Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview/Preview of PvP and higher level PvE

DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview

"Right now, almost all of the major systems are in the game, playable and working, and we're mostly just iterating on things like how skills unlock. That's something that we've been play testing a lot - we're close to alpha and we're looking for feedback."

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Do want.

Thanks for the link.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

I thought Alpha has already been.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by InFlamestwo

I thought Alpha has already been.

Yea, Colin probably meant beta.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Great i especially like the mention of other competitive maps and games, that's really great they are not stopping it at one map and game type. And i liked the way they talked about dungeons, D&D dungeons image

• ZillenZillen Member Posts: 141

I'm really looking forward to the PvP in this game. It could all turn out to be candy-coated lies, but I hunger for PvP in an MMO that doesn't require:

a) The ability to mash buttons at the speed of light

b) A faster internet connection than your opponent

and c) An overpowered paladin on your team

Skill should be at the core of PvP. I look back at Roman times, when gladiators fought in the arena. They sure didn't have healing spells or "purples" to help them out;

it was all about the skill.

The World v World PvP is something I'll definitely participate in; Three Servers competing sounds absolutely epic on a massive scale, and will be something that everyone can have fun within.

But if the competetive and tournament-based PvP actually gives players an equal chance of winning, then this game will have my loyalty until the MMO industry burns down.

I'm really sick of the whole "There's a massive fanbase for X", or "Y would be a WoW-killer if it just had a chance".

There is no massive conspiracy waiting in the MMO playerbase.

There are no "sleeper-agent fans" waiting to convert once the X or Y is unleashed on the world.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Freakin Out With It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!