of the a hole elitest types (basically what's left of the eq community). But, noOOOooo, they had ta redo the whole game - concentrated WAY too hard on graphics when they shoulda been focusing on gameplay.

Mentat

Well you have every right to your review and comments but might i suggest you troll and praise in another thread because the original poster has ruined any credibility of this post.

So basically if you want people not to try EQ2 let this post die because anyone who has not tried this game and views this post and all the laughs over the obvious lies by "the level 60" EQ2 bored player will already disregard any trolling made afterwards.

So basically make your own troll (hopefully a better one then this one but hard to get worse) thread or find one thats not a laughing stock.But keeping this thread up only reinforces why people should try EQ2 .

This discussion has been closed.