Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damage Reduction stacking?

Have a barbarian I have been playing who has damage reduction to physcal dmg reduction at 2/-, he pickedd up a adamanite medium armor breastplate that gives another 2/-.  When I look at the char sheet, it shows both 2/- twice.  I'm not sure if they are stacking or not.  It would b e more obvious if they showed 4/- or only one 2/-, but showing both 2/- on the char sheet makes me wonder if they are both being applied to each physical attack, reducing it by 2.  I guess the only real way to figure this out is to have someone with no str bonus use a normal dagger and attack me, should show whether its doing no dmg or 1-2 50% of the time in pvp.

==========================
The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Im pretty sure they stack, looking into it

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Damage Reduction

Damage Reduction (DR) is a measure of how much weapon damage a character can ignore before losing hit points. The DR value is subtracted from each incoming hit, to a minimum of zero damage received. If you have a DR 10 and get hit for 9 points of damage, you take no damage at all. If you have a DR 10 and get hit for 15 points of damage, you only take 5 points of damage. DR applies only to physical weapon damage, although there is a similar concept of Resist Energy that applies to energy/elemental damage from spells, enchanted weapons, and traps.

Passive DR is visible on your character sheet, or as buffs in your buff bar. Multiple DR entries may be listed on your sheet; only the highest one which is not bypassed by a particular attack's properties (like Adamantine) applies. The actual DR used against an attack is reported in the combat log as final/net damage dealt followed by damage reduced.

DR Aspects and Bypassing

Passive DR may be bypassed by the properties of a particular attack. Some forms of DR are vulnerable to materials (like Adamantine or Silver), alignments (like Chaos or Good), damage type (like Slashing), or just "magic". For DR that can be bypassed, the relevant property is listed after the number on the character sheet, in the form of "DR 6/Adamantine" or "DR 5/Evil". If there is no property which can bypass the DR, a "-" is listed instead.

Examples

He is hit with an Adamantine attack/weapon, which bypasses his DR6/Adamantine. But, he receives DR5/- from the Ironskin Chant.

The higher DR10/Adamantine replaces his own DR6/Adamantine until it runs out. [edit] Passive DR Sources

Passive DR can be provided from many sources, including:

These passive DR sources do not stack with each other; only the highest DR not overcome by the attack type is taken into account. But, if one type of DR is bypassed, a lower value DR from a different source can apply.

Active DR

Player characters (but not monsters, apparently) gain "Active DR" when they actively block by holding down the shift key. Active DR is displayed as "Blocking DR" in your inventory sheet. Active DR cannot be bypassed. Furthermore, Active DR stacks with any Passive DR (from the single, highest applicable source).

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    Thanks a lot for the info, this makes a lot of sense.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.