Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely disgusting..

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by jpnz

Welcome to the INTERNET OP.

Any game with a large playerbase will have its share of bad apples. That's why you have the 'ignore' button.

Oh yes lets justify it i love it.. either way as i've mentioned when you have to ignore 2-3 players out of 5 per game it kinda leads to problems. The pure concentration of filth in this game is obscene.. more so than this internet everyone keeps speaking of as i assume the concentration is quite a bit less.. but hey i'm new to the internet.

So that said sure a large playerbase is obviously going to have more of everything however that doesn't mean it won't have the majority of one thing.

A community with 15M registered accounts is going to have bad apples.

Name another game/community with that many and lets see.

WoW had/has 11M-13M. Think that community is better?

Or what about Youtube? That popular video website.

Or what about Facebook? 

It sucks but you can't have 'all nice people' all the time in a community that size. Heck, you can't have all 'nice people' in a RL city with a population of 10M+.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

i don't give a damn about the others i do whatever i enjoy doing/picking etc.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

I see you have never played HoN, LoL is pretty much a paragon of social etiquette next to that.

Still, if you're new your number one priority should be to read guides on your chosen champion and practising 1on1 vs bots in a custom game to learn what your hero can do. Arm yourself with knowledge and people will see that you're at least trying to get better.

Only rager i've met turned out to be a decent guy once i told him that i was mistakenly following an outdated guide, after the advice he gave me i still think of him as a nice player even if he shouted at me for a bit.

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82

Although most of the ragers Ive encounterd are nothing more than kids that I believe are just there to rage n fight not to play, I have encountered many newb palyers that havent taken proper time and used the proper venues to learn the game.  I can see how certain personalities would not tolerate others half-assed approach to the game.  

There are many players in higher lvl games that have never played the tutorial, a bot game or even a custom match.  Apparently ppl jus install in jump staight into PVP.  I dont get it.  I cut my teeth on endless hours of Bot games and custom games so when I entered PVP into ranked, I knew the game, the champs and the strategies.  

BTW, I dont rage.

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

I rage. I'm not going to lie. I'm a married 27yr College Graduate with a good job and a good pay check. I rage like hell in LoL.

Why? Because, some people just suck. In this sort of game, it's not like WoW PVP where one guy sucks and you can still pull through and not really have a problem, no that one guy sucking can ruin the entire match for all 4 players. 

At the lower levels I could understand. I've went back on a couple Smurfs to help friends learn the game and I was OK with people sucking there. I helped them out, told them what to do, and all was kosher.

But, when you're level 30, you should know what to do. You've already spent about 100hrs playing the game and if you still suck as bad as some people suck after that much time in a game, why the hell do you even play? What is the point? You're terrible. Just quit and stop wasting other people's time. 

Now, I understand what the OP has said about the champs constantly changing. I kinda like it. I have taken breaks for months at a time and came back and picked it all up pretty quickly. I've spent over $75 on Skins since I started playing and I don't own a single double skin. I honestly don't think I play a single one of those champs anymore, becuase they have changed them in a way that doesn't fit my play style. No big deal, I'll just move on to another one that I do like.

Like Nunu. :( RIP Grungy Nunu. I miss you bud. 

• tumper92tumper92 Member UncommonPosts: 92

couldent agree more ! thats so truth. 

Ppl who sucks. get out of the game, cause your team cant make it on its own, if u have a feeder or something like that. Thats only in WOW u can do that. But tho, i cant rage if a idiot is feeding in a Normal game. but if its in a Ranked, damn ! im burning down he's house lol (:

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I think I will play this game just to make my team die now so I can cause nerd rage.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

I forget, is there still an official option to report people for playing badly?

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I think I will play this game just to make my team die now so I can cause nerd rage.

If you want to do that, then you need to play HoN. You are thrown in with general population there. The HoN Community rages a whole of a hell lot more than the LoL Community does. HoN's biggest downfall is it's community.

In LoL, you have levels. It takes about 80 wins and 80 losses to make level 30. If you had nothing but losses, I'm sure it would take somewhere between 200-300 losses. Level 30s only play with level 30s (sometimes the occassional 28, 29 in Normal mode).

If you want to do the math. A game lasts anywhere from 20minutes to 75minutes, averaging at around 45minutes. If you care enough to play that much, then go for it. I'll see you in game sometime in the next decade.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by drazzah

You were probably just in the same game as me! Haha, Welcome to the new LoL. Everyone on this game pretty much plays with a huge ego, and mostly the reason a lot of people act like this is because they know they will lose if just one person on their team is bad. Now im not saying your bad, but by saying "gimme a sec, im a returning player" labels you as a NOOB to them so that just sets them off.

This is exaclty why i usually play with a premade of 3 - 5 of my friends and just ignore the ringers.

I only touch games like with with team mates so I'm with drazzah.

Find a clan of like minded players. There's a lot of methodical players out there who use that mindset to their advantage. It gives the ADD kiddies something to chew on.

Plus, as it's probably been said before so I'll reiterate, these games aren't for the wolf packs of one.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• TorriganTorrigan Member UncommonPosts: 13

Well my own personal experience with the game so far, I've maybe come across 4-5 "bad apples." I guess I've just been lucky, cause I solo queue a lot. I do prefer to group up with friends and some of the good people I've met along the way through solo'ing. Sorry the OP got in to a few games with some egomaniacal kids, shouldn't write off the game for that reason however, just my two cents ;)

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,180

Let me clarify some things, i didn't quickly write off the game.. i have 250ish games played. I was just simply returning to see the new mode and some changes.. as i have done in the past.

IF you're a new player then you play against mostly new players or people trolling the low level ranges so your most likely not going to get near as many ragers as the level 30 cap.

Now for the people saying grind bot games.. first off it isn't offered for dominion. Second unless it changed after i played around the mayish timeline you were limited against what you could fight. So learning the basics was an option but learning everything else not so much.

So that said, i pick a game up to play and have fun.. if you're a slow learning do the tutorial and smash some skulls tada. It isn't acceptable to think that a player should have to goto a guide read it for weeks on end learn all the counters and abilities of each champ AND then when he/she are done they can play.

Only time new players or bad players become an issue is when they feed or don't assist.. anything other than that doesn't warrant "Corrective actions".

Frustration happens in games there is no denying that. however letting it get to the point that you tell someone to kill themselves because they in your opinion fail at life really means you need to step away for awhile and possibly reavaluated some things. Degrading the well being of another person can never be justified so please stop trying. The whole arguement well it happens in other games and there is an ignore feature.. is stupid and still does not make it acceptable. For some people the damage is already done and it is far to late.

A lot of impressionable people play games and are easily swayed into believing half the filth that is dumped on them. Here it enough somethings you think if you're the odd one and it should be acceptable to treat people in the same fashion that you once didn't enjoy.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Think you gotta look at it from both sides.

As much as they ruin your gaming experience by raging you started ruining their gaming experience by losing the game for them.

Its a really competetive game and people play to win. If you suck I dont want you on my team.

Originally posted by psyknx

As much as they ruin your gaming experience by raging you started ruining their gaming experience by losing the game for them.

Its a really competetive game and people play to win. If you suck I dont want you on my team.

Exactly.

Hence why one of the more common rages is "please uninstall". People don't want you playing the game. They rage for the sole fact to make you not like the game so they, or someone else, won't have to suffer you being on their team again.

When I rage, I always look at their game history. Usually, those people I rage at have terrible histories and match up to what I said. It's not very often I rage at someone who just had a bad game. 

After level 15, If you're constantly ending games with:

under 5 kills | over 10 deaths | under 10 assists

I don't understand why you continue to play. Please, just uninstall the game and find something else you're good at because it's NOT LoL. 

• rgb192x3rgb192x3 Member Posts: 3

I don't get nearly as much grief as most of the people here seem to. Sure every couple of games I get an asshole, or a bad, but for the most part that's a risk you take. Especially in solo queue.

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82

I agree.  Laning with a bad is even worse completely ruins a game.  And Ill take a step further by adding that I actually enjoy games where neither team has bads.  Those are the best.  Equally matched teams, 10 players that actually KNOW the dos and donts. And maybe, maybe even maybe use a lil strategy along the way.

BTW, can we just call MIAs plz.  Is it that hard ppl really?...

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by HardWalker

Exactly.

Hence why one of the more common rages is "please uninstall". People don't want you playing the game. They rage for the sole fact to make you not like the game so they, or someone else, won't have to suffer you being on their team again.

When I rage, I always look at their game history. Usually, those people I rage at have terrible histories and match up to what I said. It's not very often I rage at someone who just had a bad game. 

I don't understand why you continue to play. Please, just uninstall the game and find something else you're good at because it's NOT LoL. 

Hey, maybe instead of raging like an immature little shit, you could oh, I don't know, offer some tips and advice? Maybe actually HELP the noobs become better? But no, I guess that would be too much to ask of obvious LoL GODS such as yourselves. You were obviously NEVER new to this game, and NEVER sucked balls at it, right?

Yet another couple of examples here as to exactly what is WRONG with LoL's community.

• sanman7890sanman7890 Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Exactly.

Hey, maybe instead of raging like an immature little shit, you could oh, I don't know, offer some tips and advice? Maybe actually HELP the noobs become better? But no, I guess that would be too much to ask of obvious LoL GODS such as yourselves. You were obviously NEVER new to this game, and NEVER sucked balls at it, right?

Yet another couple of examples here as to exactly what is WRONG with LoL's community.

Offering legitimate tips or advice results in angst and rage about being an elitist prick or assuming you're a better player than them just as often as it results in a thank you in my experience.

Doesn't stop me from trying to help people though.  I also like to train my friends when I have the time in skype.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 758

I don't understand.  Is it really that hard to make 2-4 friends to queue up with?  On either end of the spectrum of being the asshole or being the guy that doesn't say anything and just wants to roll it out?  I honestly ignore 95% of any comments regarding my playstyle.  If I'm sucking cause I am playing a new champ, sucks to be my teammate that game.  You took that chance in a solo que.  If I'm smashing face and your sucking, oh well, I took that chance.

Maybe its just mean, but I do not understand why people are astonished by the mentality of players playing these types of games.  Ever do a 2v2 in starcraft?  Rage if you start to lose.  How about random instances?  See a pattern.  Know the cure for this pattern?  Make friends and play together.

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

Originally posted by Aori

Let me clarify some things, i didn't quickly write off the game.. i have 250ish games played. I was just simply returning to see the new mode and some changes.. as i have done in the past.

IF you're a new player then you play against mostly new players or people trolling the low level ranges so your most likely not going to get near as many ragers as the level 30 cap.

Now for the people saying grind bot games.. first off it isn't offered for dominion. Second unless it changed after i played around the mayish timeline you were limited against what you could fight. So learning the basics was an option but learning everything else not so much.

So that said, i pick a game up to play and have fun.. if you're a slow learning do the tutorial and smash some skulls tada. It isn't acceptable to think that a player should have to goto a guide read it for weeks on end learn all the counters and abilities of each champ AND then when he/she are done they can play.

Only time new players or bad players become an issue is when they feed or don't assist.. anything other than that doesn't warrant "Corrective actions".

Frustration happens in games there is no denying that. however letting it get to the point that you tell someone to kill themselves because they in your opinion fail at life really means you need to step away for awhile and possibly reavaluated some things. Degrading the well being of another person can never be justified so please stop trying. The whole arguement well it happens in other games and there is an ignore feature.. is stupid and still does not make it acceptable. For some people the damage is already done and it is far to late.

A lot of impressionable people play games and are easily swayed into believing half the filth that is dumped on them. Here it enough somethings you think if you're the odd one and it should be acceptable to treat people in the same fashion that you once didn't enjoy.

ehem.... this

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

LOL is very low on patience and has a pretty bad community overall :/

But if you make a few friends and group it does help as noted.

For my part I went in to see Dominion recently.  I  play Sona main, played her most by far, other than her I play Janna, Karma, Orianna, see a pattern? LOL   As someone who played almost entirely support Dominion has a learning curve to it.  I suddenly find myself queuing up as Cho'Gath a lot since he is about the only champion I have who can hold his own in constant 1v1 or small scale skirmishes.

People yell and yell there to easily.  I said flat out in my 1st game, first time on here and get ZOMG CHO wtf where are you going :P  Ok that is a bit of a lie, actually won my first two games on Dominion really easy.  But my 3rd game we got destroyed and I was getting yelled at for playing Orianna :P

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

try different server

i play eune as main but when it was offline, i made account on america. i sucked terribly one of my early matches, but ppl were very patient, which was amazing to me. they kept giving advices and saying "its ok, you will learn"

there is still hope dude. besides u can always report those dicks for offensive language (which does nothing at all but u may feel better after this"

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• MalkosMalkos Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by sanman7890

Exactly.

Offering legitimate tips or advice results in angst and rage about being an elitist prick or assuming you're a better player than them just as often as it results in a thank you in my experience.

Doesn't stop me from trying to help people though.  I also like to train my friends when I have the time in skype.

This.

Try offering advice to someone in ANY competative game. Unless theyre an actual happy-go-lucky person or are really trying to learn the game, they well spit back in your face and yell at you for "telling them what to do"

As for the level 15 bar on when to "start judging people" its actually a good spot. To get to level 15 you need  probably 30~50 games. Each game takes 30 minutes to 1 hour. There is also a VERY indepth tutorial that you can play as many times as you want.

If you dont know what a hero does, thats fine. But if you dont have some grasp of the basics of the game by that time then you need to actually reevaluate how youre playing entirely.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Malkos

Originally posted by sanman7890

Exactly.

This.

Try offering advice to someone in ANY competative game. Unless theyre an actual happy-go-lucky person or are really trying to learn the game, they well spit back in your face and yell at you for "telling them what to do"

As for the level 15 bar on when to "start judging people" its actually a good spot. To get to level 15 you need  probably 30~50 games. Each game takes 30 minutes to 1 hour. There is also a VERY indepth tutorial that you can play as many times as you want.

If you dont know what a hero does, thats fine. But if you dont have some grasp of the basics of the game by that time then you need to actually reevaluate how youre playing entirely.

The idea that LoL players are too mean is hilarious.   You have people who try and people who don't and/or are terrible and don't know it.

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

I have been playing all sorts of game genres for over 13 years, prowling forums, and feeding off the internet. With that said...

League of Legends (my first DoTA / MOBA game, surprisingly) has the worst, most disgusting community of any game I have ever played. Not the forum community, but the in-game community.

It is so bad, that the very people who are the problem (an endless army of 13 year old children from the US, and brazillian / korean players who always seem to be adults), despite RIOT GAME's idiotic way to try to get rid of these trolls, are the very people who ban legitimate, mature players. I realize this sounds very racist, but I have been threatened without reason or provocation by korean or brazillian players, who always state they are above the age of 23+. Those from the US, almost always seem to be 15-17, although sometimes in their early twenties. Rarely, rarely, will I find someone above the age of 23, who is not foreign.

These children and immature players will report en mass, insuring that even if they are falsified reports, any player they target WILL be banned, regardless of payment to RIOT GAMES.

When FREE collides with POPULAR, and the teenagers swarm in like the Scourge, the game is no longer worth playing due to being infested with something far worse than a zombie virus.

I have a hard stomach and a thick skin due to having so much experience with the internet...

Yet this in-game community disgusts me beyond comprehension.