Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social MMo

nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70

Ave,

SO ive played a good majority of mmos especially in the last year. 90% of the time i end up leaving due to boredom that would easily be corrected by one factor. Social. SO my question is simple can anyone suggest a highly social mmo or a group within an mmo that is highly social?

Appreciatively,

Nica

Comments

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70

A game with an active playerbase is what im looking for. 

• CailaCaila Member Posts: 47

EVE Online has a very close community and a good easy to use chat system that is a lot like MSN in Space. It even has a built in voice server. So, so, so much better then the corner chat box which can not be resized, minimized or moved like in most MMO's. Find a large Corp and you will never be short of group activities, Raids, Group Missions, Mining, PVP Fleets, Exploration or just chating.

But you have to like EVE Gameplay which has a tough learning curve.

I appreciate the suggestion and agree with you thoroughly. Though i will be returning to eve in probably not to long it will be a bit. im looking for a nice...rpg type game.

• CailaCaila Member Posts: 47

I will rejoin EVE when the old hanger veiw returns. I will stay if the new expansion is all it is cracked up to be.

When you do get back feel free to drop me a line if I am Active, my main is Alara IonStorm.

same to you mine is Asesartan

• sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151

oh you mean active gotcha. because social mmo is more like IMVU or second life hehe. 

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

LotRO is often praised for its community, so that is always an option to explore.

I find that Vanguard also has a good community.  This could be due to the fact that grouping is a cornerstone of the game.  While there are solo quests (and certain classes are very good soloers), you will have more fun leveling in a group, whether it be a guild you find, whoever you can scrounge up from the region channels, or a group of IRL friends you can pull to the game.

Just make sure to go on the US server if you join Vanguard.  There's a running joke that the EU server has a nice, cozy four players on it at a time.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Highly social? I'd look into both Second Life and Lucent Heart.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

You could try Facebook.  I believe it can be classified loosely as an mmo these days.  F2p, members can be organized into groups, some picture and group content, minigames, etc.  They recently had 500 million users log in within a single 24 hour cycle, so extremely popular at the moment.

"There is...another..."  but it must remain nameless.  May the force be with you in your quest.

• IcegotenIcegoten Member UncommonPosts: 138

Yea I was going to say Second Life is very social.

Hmm thanks for everyones suggestions! Sadly i dont think facebook will work to fulfill my need however:) 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by nicarift

A game with an active playerbase is what im looking for. 

WoW, Rift, Aion are the big 3 subscription games in the western market at the moment.

Free 2 Play, I don't really know.  I see quite a bit of promotions for Runes of Magic.  There are so many others that it's all sort of a blur.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.