Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who cancelled their Christmas plans?

Well, did you? ;)

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

No.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I honestly hope no one did. Why not play in moderation? You don't have to get to endgame in a week.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Everyone who works at Bioware, that's who.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

I didn't.

I rarely see my father so i rather spend christmas with them than stay home playing. :)

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27

No, the game will still be there after Christmas :p

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

I plan to take my time and explore everywhere in every location I go to. Don't really need to cancel any plans cause I'm not going to ruin the game by powerleveling.

If you powerlevel in SW:TOR you're DOING IT WRONG.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    If someone is changing their real life plans around playing a game they are doing it wrong. Fact!

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• delimeat567delimeat567 Member Posts: 56

"Sorry ma, I won't be coming back for Christmas this year."

"Why not!?"

"Let's just say I will be far far away from here."

Played: SWG, SWG:NGE, EQ2, Vanguard, LotRO, WoW, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Mortal Online, Rift, Guild Wars, Fallen Earth, EVE Online, Ryzom, Dungeons and Dragons Online, World of Tanks, Aion, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I can't see many doing that just to play TOR, for most that's 3 or 4 days to play before they have to travel anyway.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Kyleran

If someone is changing their real life plans around playing a game they are doing it wrong. Fact!

I bet you did it in past. You just won't admit it.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Not changing plans at all, it will be there after new years.  But still interested to get to try it out a bit in beta to see if it lives up to things.

• CingeCinge Member Posts: 120

Someone with 13k+ post on a forum about MMORPGs is doing it wrong. Fact! :)
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Why do peoples always think that because it has a Star Wars name on it that it would be PHENOMENAL.  Fact is the game is as generic as generic can be.   I'm not cancleling anything for christmas, hell i'M not even buying the game on launch, i'll wait for reviews.

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

Uhm, not me, I have a family to think about. Not waste my whole christmas playing a game.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Hahah NO.  Who would change their holiday plans to play a video game?  (looks around guiltily)

The real trick is if you pre-ordered, to take the Early Access time (roughly 5-7 days early) off and try to give yourself space from the mob of incomming that'll happen on 12/20.  I'm by no means saying race to the endcap, just get far enough up to breathe during launch and not rub elbow to elbow with 3 million others.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

For me its not about playing it at xmass but getting it for xmass, as its all i really want to see wrapped up under the tree.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

IMO it's just choosing one work of fiction over another, no more no less.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

11 Vac days, 5 sick days and 3 lieu days left - and saving them ALL for the Holidays - which meand I'm off from the 14th (just in case early access starts that early) until the 10th of January.  Aside from family dinner on Christmas Day that I can't reasonably blow off (Although I do feel a flu bug coming on:D) No plans are being made except for TOR!

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Anyone working on the game probably had to.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Originally posted by pierth

IMO it's just choosing one work of fiction over another, no more no less.

Oooh, theology burn!

I wouldnt sacrifice your family time for a game, just imagine its a Life Day celebration, and all your family are wookees. Then, you can see RL as an ARG if your playing smuggler with wookee companion.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Im already off work for the Christmas holidays so I'm not only stoked, but im in early access also!

***Darth Rabbid prepares to engage the Jedi on 12-20-11!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Nope! Plans are as is. I'll still be playing a bit, but I won't be wholly preoccupied with it.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• ErolisErolis Member Posts: 54

I'm taking a vacation during that week now!

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

I don't celebrate christmas.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Was already going to be off Xmas week so I am good! Going to be playing TOR a lot with my son. We have been looking forward to this game for years now.