Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race Between D3 an T2 continues

Comments

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by Osedax

Wont matter we all know we will all be playing d3 reguardless. 

Speak for yourself.

D3 could come up in a week and only cost 8 $  I wouldn't touch it. 

There is no race between them one is made by the diablo devs and the other one made by greedy guys. 

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by Osedax

Wont matter we all know we will all be playing d3 reguardless. 

This is MMORPG.Com, the indyer and shitter a game is the better it is.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• ArmaniDevilArmaniDevil Member Posts: 83

Ten fucking years... If a multi-million dollar gaming company can't push out a game that totally dominates TL2 in every fathomable way, then they (Blizzard) should all take crude oil showers and go play with matches.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

It still boggles my mind that people are whining about the RMAH feature.  No matter how many times you curbstomp the fact that these third party transactions have been going on for over a decade, these people still can't figure it out. 

There was a poster who said something about not liking the MP function of D3 and would rather play the game by themselves and not worry about other players.  That line of thinking might make sense...until I blow it up and make you look foolish.  Ever hear of private games?  Add a password and..Wow..only YOU can play the compaign.  It's magic! 

No, it's just common sense..I guess I'm one of the few people who actually have it.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Torchlight 2 is a day one purchase for me.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by DAS1337

It still boggles my mind that people are whining about the RMAH feature.  No matter how many times you curbstomp the fact that these third party transactions have been going on for over a decade, these people still can't figure it out. 

There was a poster who said something about not liking the MP function of D3 and would rather play the game by themselves and not worry about other players.  That line of thinking might make sense...until I blow it up and make you look foolish.  Ever hear of private games?  Add a password and..Wow..only YOU can play the compaign.  It's magic! 

No, it's just common sense..I guess I'm one of the few people who actually have it.

3rd party transactions  have been going on for a decade doesnt mean its right.  Hey hacks and bots been around forever .....hmmm ..lets make them legit and sell them to players too.

I think the poster talking about offline play.. i duno y people want to play offline but they just do lol

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by Aori

Yanno originally T2 was to be released in may 2011.. lol. Hopefully T2 comes out before D3 otherwise i may never pick it up.

It didnt make that date because they pulled the team over to convert TL to Xbox 360. Its a smart business move really & I doubt the delay will hurt anything.

Some people will blindly buy D3 because tis Diablo (even if most of the Diablo 1 & 2 team are gone) and its Blizzard.

I will buy TL2 because I enjoy the original.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I'm not sure what's more laughable, someone claiming that TL2 is going to be real competition for D3 or the rabid sycophants leaping to Blizzard's defense.  I'll go with the latter.  I've never been partial to lap dogs and at least foolish fantasy can be remedied.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

I'm buying both; just because I suspect they'll be well made games.

So they'll tie.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

lol i'm sure most people haven't even heard of torchlight. Anyways, the two games aren't even comparable. Diablo 3 be a juggernaught just like its predecessors, it has been 10 years since the last release of a diablo game.. I mean come on. 

Any that actually thinks torchlight would have any effect on a diablo title is clearly dilusional. The offline play and only solo play for torchlight is why I never got past the demo. Why would anyone want to play a diablo type game offline/solo. 

Frankly, I like having "offline" and "solo" as OPTIONS.  You cannot give too many options and D3 doesn't give me those options.  I also don't particularly care for the RMAH bit. 

I don't play games because 12 million people play them or because they're the latest fad.  I play games because I enjoy them.  Not everyone has the same taste, and like I said earlier in the thread....D3 is too demonic for me.  I like the whimsy of T2.  I played both of the Diablo games and Torchlight.  I just happen to have a fondness for Torchlight....some will and some won't.  It's all good.

Do I think T2 will COMPETE with D3?  ROFL....no way.  But that doesn't mean it won't be a great game and I'm still buying it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by sldrop

3rd party transactions  have been going on for a decade doesnt mean its right.  Hey hacks and bots been around forever .....hmmm ..lets make them legit and sell them to players too.

I think the poster talking about offline play.. i duno y people want to play offline but they just do lol

Just because it isn't right doesn't mean it isn't there.  To fault a company for trying to limit these third party companies by allowing YOU, the player, to buy and sell items..is kind of silly.  The people who don't want to do this will go about their business as usual.  The people who have some money, or the people who want to make a buck..will take part.  They are allowing you the option.  You don't have to take the option.  No one is forcing you to. 

I would like offline play as well.  But I just don't see the big deal.  Log in, play.  How often do you think their servers will be offline?  Probably rarely, if ever.  If you want to play alone, make a private game.  I just think all these excuses are weak.  If you like T2 better than D3, that's cool.  IT doesn't mean that T2 will be able to legitimately compete with D3 just because you prefer it.  For everyone one of you, there's a thousand people who will prefor D3.

It's not all to do with sales either.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

lol i'm sure most people haven't even heard of torchlight. Anyways, the two games aren't even comparable. Diablo 3 be a juggernaught just like its predecessors, it has been 10 years since the last release of a diablo game.. I mean come on. 

Any that actually thinks torchlight would have any effect on a diablo title is clearly dilusional. The offline play and only solo play for torchlight is why I never got past the demo. Why would anyone want to play a diablo type game offline/solo. 

Frankly, I like having "offline" and "solo" as OPTIONS.  You cannot give too many options and D3 doesn't give me those options.  I also don't particularly care for the RMAH bit. 

I don't play games because 12 million people play them or because they're the latest fad.  I play games because I enjoy them.  Not everyone has the same taste, and like I said earlier in the thread....D3 is too demonic for me.  I like the whimsy of T2.  I played both of the Diablo games and Torchlight.  I just happen to have a fondness for Torchlight....some will and some won't.  It's all good.

Do I think T2 will COMPETE with D3?  ROFL....no way.  But that doesn't mean it won't be a great game and I'm still buying it.

Of course you can get too many options, just look at current MMO combat skill design. You get 5 bars of half redundant skills that doesn't really do anything other than mindless dps, aggro and healing

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

TL2 is not competition to D3.  It's not even close.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Just because it isn't right doesn't mean it isn't there.  To fault a company for trying to limit these third party companies by allowing YOU, the player, to buy and sell items..is kind of silly.  The people who don't want to do this will go about their business as usual.  The people who have some money, or the people who want to make a buck..will take part.  They are allowing you the option.  You don't have to take the option.  No one is forcing you to. 

I would like offline play as well.  But I just don't see the big deal.  Log in, play.  How often do you think their servers will be offline?  Probably rarely, if ever.  If you want to play alone, make a private game.  I just think all these excuses are weak.  If you like T2 better than D3, that's cool.  IT doesn't mean that T2 will be able to legitimately compete with D3 just because you prefer it.  For everyone one of you, there's a thousand people who will prefor D3.

I am blaming the COMPANY/!!!! lol

there other way arounf then allowing player to take part.....one word BAN! .  Hack? Ban.. bot ban..selling account ban!....buying power lvl ban...  selling and buying items should be on the list too lol

I personally will take part in RMAH lol its not for the money(will maybe little bit for the money) but mostly its a game feature i paid for.

but im still saying RMAH shouldnt be in the game lol

• DoozerglueDoozerglue Member UncommonPosts: 40

For those of you upset about no offline single player or LAN modes....

I've played the Diablo franchise since it first dropped in the mid 90's.  I enjoyed playing offline single player,  LAN, or online (with dial up) with my friends.  I don't blame Blizzard for changing the way they do things. Maybe some of you don't remember, but I watched as people cheated by "duping" items, with town kill hacks, and gold hacks, and level hacks, "god mode,"  etc, etc.  There were books created specifically for the cheater.  I could never understand why someone would want to play a game other than the way it was intended to be played.  It only takes a couple of people to ruin the online game experience, and there were plenty of people willing to take up that cause in the original Diablo (asshats). Cheaters made me quit Diablo, and I was happy to see they changed things up with D2.

It's the cheaters, hackers, and software pirates that have made Blizzard make you come online to play. It's not them being greedy.  Why should they let a third party make money off their game? They have better control this way.  I would love to have a game where I can play offline as a single player, then come online and hack and slash with my friends.  I just think those days are over because people need instant gratification or want to steal.  Don't blame Blizzard for trying to beat the pirates and cheaters. Blame the pirates and cheaters for fucking up your experience.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by Doozerglue

For those of you upset about no offline single player or LAN modes....

I've played the Diablo franchise since it first dropped in the mid 90's.  I enjoyed playing offline single player,  LAN, or online (with dial up) with my friends.  I don't blame Blizzard for changing the way they do things. Maybe some of you don't remember, but I watched as people cheated by "duping" items, with town kill hacks, and gold hacks, and level hacks, "god mode,"  etc, etc.  There were books created specifically for the cheater.  I could never understand why someone would want to play a game other than the way it was intended to be played.  It only takes a couple of people to ruin the online game experience, and there were plenty of people willing to take up that cause in the original Diablo (asshats). Cheaters made me quit Diablo, and I was happy to see they changed things up with D2.

It's the cheaters, hackers, and software pirates that have made Blizzard make you come online to play. It's not them being greedy.  Why should they let a third party make money off their game? They have better control this way.  I would love to have a game where I can play offline as a single player, then come online and hack and slash with my friends.  I just think those days are over because people need instant gratification or want to steal.  Don't blame Blizzard for trying to beat the pirates and cheaters. Blame the pirates and cheaters for fucking up your experience.

I'm not going to buy D3 (at least not until it gets down in price) because of the RMAH, but I still agree with you.

I am blaming the COMPANY/!!!! lol

there other way arounf then allowing player to take part.....one word BAN! .  Hack? Ban.. bot ban..selling account ban!....buying power lvl ban...  selling and buying items should be on the list too lol

I personally will take part in RMAH lol its not for the money(will maybe little bit for the money) but mostly its a game feature i paid for.

but im still saying RMAH shouldnt be in the game lol

So... how have all those bans worked in WoW?  Oh wait, there are still gold, item, and leveling transactions going on as we speak?  Yeah, those bans sure worked.  Creating a trial account to promote their service isn't very difficult.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I may buy it eventually but Kingdoms of Amalur releases in February and I'm definitely not passing up that for D3.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I decided to get T2 and not D3 due to how Blizz handles microtransactions in D3.

I rather miss a game no matter how good it is than encorage stuff like that, micro transactions are getting annoying even in single player games nowadays and I wont be a part of it.

If Blizz backs down I will get D3, but it seems unlikely.

Activision and EAs micro transactions really have gone haywire already, they sell small and rather worthless parts that should have been included for free in games like Dragon age and that is just silly. I know more than one person who actually downloaded the game illegally instead of buying it just because of that (or so they say at least).

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

TL was fun for about a week.  TL2 will have more longevity, but the steampunk artwork isn't a big draw to me.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

I have nothing at all against Torchlight.. but I must say D3 is looking epic.  I don't know if I will participate in the RMAH or not yet.. if I end up not wanting to, I just wont participate..

LIke a previous poster said, its not 100% bliz being greedy in the way they handle things.. Its cheaters/hackers and general losers that ruin it for us all.  But I wouldnt miss out on D3 over the RMAH, its going to be so awesome they would have to REALLY piss me off.. Ive been waiting for D3 forever, literally..

I plan on getting both games, if I had to choose one and only one out of the two, it would be D3, because while TL2 looks really good too, I just cant really imagine that it could go 1 on 1 with D3. 

Hell Im already addicted to D3 just from watching beta footage, its going to be BAD once I start playing haha

• TJYoung80234TJYoung80234 Member Posts: 12

AHAHAHAHA! I was reading the posts and thinking, what the hell is T2? Someone finally mentioned the actual title and I went to check it out. I guess there's a reason I hadn't heard of it. I absolutely DESPISE cartoon games. I like realistic graphics (as far as a game can go) and not something from the Sunday paper (like WoW).

Guess Diablo 3 and Path of Exile are what I'm waiting for. But Blizzard better fix themselves because I'm NOT paying $59.99 for a PC game EVER.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by TJYoung80234

But Blizzard better fix themselves because I'm NOT paying $59.99 for a PC game EVER.

You won't be playing Diablo 3 then :P

Would you pay 59.99 for a console game? If yes, then why would you be unwilling to do the same for a PC title?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by xKingdomx

I like torchlight II and all, but I just can't see how there is even a race between D3 and T2

D3 is pushing for the online element

T2 is pushing to achieve what D2 achieved

They are very similar game with a very differing purpose.

I agree

not to mention price difference

T2 will cost 20.00

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2011/08/26/torchlight-ii-price-announcement/

D3 will probably cost 50 - 60

any fan of action RPGs will probably pick up both

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Every fan of action RPG will get both.

But I wish T2 will come bit sooner. Because nobody will play both (basically same) games , in same time.

Honestly they are nuts not releasing T2 asap