Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2X impact on regular servers and DoV expansion.

AesperAesper Member UncommonPosts: 90

Hey all. Thinking about coming back. Has the regular servers seen a huge hit from EQ2X? Which is more populated? Are there still plenty of groups doing raid content and helping others with mythics, etc?

How has DoV panned out from a vets perspective?

Thanks in advance. :)

EVE Online player since 2007.

"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Oliver Goldsmith

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I no longer play on the live servers and have not since last year when EQ2X launched

- so no comment there

EQ2Live did recently announce their new 14 day trial for the Live servers

http://eq2wire.com/2011/08/25/everquest-ii-launches-free-14-day-trial/

which includes all content through SF

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I play on the extended servers, and on several occasions people in my guilds have talked about upgrading to gold memberships so they could transfer their characters over to the extended.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I'm on X as well because there are so many people playing. Other than the race restrictions and knowing what can be bought for cash there is no difference with a gold package from live. The biggest difference you'll see is how many more people are around >90.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I would love to play on the extended servers except I have so many crafters on the Unrest server. If I start on the extended I have to make new crafters again and level them up again. That would ruin me in terms of health from all the time I have to spend crafting and by the time I am satisfied with my crafting Ievels I would be fed up of the game.

That will simply not do .I need one to make food ,a provisioner,one for armour and one carpenter at least for my house.  So how will I manage this is exactly .Are the crafted spells and weapons and stuff of a reasonable price on the server ?

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Antonia bayle server is almost always full

Originally posted by kitarad

Are the crafted spells and weapons and stuff of a reasonable price on the (EQ2X) server ?

most players are not gold subscribers  - so many spell masters under level 60 are cheap

ever since Game update 61, treasured gear is almost as good as legendary so gear is not an issue

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

live server is still quite populated but eq2x is packed even noob areas.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

They should make all the servers free to play.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Aesper

Hey all. Thinking about coming back. Has the regular servers seen a huge hit from EQ2X? Which is more populated? Are there still plenty of groups doing raid content and helping others with mythics, etc?

How has DoV panned out from a vets perspective?

Thanks in advance. :)

If you want to group for dungeon at level 35, live servers are nearly deserted while eq2x servers are likely to have people at all level ranges..

If you're level 90 and want to do level 90 stuff and get level 90 rewards and play with veterans of the game, then live is the only place to be.

DoV is meh.   It's been a compelete clusterf**k in terms of gear revamp and gameplay mechanics, however, SOE is finally getting around to fixing it.   Content-wise it's actually been a great expac.  There are more raids than ever and they are more accessible than ever.  Public Quests have made it super-easy for even the gimpiest noobs to get into passable gear for raids and instances, so it's helped with the entry barrier a lot.  There lots of group zones and they vary in difficulty from super-easy to "hard even for the hardcore".  

It's getting toward the end of the expac though, so the number of instance groups has dwindled as it always does by this point in the expac.   I think a lot of people will be rolling Beastlords once that expac hits in November.  It'll be interesting to see how the new expansion model (expac = "features, no content", updates = "content") works.  I know a lot of people are thinking "Wtf, no new zones, what kinda expac is this?!"  but at the same time, SOE has shown that they can add zones (content) on a regular basis, which may turn out ok.   I am not sure where we're all gonna get the extra 50AAs given there are no new zones...but /shrug.  (Realistically, i think everyone will get their AAs in Chelsith again).

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by arieste

I am not sure where we're all gonna get the extra 50AAs given there are no new zones...but /shrug.  (Realistically, i think everyone will get their AAs in Chelsith again).

last x2 exp weekend,

I made 150 aa doing the Splitpaw crawler nest  as a level 90 cronoed to 50

(and having Vitality heh)

normally, Splitpaw crawler nest is only 1 aa per 30minutes but its the best solo grind spot I know of

during x2 bonus exp promotions,  AE dps classes can make 10 aa/hour soloing that splitpaw instance

SOE nerfed Chelsith goos - they no longer give experience