Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speculation: What planets will be added to the game after launch?

I was thinking about all the planets that the devs have said will be in TOR at launch, and it got me wondering what planets might be added after launch.

There are currently 17 planets slated to be in the game at launch: Tython, Korriban, Hutta, Ord Mantell, Coruscant, Balmorra, Alderaan, Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, Taris, Belsavis, Voss, Hoth, Nars Shaddaa, Corellia, Ilum, and Quesh.

I'm hoping that future planets include Dagobah, Dantooine, Geonosis, and Kashyyyk.

What planets do you guys hope or think will be in the game?

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Kashyyyk is kind of a classic in my opinion and I'm sure many at Bioware have a soft spot for the place too. I'd enjoy going on hunting parties for Czerka corp and round up some Wookie slaves and maybe fighting it out with some mad claws on the jungle floor.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

I would love to see Naboo, Dantooine and ofcourse Dathomir (Rancor hunting anyone!! :) ).

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I would guess anything that featured in KOTOR 1 or 2 and is not already there, so off the top of my head - Kashyyyk, Telos, Dantooine, perhaps Onderon and Dxun. I doubt we'll see Manaan though, as it would be difficult to do a water world.

I'd be willing to bet they don't add any SWG planets as they would want to avoid comparisons so doubt we'll see the likes of Dathomir, Lok, Endor etc.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Vonatar

I would guess anything that featured in KOTOR 1 or 2 and is not already there, so off the top of my head - Kashyyyk, Telos, Dantooine, perhaps Onderon and Dxun. I doubt we'll see Manaan though, as it would be difficult to do a water world.

I'd be willing to bet they don't add any SWG planets as they would want to avoid comparisons so doubt we'll see the likes of Dathomir, Lok, Endor etc.

I totally want to see Manaan in the game.

And they've already added SWG worlds like Corellia and Tatooine so I don't think they're worried about that. I remember when Carellia was revealed to be in the game, there was a huge thread here comparing the two. Apart from a few die hard SWG vets, most people agreed that Bioware's Corellia looked way better than SOE's.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Another vote for Kashyyyk here, I loived running around there in Kotor. And extra Wookiees can never be a bad thing!

Originally posted by Xondar123

And they've already added SWG worlds like Corellia and Tatooine so I don't think they're worried about that. I remember when Carellia was revealed to be in the game, there was a huge thread here comparing the two. Apart from a few die hard SWG vets, most people agreed that Bioware's Corellia looked way better than SOE's.

Well yeah, I want to see Manaan too, but other than Ahto City I'm not sure how they could implement it. You would have to spend the whole time swimming or in a sub or enviro suit.

I meant SWG worlds that are not central to the storyline, of course we have to have Corellia and Tatooine, but the others I mentioned are probably not so relevant so would expect they'll go in a different direction than planets we had in SWG. I even doubt we'll see Naboo since it's relevant in the future, but not so much in era of TOR.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Mustafar

However, I doubt it will be added.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

I don't see why. Comparisons are already happening and totally unavoidable. No matter what.

And as someone else already said. They already added planets that existed in SWG too.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Manaan I doubt we will see. Didn't the only city there sink? Would be cool to explore the ruins underwater though.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I don't see why. Comparisons are already happening and totally unavoidable. No matter what.

And as someone else already said. They already added planets that existed in SWG too.

I doubt the majority of people playing this game will even know that SWG existed and the few that do wont care. The only ones making comparisons are people hard up against TOR for not making SWG 2.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by ktanner3

I doubt the majority of people playing this game will even know that SWG existed and the few that do wont care. The only ones making comparisons are people hard up against TOR for not making SWG 2.

But people do remember the movies. So a lot of people will be able to relate to planets like Naboo and Endor.

The huts are around during TOR timeline... so I do not see any reason as to why the Naboo races cannot be around during TOR timeline as well.

Remember the old temples of the Gungans on Naboo? That have a long long history on that planet and lived above the ground in old times (long before the TOR timeline), before moving underwater at a later point in time.

The Gungans were in a war with the "elders" more than 7000 BBY and were forced to retreat under water.

The first humans arived roughly 4000 BBY to Naboo.

For reference. The SW:TOR timeline is Between 3,643 BBY and 3,641 BBY

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I would give both of my nuts to not ever have to see a gungan in this game.

As to Dathomir.

Read this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomir

As you can see. Dathomir had already spacefaring species 100.000 BBY.

Rancors were already recorded and lived on Dathomir 30.000 BBY.

So again... I do not see why Bioware cannot add Dathomir as planet and have us all go Rancor hunting! :-P

Since Bioware has so much creative freedom with the setting of the game, I would much rather see new planets (like they did with the KOTOR series) than recreate ones we know all about. I would personally see the appearance of Dathomir etc. in TOR as a lazy move by Bioware. Hell, even though it features in The Force Unleased series I would rather see Felucia than the same old same old.

Originally posted by Naral

Can. Nolt. Agree. More.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

+1 for Dantooine (never thought SWG Dantooine fit any other description of it I saw in books, etc.)

+1 for Dathomir     WOOT Rancor hunting!!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I was thinking about all the planets that the devs have said will be in TOR at launch, and it got me wondering what planets might be added after launch.

There are currently 17 planets slated to be in the game at launch: Tython, Korriban, Hutta, Ord Mantell, Coruscant, Balmorra, Alderaan, Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, Taris, Belsavis, Voss, Hoth, Nars Shaddaa, Corellia, Ilum, and Quesh.

I'm hoping that future planets include Dagobah, Dantooine, Geonosis, and Kashyyyk.

What planets do you guys hope or think will be in the game?

I don't want any of those four planets as they are cliche for me.

I would love a multi-planet PVP massive warzone.

I would love a multi-planet solo campaign.

I would love a multi-planet endgame raid campaign.

I would love more zones added to the starting planets for higher level players.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Since Bioware has so much creative freedom with the setting of the game, I would much rather see new planets (like they did with the KOTOR series) than recreate ones we know all about. I would personally see the appearance of Dathomir etc. in TOR as a lazy move by Bioware. Hell, even though it features in The Force Unleased series I would rather see Felucia than the same old same old.

I agree with you to a certain extent, and I think Bioware does to. I think they said that one fun thing about TOR is that they can make planets that where mentioned in a single line in some obscure Star Wars novel and flesh it out to be a fully realized and complete planet for the game.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Can. Nolt. Agree. More.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gungan's didn't learn to walk on two legs yet, or let alone, discover fire or the wheel in this particular timeframe, (knowing how stereotypically stupid they are thousands of years later).

I'd love to roam around on that Ewok planet, though. Possibly combined with a to be added lumberjack profession.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Just got off the phone with Bioware. They say that deal is acceptable.

:: hands Naral a pair of sharp scissors and a waterproof envelope ::

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Originally posted by DarkPony

Can. Nolt. Agree. More.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gungan's didn't learn to walk on two legs yet, or let alone, discover fire or the wheel in this particular timeframe, (knowing how stereotypically stupid they are thousands of years later).

I'd love to roam around on that Ewok planet, though. Possibly combined with a to be added lumberjack profession.

I will only agree to Endor if I can mercilessly slaughter and punt Ewoks everywhere!

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Agricola1

Kashyyyk is kind of a classic in my opinion and I'm sure many at Bioware have a soft spot for the place too. I'd enjoy going on hunting parties for Czerka corp and round up some Wookie slaves and maybe fighting it out with some mad claws on the jungle floor.

This was the first planet to come to mind as well hopefully we'll see it since I heard Lucas can be kind of sensitive with Wookies (in all fairness what I thought it was is wookie couldn't be jedi but I could be wrong).

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I would love to see Naboo, Dantooine and ofcourse Dathomir (Rancor hunting anyone!! :) ).

Yeah, I'd love to visit Naboo and Dantooine again, too. I am sure TOR will add new planets. I am not sure which tho. Dantooine already played a role in the Old Republic days, but I am not sure about Naboo.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by DarkPony

Can. Nolt. Agree. More.

I will only agree to Endor if I can mercilessly slaughter and punt Ewoks everywhere!

Strange, I was thinking the exact same thing about the Gungans.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

I can't or am not going to live with any false expectations... with respect to content in or out of the game.

The only expectation I have is that more content gets added on a regular basis and that includes additional planets, which is a basic request that will happen.

I would be surprised if additional; planets/partial planets are not already in game..... but lets wait and see thats the whole enjoyment of the game to come.

A planet for all intents and purposes is just another Zone so not hard to do , once they have a suitable environmental tile set available.