Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

all we know about archeage

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

cant take any credit for this.

this is a damn great read for those of you not fully caught up on everything AA is planning on offering

http://archeagesource.com/topic/26-all-that-we-know-about-archeage/

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Sebali

this is a damn great read for those of you not fully caught up on everything AA is planning on offering

I'm stoked for the game, but on taht just read that it says 50 v 50 man sieges is the goal...but could change based on tech. restraints, which means less.  I look at Darkfall, a dead game...and I still get more than 50 v 50 sieges...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Hanging out for this game,back playing vanguard and eq2 while waiting,wish a western developer would hurry up and grab this title as i feel a fair % of  the mmo community is waiting for somthing like this.

• FossilzFossilz Member Posts: 13

I can't wait!

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

This game is definetly going to be epic! I know it will get more lively around here when we get flooded with info and and the release date gets closer. So many people can't wait for this. I just wish it was almost released. My guess is at least another 12 months.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Cool. Never looked into AA's skill system yet. The freedom would be amazing but I think it could be very FOTM prone:

Picking the burst dps tree, the tanking tree and the healer or the crowd control tree sounds like it could be terribly OP. I'm curious how they will eventually deal with this. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up restricting our options to a longer list of premade combinations.

But the fact that you can change them (for a high price) and level all of them sounds really cool, in the character development department. Question: will you keep your progress in a skilltree you leveled but dropped for another one?

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by DarkPony Question: will you keep your progress in a skilltree you leveled but dropped for another one?

I **think** the answer is yes. as long as you use those skills in the respec.

what i mean is if say you are full templated at proffesions A B and C, you respec to A D F, you keep everything in A. say you respec again to A B K, you would still keep everything in A but have to retrain B again.

hope that makes sense. and again, im not 100% sure.

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Dropped by to let you all know that that topic is a little out of date now, but it's still a great resource. :)

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by afhn2110

I'm stoked for the game, but on taht just read that it says 50 v 50 man sieges is the goal...but could change based on tech. restraints, which means less.  I look at Darkfall, a dead game...and I still get more than 50 v 50 sieges...

You forget the fact that Darkfall sucks and looks like shit.   This game, using the new Crytek engine, will look amazing, and hopefully will not suck.  If that means we're limited to 50 vs 50, I'll take it!

Originally posted by czekoskwigel

Originally posted by afhn2110

You forget the fact that Darkfall sucks and looks like shit.   This game, using the new Crytek engine, will look amazing, and hopefully will not suck.  If that means we're limited to 50 vs 50, I'll take it!

If you have a beast machine (which I like DArkfall so much I bought one particularly for Darkfall, 4.33 gig, 10 gig ram, etc)  then the game looks pretty good actually.  Not saying its vanguard graphics...but they are good.  Darkfall far from sucks...its a great game...may not be the game for you, but its a great game partially because of great sieging.  50 v 50 is nothing, hell...you can get that in L2, RF Online, Darkfall, Mortal Online, etc...its just old news.  I'm hoping they were just throwing a number out there.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• HorActiHorActi Member Posts: 33

I really hope they don't limit sieges to 50vs50. They will spoil all the fun. It makes no sense in a sandbox game., after all. Where is the total freedom in a 50vs50 limited siege? 

As for Darkfall, that's mentioned above, I will say just one word: uplayable.

After 20-30 minutes (character creation excluded) I logged out and uninstalled it.

Originally posted by HorActi

I really hope they don't limit sieges to 50vs50. They will spoil all the fun. It makes no sense in a sandbox game., after all. Where is the total freedom in a 50vs50 limited siege? 

As for Darkfall, that's mentioned above, I will say just one word: uplayable.

After 20-30 minutes (character creation excluded) I logged out and uninstalled it.

yeap, 100% agreed...lets be honest...in current games 50 v 50 is not uncommon at all.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223

jake song did another interview and we get some more pieces of information:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/massively-exclusive-archeages-jake-song-on-consensual-pvp-inf/

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

good read